MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Beautiful Monday Morning

Morning everyone :bouquet:

Boy, what a pretty morning it is. I've been out getting a few things done because it's to hit 94 with about 80% humidity sometime today. That's miserable but thankfully we have electricity and air conditioning so I'll just hibernate inside.

How are people w/o electricity handling this heat and humidity? I do feel for them and hope they have generators, family/friends or someplace they can go. It's just downright dangerous!

I got my mile walked and have things watered. I see I have a tomato turning that yellowish color that means it's ripening. I can hardly wait!

On my walk this morning I saw a duck with 6 half grown ducklings swimming in the creek. I'd taken some bread to feed the fish so I fed the ducks too. Gosh they're cute and they loved the bread.

Well, time for breakfast. You all have a great day and let us know how you're all doing with the weather in your neck of the woods. Stay safe! :grouphug:

:knary: We had a cooler morning, so I was able to open a few windows and cool the house down a few degrees. By 8, I had to shut the windows again. We're going to be in the 90s all week , humid with no rain in the forecast. We need some rain!

Here's one I didn't expect: with the high humidity, the jamb of our back door must have swelled a little. I can't get the deadbolt unlocked.

We've been watering the garden every evening. While DH waters, I weed some or pick raspberries. We have black raspberry bushes and they've been producing very well. I think we've got our $5 back out of them! (A couple years ago, I found raspberry bushes on clearance for $1 each. I bought 5. I think we've gotten our money back on that deal! :happy0203: )

I got home around 230pm? or so.... from an 8 mile walk. At least its not super hot here but it was humid enough but partly cloudy, but only a smattering of rain drops as clouds are forming up but not really raining , they are still building up and going SE from where I live.

Yep. So much for busfare. Tomorrow is payday at least. Oh, had to do that walk on an empty stomach since VA wanted fasting blood tests..... I got there ...... and they tell me it wasn't til next Monday? Huh? But how can you get the lab work down state and done before Tuesday when my doc is to call me cause she has the results?

Anyway, they stuck me four times before they could get a draw.... I am such fun for that stuff....

..... and I walk the 4 miles back.... sort of a slow plodding affect going on because left foot is already feeling way too hot on the sole, side of sole and ball of foot..... yep.... occasionally removing my cabela's cap and hoping I don't come up on a bear or a moose who doesn't like me walking all by my lonesome..... to cool my head when its breezy.... k.... make it back....

Had to call for DAV, yea! They can pick me up for VAMC trip mid month.....ok........ hope they remember!

Ok.... other appt for some other stuff is verified..... but for some reason the means test I did weeks ago has not been put in to system?? what the heck? so need to see about that.....but I am not walking anymore outside today..... will call but if I need to repeat that app, I will go up tommorrow.....my footsies have had more than enough.

I am happy to say the rest of me did just fine on that walk...... but my feet are so darn tender on the bottom....

It was one of those things, taking shoes off and delicately removing the socks...... wondering if it would be a real mess..... well, blisters .... these shoes are not good for long walks....... trying to figure out how to eat decent, pay copays and get quality hiking boots....... hmmm.

Can I just go eat now?

I no sooner get things off, gingerly make it over to laptop and have sorted out what I need right here.... got tv on to listen to news for a bit, and some dude knocks on my door... I am like, oh man, I can barely walk just now..... so I holler, Yea??

Is Chris here?

Im a bit zoned on that walking, hadnt eaten yet..... have about 4 things on my mind I need to finish up and do formally and trying to make sure I have all my phone numbers and names, times and dates .... and the cool AC is making me pour off that red glow I have going..... Im not exactly dressed for company now.... and this dude starts to turn the knob on my door. Thank God I had the door bolt locked. I really didn't know if I Had made sure to lock it!

I was wondering if I should grab up my survival knife and have it ready to apply.... what the heck ? I am not Chris! He's , like , across the hall ( I guess) . I dont know the new tenants name...... geez, if I had had a pistol I would have grabbed it......would have scared heck out of him I guess. ( Maybe that would teach him to be sure he has the right apartment!) .

and I get on fb and find out there was a bank robbery at 1 pm in Plattsburgh, and I was a sitting duck walking on that road this whole time.... and I would not have known. By the 6.5m spot I was basically hobbling along.... ( we so rarely have serious crime around here, so that was surprising).

and this twit dude is going to just walk in? He wasn't invited, I was just replying? That does not mean you can walk in my door ! Criminy. So glad I had automatically turned that bolt lock, and I hadnt been sure it was actually locked and had just been thinking I needed to go check it. Trying to infuse myself with more water ..... now I need to eat for sure. I sure hope nothing else goes on. I'm on edge dealing with a whole bunch of new situations......

That guy is lucky the door was bolted. I probably would have grabbed a heavy book at least had the door swung open and thrown it at him...

Castle law..... and I couldn't walk fast enough , so a book was handy. Shrugs...

Note to self, get bus money put aside from now on. Other note , tell neighbor I have ptsd and caution his buddies to make sure they know which apartment door is HIS. Sheesh.

Well at least the newer team at the VA clinic seems decent enough. They were actually quite nice and helpful.

Pleh~ ( that's help spelled backwards) .

oh, while I was out there, I walked along , scoping out the really vacant areas... forested stuff, some steep inclines, but for good spots to get off that road in an emergency and hide and ticked off basics I could use , cover,types of trees, where the poison ivy was..... how dense things were..... water availability...... and worked on scanning around me as I went identifying noises and such.

Even red squirrels make quite a bit of noise..... I was thinking it was a deer walking through the forest litter.......nope , just a squirrel, who only alerted when it came to the last tree and finally saw me from the ground..... lol. I was wondering how loud a deer or moose ( there is a whole swampy area and river branch on one area of the road) or bear might sound at this season , walking through that spot, after realizing how loud the squirrels footsteps actually were, lol.

My feet are not so great just now,but it was more the other stuff that was so unnerving. Ok, off to figure out something to eat.... I burned my muffins ( early this morning)

and need something else... so , will toddle off to the kitchen now. I don't think I want any more surprises and the brain is on low ebb I can definitely tell! It was at the va clinic, lol. Worse when I got home. That guy was just too casual ..... having a book come flying at him would have taught him for sure though...... sheesh. Well.... I sure hope that new neighbor would label his door or something. These friends of his are not too swift either. Maybe he was stoned? Im just wiped out..... can I be a hermit now? Blissfully? Until tomorrow morning?

:misc-smiley-231:

Chocolate cake in a mug while I make burritos ..... yep that would be fine with me...... and I have that stuff handy! ....

cya latah.