MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Rain day 3

This past weekend I got a lot of much need yard work done. I have a allergy to sun light and I only wanted to work on it in the mornings when it was cooler.. I wanted to be finished before today

Monday morning it rained.

Tuesday morning it rained.

This morning it was beautiful a nice 74* with a bit of a breeze so I started bright and early. I got a lot of mulberries cut down that was growing by the house and trimmed by the fence.

I heard a jet take off from the airport and was listening to it rumble off in the distance. The rumbling went on for longer than I thought it should so looked to see what was going on.

It going to rain soon.:woohoo:

If this keeps up we might have to mow the grass soon.

thats nice, it rained here some yesterday afternoon and things are cool enough to enjoy no AC and the windows open later this afternoon again. It helps the noise factor inside my place too and I prefer natural air instead anyway. So thats more pleasant too , a nice break from constant heat that came early.

Off to do chores.

We're supposed to cool off a little starting tomorrow. We'll be in the 80's instead of 90's and 100's. We have a chance of rain in the forecast for the next couple of days. The biggest chance is today at 50%.

Here's a picture of what part of our corn looks like and a picture of our creek. The corn should still be lush and green. This is NOT all our corn by any means but it's how it will all look w/o rain AND remember Iowa is NOT nearly as drought stricken as some other states.

No rain this morning but we had the dark skies, lightening and thunder.

Glad you are getting some of it.

Dee~ Those pictures are amazing. The creek reminds me of the river by my parents. I've never seen sandbars in it and they are there. My mom grew up on one of the little riverside towns and she said she's never seen that (she's in her late 60's).

Rain this morning. Crappy day at the market. :( Working on a couple of new display ideas and some marketing ones as well.

We have WAAAAAY too much JUNK!! Had a yard sale here at the house a couple weeks ago and packed about half of it back into the garage. This week? The darn cars and trailer are as full as ever! My mom just keeps bringing more CRAP!!! grrrrrr :beat_deadhorse: It is exhausting unloading and setting up and tearing down and loading every week. I just don't get her adding more and more and the darn stuff don't SELL. <sigh> Can't really stop her--we set up on Monday and she goes in early on Tue (brings more *stuff*), I get there about 10 or 11 after doing chores and milking. Same on Wed--more *stuff* in the morning. It got so bad a couple weeks ago, that we almost couldn't load it all back in (thus the sorting and packing in the garage). Ah well, she's my mom. Not much I can do... 'cept leave the stuff packed in my car on Wed in the garage and go *empty* the next Monday. ;)

Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL week.

:bighug2: and :kissy:

Edited by Necie