MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Mt_Rider

Whole lotta data about Cast Iron

Wish I had more time, I've got around 200 pounds of cast iron I've picked up at gunshows for $5-$10 a piece.  Just don't have time to clean it up.

• Like 2

:o  Hey.....who's that guy in the shades?  Haven't seen him around in a looooong time!  :D  How are you and yours, GP?  

I've got a fairly small cast iron round-bottom campfire kettle....3 [or 4?] legs and wire handle. Family antique.   My most interesting piece yet to be cleaned up.  I've got a couple more.  A small campfire dutch oven that I found in the creek.  The bottom first then 3 yrs later the lid.  It's kinda cleaned up but needs more work.   :campfire:   Except winter, doesn't seem like it's every SAFE enough to use a campfire here anymore.  :sigh: 

MtRider  ...wind is back but I don't think we're in the Jet Stream.  Fires popping up all over CO.  :pray: 

• Like 1

I want a CI wok.  Found one on Amazon but the reviews are horrible.

Just been really busy.  Some FB posts by Madison reminded me I haven't been here in a while.

Trying to raise quail - not technically for food or eggs, but to release once they figure this is "home" so they can do bug control.

8 hours ago, Gunplumber said:

Wish I had more time, I've got around 200 pounds of cast iron I've picked up at gunshows for $5-$10 a piece.  Just don't have time to clean it up.

Maybe we could help. I thoroughly enjoy restoring cast iron.   Ohhh, I’d enjoy a CI wok too. My stainless steel one is amazing, but still. Bad reviews are usually because they don’t know exactly how to take care of it.

Holy Hannah, look what the cat dragged in. Great to see you again Gunplumber!  :hi:

Hang onto that cast iron. Someday you will have time for it and will be glad to have it. It isn't going anywhere. It'll wait for you. I wish I had my grandma's old skillet.

Welcome back. Glad you are doing well. Don't be a stranger.

Quail for bug control.....that sounds good.  My friend in MO has ticks and other particularly undesirable bugs and she keeps just a few chicken hens. Benefit of eggs/meat and bug control.  The butcher after the bug season is past...winter....which you might not have. 

MtRider  :pc_coffee: 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.