MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What a morning!

Guest Guest

I've been up since 3:00 a.m. (4 old time). We had an awful scare this morning. DH is in charge of our little town and we got a call from our son saying one of the local guys came to his door hysterical. It seems he and another 21 year old were drinking and decided to climb to the top of the water tower and the other guy fell in. At first it sounds kind of funny BUT there is nothing to hold on to once inside, it's probably 20' deep and it's very cold deep well water that's pumped up there and the temp. last night was about 30 so it was extremely cold water.

The odds of him not drowning before someone could get to him were slim but some of the younger guys in town climbed the 120' to the top and got him pulled out. I haven't heard how they got him down or how he is but thank God he was alive.

Sometimes it amazes me that any of us survive when you think of the stupid things so many of us do/did as young people.

These two boys/men have a reputation for drinking and being ididots most of the time. I do hope this makes them grow up a little.

I don't know when DH will be home but I'm sure the water tower will have to emptied and refilled after he went swimming and probably did a couple of other things up there.

What a morning!

------------------

dee.jpg

Kids, they seem to never learn. They will try anything at least once won't they. I hope they remember this next time they decide to go out drinking.

I hope you can get some rest now and I DO hope the boys/men have learned to stay on the ground where they belong.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

WOW! Now that does seem funny, but it's really dangerous! I've heard that the body temperature can drop and then they are really in trouble! Hope evrything settles down...and you get the rest you need.

How big is your town?

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Wow, Dee! I got a good laugh from the mothers response!

It sounds like you live in a nice town...there are going to be some possible major changes in our life, and at some point will have to move, although it might not be until next year. After all that's going on, DH and I are thinking that small (or smaller) town living might be good for us, witha few acres of our own...that's my dream, anyway...and he's concerned about our safely. Although we understand that it's relative safer. I'm sure things happen in small towns too, just not as much as in the bigger cities.

I hope the young man learned a lesson, and you got your rest!

Happygirl

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Microscopic happygirl, about 200-250 people. We live about 3 miles north of town.

Being the small town we are, our fire dept. is all volunteer and we haven't got much for fancy stuff. Three young men stood on top of that tall water tower and using a rope pulled the guy out of the tank. Here they are 120' up standing on a slanted roof pulling someone out of a pool of water. Fortunately, he was aware enough to tie the rope around himself.

After getting him out there is no equipment to get him down so they kept the rope on him and he had to go down the ladder. He would lose his grip at times and swing around for awhile but he'd get it back finally and kept coming down.

The ambulance was waiting for him and they took him to the hospital where they got him warmed up, was examined and released. He was so lucky....except for his mother who let he and the other kid have it with both barrels! grin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dee (edited October 28, 2002).]