MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hose Water Warning

• 11 months later...

So true. The water in a hose left out in sun will get extremely hot.  I am also looking at buying a stainless steel hose for the well. Not for garden but for drinking.  The garden hoses have things in the plastic you don't want to be drinking. So looking into one of the stainless steal ones. Also you can buy food grade garden hose from the camper supply places. But remember even those will get very hot if left out in sun. 

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

We’ve had issues all month, it’s been around 100° for a few weeks.  Ouch hot!  Gotta let it run, somewhere it won’t kill the plants, before filling the dog dishes, birds dishes or watering the yard. Hot, hot, HOT!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Had to replace 2 of my hoses this year.  They were so old they were shredding bad.  Still want to get a stainless steal one for the well. Would just need a short one as I would only be using that if something happens that water gets cut off.  And yes it would not be the first time around here for that to happen.

• 1 month later...

Along the lines of hot hose water:

Don't forget about our pets tootsies. Same thing goes on hot car upholstery. Ever rest your arm on the window frame or grab a steering wheel or the seat belt in a hot car? I have and boy does it burn. Gotta try to stay one step ahead of the critters. Also, stopping to talk to a friend in a parking lot or the sidewalk while yout pet waites standing on a hot surface happens all too often too. It's hard to think of everything but we can try.

Hot.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Another thing to be aware of with kids is to check slides, swings, ect.  On a sunny day, if not in a shaded area, those shiny metal slides are too hot for little ones.

And car seats and buckles in the car.  When we had a vehice without tinted windows, in the summer,  I always kept a small baby blanket over the carseat if DD wasn't in it.  

• Thanks 4
On 6/28/2021 at 11:53 AM, Jeepers said:

. . . Same thing goes on hot car upholstery. Ever rest your arm on the window frame or grab a steering wheel or the seat belt in a hot car? I have and boy does it burn.

Gonna post a vid about this over in the humor forum. :hapydancsmil:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 10 months later...