MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jlcarey1

First time Veggie Gardener!

Hello all! I am starting my first vegetable garden this year. I have a couple questions and was wondering if anyone here could help. (I'm sure SOMEONE can! ;) )

I started some seeds inside and they seem to be doing very well. My onions are growing great and so is my lettuce and basil. However, I wasn't sure if I should split them up yet? I put a small pinch of seeds in each little space (I'm using one of the indoor seed starter trays with approximately 2" little spaces for each one.) My onions are about 3" tall now and the lettuce about 2". However, as I said I used a small pinch of seeds in each little space and so they are growing fairly thickly. The lettuces probably have about 20 stems in each space and the onions about 10. Do these need to be split up? Same thing for the basil and oregano? Just really not sure, they seem to be doing just fine all together like that but I wasn't sure how they will grow the bigger they get.

It will be rather difficult but yes the herbs and lettuce need

to be transplanted either out in the garden if it is warm or into individual pots.

The onions need more space now but are

very delicate. They do not need to be

transplanted outdoors until all danger of frost is passed.