MrsSurvival's 2012 Fall Gathering

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cat,

I have met you and you are perfectly normal.

:unsure: as long as we forget the Thanksgiving Macarena Conga / can-can line thru the cheesy broccoli casserole. :happy0203:

Lisa

"May you have all the happiness, and luck that life can hold. And at the end of your rainbows, may you find a pot of gold."

Congrats Lisa and dh! (Wormy, behave yourself! ;) )

I'm sorry guys, but I'm going to be working afterall and won't be able to attend. I really want to make it to one of these sometime. :( In the meantime, for those of you attending, be prepared for a care package from California!

Andrea

awwwwwwwwwww Andrea, I'm sorry you won't be able to make it but I do understand.

I'd like to get an updated head count as to those whose plans haven't been interrupted by "real life" and will still be coming...

So, I'll be here with 2 of my children.

Who else will be able to make it for sure?

Mt Rider, I hadn't purchased my ticket yet. I was waiting to see if dh was going to be working out of town that weekend. Ironically, I'm the one who ended up working. Oh well, I'll get out to Georgia one of these times. I would really like to meet all of you in person.

If the plane is flying we'll be on it, hoping not to be late. We are seeing news reports that the airline has been doing some "slow downs". Dh has been tired and came wearily. into the bedroom one day saying - "I wonder what time the sun comes up in Ga?" I have been counting sleeps and I know he is excited now too that harvest is completed.

I am not sure if I will be able to make it. I am having car trouble. I was thinking of trying to fly in if I could find a flight and could get there from the airport. I am not sure if my daughter will be able to go or not as she may have to suddenly be available to babysit my great-nephew. My nephew is supposed to pick him up from his mother on the 9th if all goes well. Of course, she could still appeal or disappear so he can't get his son. If he gets him, I will be looking at just me. Until I started to think maybe flying ( or bus) I figured I just couldn't go. If I can get there through either I will make it. ( unless someone was passing thorugh Ohio on the way and I caught a ride, but I think the plane or bus are the more likely options.) As soon as I know for sure, I will let you go. It stinks, because I have the time off work, but the car is a problem. Just the past two weeks I have replaced the battery and a tire. I now have the tie rod end on the left front needing to be replaced, am leaking oil, probably a bad gasket, have the brakes needing work and then of course the speedometer has decided to quit ( some of the time). I have to get the car fixed, so it isn't making that kind of a trip.

Deb, whether you take a bus or fly just know that we will make sure there is someone there to meet you and pick you up to bring you to the farm so don't worry about that at all. I just hope you'll be able to make it!

And MomM...the more I look at Koa, the more I think she resembles her new mama.

:)

lolol

Well, dang.

Had really hoped to make it to the gathering, Mom in tow, but doesn't seem likely now. She isn't traveling well - "fades out" on me even on short trips to the grocery store. I'm wary about taking her the 12 miles to Winchester and although she's done 2 trips to Chattanooga (about an hour) this past summer, it was tough on her. She's been having some strange dizzy spells - now mostly at night when she lies down to go to bed. CT and bloodwork don't show anything negative.

Then I've got a back issue. An MRI showed a slight bulging disc and something on the root of the nerve where my left leg gets weak and wobbly. I went through physical therapy all summer; would rather go back to the chiropractor but CIGNA isn't a fan.

If'n we don't make it down, y'all have a super time. Mom sure enjoyed the last visit and she was looking forward to this one.

If it ain't one thang...:banghead:

It's a little over a 2 hour drive - and a lovely one at that. We'll play it by ear, but I'm not counting on it. There are nights - and tonight is one of them - where I'm not sure she'll make it through the night. It's been a real roller coaster this year and as goofy as it sounds, playing "Margaritaville Online" on Facebook has saved my sanity. Last year's students were awful and added to a tough spring.

Prayers are coveted. We'd sure like to see y'all again. :hidingsmile:

:happy0203: I'll be happy to finally meet ya, Granny!!!!!

MtRider [...gonna be so much fun! :grouphug: ]

Sure excited about meeting ya and all the others. Praying nothing comes up to thwart my plans. Has wormie given out the password yet? I suspect he'll be out at the entrance gate doing guard duty with his BBQ fork again.

Well, the password might be either: "Who is John Gault?" or "Give instructions, in the proper order, for storing grain in a five-gallon bucket."

Bringing my headlamp for night maneuvers.....a.k.a. 'milking the cow in the dark'. It's dark out there in Darlene's boonies!

MtRider :grinning-smiley-044:

Edited by Mt_Rider
leaving out tiny words...

Oh trust me when I say it will not be as easy as it was last time. It is time to ramp up our security! I would suggest that everyone might want to make sure that they are up to date on their canning terminology, demonstrating proficiency in field stripping their personal carry weapon, the life expectancy of properly stored food items, and be able to identify herbs by picture. A failure on any of these or others that WILL be done could result in in-depth training and a delay in their participation with the group. Oh, and not to mention lack of sleep due to the training. :eclipsee_Victoria:

:wormie2:

John