MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Weather STILL not good for around here!

I don't want to say THINGS ARE BAD BUT.......................

Thunder sounds about 10:30 last night then wind picked up. Started to drizzle a bit but not enough rain for a millipede to wash his feet in!

It is so dry around here that you kick up dust when you walk in garden. Grass is drown and DEAD! Flowers droop each day I don't water them, Heat is so high people are being told to not be outside during the day!

Farmer Market is down as most of them are in parking lots and it is just too hot for people to be out there shopping! They are just coming in, grabbing what they need and leaving.

We were blessed with rain last week. The storms dumped enough water that the children were swimming in parks, inner tubbing and kayaking on the streets. Now it is back to clear skies, hot and mosquitoes everywhere.

Still no rain here. A 20% chance for the next 24 hours but it's been that percent a number of times with nothing coming down. We can only hope this is different. Unless you're actually in an actual thunderstorm area the prediction is only for 1/10 inch. We need at least a couple of nice steady inches for it to do much good but some of is it is too far gone for even a couple of inches to help.

Still no rain here! Yesterday it was 95 degrees. The rest of the week it is supposed to be in the high 80's and maybe rain tomorrow. I only water my shrubs because they are new. We aren't in a water ban here yet.

I can't remember us ever having a water ban here because our supply comes from one of the Great Lakes. At least that's what I've been told. Doesn't help the farmers who don't live in one of the counties that abut the lake though.

I can't remember the last time my grass was mowed. Probably 4-5 weeks ago and it won't need it next week either. That has to be effecting the landscape companies who make a living mowing for the elderly and corporations. They lost out on the snow plowing last winter too.

Light, quick rain this morning. Kept reminding myself it's better than no rain. We had a 65% chance last night and nothing. We have 40% chance tonight and 60% tomorrow and tomorrow night. I'm watering the garden everyday or other day (no bans, yet) but have given up on the yard and flowers.

The garden is doing a little better because I was a little heavy handed when I put the straw down (who knew it would be a good thing now).

Harvested my garlic today and have almost a bucket of blackberries. Harvested some various peppers yesterday. Need to check the beans but it's to hot.

When you get done with it, Dee, please send it this way.....It is SOOOOOOO hot and dry here. :knary:

:bighug2:

When I came home from work today I saw something strange... :unsure: there was water sitting in the low spot in the driveway.

I think they call it a mud puddle :o I don't know it's been so long since I saw one.

Son said we had a downpour for about 6 minuntes. :woohoo:

Still no rain here. A 20% chance for the next 24 hours but it's been that percent a number of times with nothing coming down. We can only hope this is different. Unless you're actually in an actual thunderstorm area the prediction is only for 1/10 inch. We need at least a couple of nice steady inches for it to do much good but some of is it is too far gone for even a couple of inches to help.

I agree 20% means it will NOT rain here!

The ground is so dry even IF we get rain most of it will just be 'run-off' as no time to soak into ground.

What we need is a l o n g s l o w rain or rain for more then one day in 3 weeks!

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Maybe it's headed your way Mother, because it's gone here. It didn't even dampen the ground! :beat_deadhorse:

THAT was what we got last night!

It Looked like it would rain?

It sounded like thinder?

it looked like wind was picking up.

Heard the rian fall for maybe 30 seconds.

I went outside to see and it was so hot out that whatever fell dried up in seconds.

and nothing in rain gauge?

Time for the rain dance- :woohoo::bounce::darlenedance::grouphug::band2:

I will try ANYTHING to make it rain!

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Don't be downhearted, :AmishMichaelstraw: , when we finally got rain it had been only a 20% change and it ended up raining all night! The next rain we got was not even in the forcast! The weather forcasters are the only people that can be wrong so often and still keep their jobs! Count your blessings. I bet you haven't had to mow :wacko:

Praying for rain for all

I don't want to say THINGS ARE BAD BUT.......................

Thunder sounds about 10:30 last night then wind picked up. Started to drizzle a bit but not enough rain for a millipede to wash his feet in!

It is so dry around here that you kick up dust when you walk in garden. Grass is drown and DEAD! Flowers droop each day I don't water them, Heat is so high people are being told to not be outside during the day!

Farmer Market is down as most of them are in parking lots and it is just too hot for people to be out there shopping! They are just coming in, grabbing what they need and leaving.

Yep... We've got what you've got! The ground feels like concrete!

