MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Looking for my cat.

Has anyone seen my cat?

I had 2 cats. A friendly cat that passed away a few months ago and a shy cat . At the best of times I only see shy cat in the morning when I get ready for work and only then if I surprise her. Although when her food dish is low I do hear about it.

When the temperature started getting into the 100's outside the house inside the house stayed around 90 to 95 I made sure the kids kept the water dish full of fresh water during the day. They even added a ice cube or two when they got themselves something to drink.

Our central air went out a few years ago and it needs replaced. No room in the budget for that until we are more debt free. So it's been HOT here.

Thursday farmer friend called me and said that the renters in the "grandma house" they have just left and did I want to use the window AC from that house until the high heat breaks.

We curtained off the bedrooms and the AC is keeping them nice and comfortable . The rest of the house is staying at between 80 to 85 during the day.

I have not seen shy cat for a week now but I've gone as long as two weeks without seeing her. Every once in a while I ask if someone in the family has seen her. Dh makes sure the food dish is full so he is the one that sees her the most.

Yesterday DH asked if anyone has seen her. He said it's been a week since he's seen her.

The litter box was used so I think she's still alive and DD2 thought she saw her the day before yesterday. Maybe.

That cat has 500 hiding places. Some of them you would not think she could get into so I'm not looking forward to trying to find her.

Weather forecast for today is partly cloudy, cooler and less humid with a shower or t-storm possible in the morning. High: 85 It's overcast and 75 right now.

Maybe that will bring her out of hiding but if it storms it maybe another two weeks of me not seeing her.

As long as we get rain I can live with that.

We got maybe 15 raindrops today and the only reason I know that is because I was outside at the time.

If I put out a speical food that would get the dog hyper and it's been to hot to leave her outside long. Dog and Dh have a long standing feud and he has recently banned her from the bedrooms.

Hey, at least you got a few drops. We sure didn't! :(

Is this an indoor cat or outdoor cat? I thought indoor because of the litter box, but I'm not sure. :blink:

I was afraid that our cat would crawl under our king-sized bed and be incapacitated or die there and I couldn't reach her. She had a knack for choosing a "special place" for her naps for a few weeks and then changing suddenly and I couldn't find her until *she* wanted to come out. NOT FUN when you're worried about her health. :gaah:

SO glad you have the loan of the air conditioner! :woohoo:

:hug3:

Just keep her food available daily and check her water, the ice cubes are a great idea... and everyone listen for kitty meows in distress in case she got stuck somewhere, as you go about your business and are outside occassionally. If she is within earshot and stuck in a pipe or something she would want help then. But it sounds like she is probably really laying low and probably has a spot or two that are much cooler than the yard may seem right now with all the heat.

:woohoo:

I saw her for about 3 seconds this morning as she streaked across the living room and after she ate I now know her current hiding place.

When she is in a good mood she will let you pet her.

Her rules are ...

NEVER PICK HER UP

IF SHE WANTS TO BE PETTED SHE WILL COME TO YOU

THE FOOD DISH MUST ALWAYS BE AT LEAST 1/2 FULL

GUEST MUST NOT KNOW SHE EXIST

DOGS ARE DORKS

ALL FORMS OF FLEA TREATMENT WILL PUT YOU ON HER HIT LIST :baseballbat:

Had to have plumbing work and ceiling plaster worked on today. My cat just slips into the closet and sleeps or sits there wondering who is that strange fellow with tools and stuff ..... or hides when the door gets opened.

Well if the kitty is inside, then its doing fine. I got the impression it was always outside still. . At least it has shelter and its cooler inside some?

They just go to ground when its hot anyway. That is natural for felines of any size.

Im relieved. Kitties are pretty self reliant, that is part of their charm, and I too have a shy one to keep tabs on and I worry if I don't see her daily....