MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wenesday and the First Day Of Summer!

Well folks here it is the first day of Summer and the weather is doing it's best to let everyone here know that !

96 here right now (at 3:15) and still going a bit higher before it cools off later tonight.

Radio keeps saying to stay inside if at all possible! <--- I am doing THAT!

I was outside in garden at 5:30 am and it was getting hot then.

Inside it is cool, seeing we have most windows covered with dark blue 'shade' curtains and upstairs are blackout curtains so no sun getting in here.

No air condition here so we do what we have to to stay cool in hot weather.

I am sure we will be sleeping downstairs in the Pioneer Room tonight.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

It's 90 deg. here today. We normally don't get in the 90's until the end of July first of Aug. Looks like it's gonna be a hot dry summer here. :knary:

And I have a huge fly buzzing around my head that I can't get rid of.

Looks like a buzzard circling. :0327:

Hot here too and yet I love it. Wouldn't love it if we didn't have air-conditioning but knowing I can come in and cool off makes the greens of summer, along with the blue sky and the summer heat one of the best times of year. I sooooooooo would rather have the heat than the black and white dreary bitter cold days of winter.

Like you AH, I was outside working at 5:30 this morning. Beautiful time of day to work outside.

I also got a ice cream bucket of black raspberries picked but was just too tired to deal with them. So, we ate our fill and the rest are in the freezer. Next picking I hope to get some pies made and into the freezer for winter eating.

Oh man, I hate those fly that buzz around my head. Hope you've gotten him taken care of by now Jeepers.

It was finally down to 86 when we were coming home from taekwondo just before 6. I watered the garden at 7:30 because DS2 slept in and so did I. The neighbor is out weed whacking now. - Crazy!

DS2 had his one year check this morning, 22 lbs and 29.5 inches. And then we ran and picked up part of his late birthday present.

Wink~ I would love to have the berries in already. My blackberries haven't turned yet. I talked to my sister about blueberries early this morning. She said only two farms watered and those are the only two open for business. You have to put your order in a few days before and they are $14.50 per 5 lbs box. :faint3: I want/need 20# between eating and putting up. I've never had to pre-order either. Times are changing. I told the kids we would make cookies tomorrow but I'm going to have to figure out how to get an inventory in of my canned veggies.

Wink~ glad you ended up getting rain today. Hoping we get some tonight and tomorrow!

I have just taped the door to the hallway. Too bad neither of my two neighbor's is using airconditioning.

Its feeling about 87 outside here, further north than AH :AmishMichaelstraw:

It did reach 91 today.

Tomorrow expected to be about 95

I had already made the appt to go do laundry in a town nearby. Only place with hot water and some of the hottest dryers on the planet. I went at 1030am and got home about 2pm. The ladies that own the place there have these huge fans they can move around so they keep a stiff breeze going through out the place, so I nursed a soda and went to work. Folded it all up after washing and drying and did take a break outside.... nice and humid and hot but it was speckled sunshine on the bench out front.

My ICW /VA worker was sitting in her airconditioned jeep about the whole time doing work on papers and her cell phone. She did say she got alot done. Course the dryers when you open them up to either check the clothes or to take them out and fold them literally singe you pretty good.

Well, it takes about 15 minutes to get back to my place and I was streamin' by the time we got back because it was so much cooler in the vehicle. Got my things put up and it felt like I had a good workout.

My one little window airconditioner is keeping it about 80 inside. if the neighbors had them, it would probably drop alot faster tonight but I dont think it will. This whole building gets pretty darn hot. Dark curtains and shades and I was using one fan for a while this evening and yet I know I need to let the A/C blow further than that allowed it for the rest of my place where it tends to get to anyhow.

I should have done this earlier, close the bedroom door and bathroom door, so just did that and the front door edges are sealed with some tape for the night, easy to remove if I need to, since I make pull tabs. WEll its not on tight anyhow but it does block the hall heat from sneaking in. That should get things to moderate abit better.

One can always take a lukewarm down to cold shower too if they are just too hot feeling. That always helps me, if I get too roasting.

With the temps bouncing around so often its hard to remember what to do sometimes. I think I had a sweatshirt on last night as part of my jammies, lol. Yes, one more day of hot heat and then it cools back down.

Glad I did my laundry. Was nice to wash and dry it all automatically. Even if it was super hot feeling in that laundromat today.

When I got home at 2pm or so, my one thought was to come in and have something to drink and settle and just do stuff after putting laundry away, very quietly, other than getting some supper done up when it was time.

Of course that is when my Australian friend, F, pops up on FB and says, wow , Brrr, it was only 26F /-3C last night! Winter solstice for them, while ours is summer solstice. ( First day of summer for us anyhow).

It made me grin, seeing that.

Edited by arby

Howdy All,

Welcome to the first official day of the Summer.

Trekked through the Wild West today, *cough* *cough* *cough*, the smoke from all those fires was intensely dense.

At home, around 4:30 this morning it was 72 degrees. By 8:00 am it was 95. They were forecasting 112 to 115 to be the high. DH said he was hiding out from the heat when we talked.

At 4:00 pm it was 109 here in Texas.

Noticed a 2 mile long line of trucks waiting to get through one of the check points, really made me wonder what was going on. My little brother drives a rig and with pre pass they do not have to stop. I would guess they were either looking for something or their computer system was down.

Yesterday I smoked a few of the trout we caught. Monday's fishing trip brought our total for the year up to 105. :yum3:

Hope you all have a wonderful evening.