I got the NY storm last night and during late afternoon, lots of thunder and lightening as the cells swept over, high winds, there are trees down and damage in some areas, power went out. I got a few gully washers of rain through it , so over an inch for sure. The creek was up this morning at 6am but the storm cells flew south east bound and what I see of current radar, some of IN, OH, Lower PA and Northern VA , NJ, NYC , Boston are getting those cells that wound up big enough to begin to rain. It was hot but breezy in Albany today, humid but was bearable with the breeze. Nice up here today, about 80. , grateful for the rain. Some areas at least are not really hurting like midwest and your area of NY state, AH and TMC.... the storms just are not forming in large masses ..... very small rain cells on west coast right now...... very little , a smattering over Colorado and some Rocky mountain states, Nebraska maybe , I only glanced around......

It looks like some of the South is doing better this year, Houston has had quite alot of rain this past week and Central TX seemed to be getting more , or Dallas area, what is that North Central TX?

Wonder if CGA is getting any of it this past week or so.

Last year up here we were inundated with water, this year, barely enough, corn is short but still pretty green and the occasional rain is helping our farmers some. But it still wasn't enough rain yesterday evening to make my little creek get noisy and it should be somewhat noisy on a regular basis.

Do what you can is all I can say. Water by hand with grey water and such , bath water, shower water, tap water, old coffee to keep your gardens going.

Even extra milk doesnt hurt. If its not a water restriction situation, water your garden with your hoses..... produce is skyrocketing again in the stores so if you can still grow it, water it and just pay more for your water if you can budget that in, at least you know where your produce is coming from when it comes to our kitchen gardens.

Nothing here yet either. Hot, dry and not a cloud in the sky though we are under a severe thunder storm watch.

Jori, I'll be glad to send it your way when we are done with it but truthfully, if it comes I'd like to keep it for a few days at least. I'll try not to be greedy though so you can have some and then send it on to AH for a while. :)

Hey, someone, give us a rain emoticon, would you? Or at least a rain dancing one. I'm with Michael, time to get out the feathers and try a rain dance. Close your eyes though, with my size and infirmaties it's not going to be a pretty sight. ( Mother <- :sHa_sarcasticlol: )

My rain gauge is empty, too!

Today, DH worked on a job about an hour away from home. He got stormed on most of the day. When he got home, he asked if I went out and emptied the rain gauge as there wasn't much it it...NOPE, the storms mostly went around us.

It's SO humid. I've been having to stay in our bedroom with the a/c on most of the time. Even this morning at 5am, the dew point was 70, so there was no opening up windows to cool off the house. Outside it feels like I'm trying to breathe through a swimming pool.

:pray:

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary

Just took the trash to the curb, it's lightening like crazy. Praying for the rain.

I talked to the neighbor behind me this afternoon. He said the power plant he works at had a partial shut down because the river is so low. Not sure if they are still on the shut down. There are sandbars in the middle of the river. I grew up there and have NEVER seen a sandbar in the river.

Edited by Jori

Hey, someone, give us a rain emoticon, would you? Or at least a rain dancing one. I'm with Michael, time to get out the feathers and try a rain dance. Close your eyes though, with my size and infirmaties it's not going to be a pretty sight. ( Mother <- :sHa_sarcasticlol: )

:sHa_sarcasticlol: Mother, you are hysterical!

Yup... we have what Jori has!! :woohoo:

I didn't even mind being awakened several times by the LOUD thunder! :blink:

Amazing how VERY GOOD the rain on the roof sounds after so long without. Yesterday it went to the north of DD's house where I was with DGS. Yes, gofish got some, but at our house we only got a dribble. I could tell by leaves and indentations that held a bit of leftover rain.

Yes, friends. You can thank me. :curtsey:

All I had to do was drag stuff out of my basement to sort through and leave it outside. :whistling::happy0203:

(Yes, I covered it with tarps when they said it *might* rain. But now I'll have to really get busy taking care of it before it mildews. I figured as dry as it was, I could get it done. Then bigDD called and needed a babysitter Wednesday, too, instead of just Thursday & Friday. And DH wants to go to Michigan Sat, Sun, and Monday. :shakinghead: )

Thank You, God... we sure needed this rain! :pray:

LOL

My version of a rain dance.... hapydancsmil.giffiesta.gifhapydancsmil.gif

We can hope ..... weathermanf4.gif

BTW, is everyone OK? Saw on the news there were some tornados.

(Wondering if the tilted earth has something to do with the weather patterns..... ???)