MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday - terrible or terrific?

Just wondering how your day is going. Good? Bad? The "usual"?

Yesterday I got into the car to run an errand. *BING BING BING* - the idiot light on the dashboard was showing a brake problem. :o Last year my rear brake line sprung a leak *just* as I neared my house. This year the other side went out. The car's older than our youngest DD, fer petes sake! :( (1994)

So I limped it into the shop. It needed an oil change, anyway. I sat there for an hour crocheting before they told me the ball joint was bad and if they fixed it, it will take a lot longer. I called DH, he said go ahead. So they gave me a loaner car & I was to pick mine up later.

On the way home I stopped in to pick up my Serger sewing machine that I inherited from Mom. I had it cleaned, and somehow the foot pedal never made it out with it (probably buried somewhere in Sis's garage), so I had to buy a replacement. I thought the total bill would be $50, but it ended up being $105. :o 2001, like new now, but I have *no idea* how to use it!

Unfortunately the last local sewing supply shop where I had it cleaned & serviced is going out of business. She will give me a free class on how to use it, but it's on the *one* day I have all-day plans. :( Now I have to figure out what the heck I need to do.

By the time DH made it home at 4, the shop called and said they wouldn't have my car done till today. And DH reminded me that three months ago the guy said the tie rod end on that side was going out. So is it that or the ball joint? If they fix one, will the other go out? Did they goof up, misdiagnose, or lie? We've always thought we could trust them, because DH could verify himself what they said is needed. I'm hoping it'll all work out well.

I cleaned out some kitchen cupboards that haven't been touched in ages! It's a GREAT feeling to see them all cleaned! :happy0203: Ulterior motive - clean them out and keep them relatively empty in preparation for replacement. *maybe* *IF* :pray:

BigDD called and says she's sick, and might need a nap this afternoon if we could come help. It sounds like she has the bug DH got last week - chills, fever, tummy problems, diarrhea, but she hasn't had the last bit. Her DH just thinks it's the pregnancy; he doesn't ever have much patience for any illnesses. (And YEAH, like I want THAT bug going through our home again! :shakinghead: ) I asked her to call again around noon, 'cause I have a lot on my plate today anyway. And she might just call her DH home. He wouldn't mind that.

I'm having trouble getting lilDD out of bed these days. She's GOT to get back on a school-time schedule. I've let her sleep in & stay up late. <_<

I thawed out a huge roast from the freezer, and I have to cook it today. It'll feed us for quite a few meals! And I'll probably end up freezing some for later. I had forgotten about it. :buttercup:

I'm getting 3-4 eggs each day. It's kind of fun. :) Gonna have to start figuring out how to best use them; they're piling up in the refrigerator!

Soooooo, how's your day?

Morning,

Sounds like you are having an adventurous day, Cat. Hope all works out well for you and the flu does not contaminate your household again. My PU is a 1990, it has had some issues, but we try to keep up with the maintenance. Not sure if I want any of those new fangled cars, somehow they all look the same, we certainly do not need the car payments/insurance/registration costs.

Yesterday was our dive/exercise/get-away day. I found a few trout swimming around and the little bass I caught and released a couple of weeks ago. Too small to pan fry, so I am letting it grow up more. :ph34r:

We swam down the river and found an Olympus Stylus waterproof 10mp camera, the pictures on it were of an iron man event earlier in the year. Two towels, a pair of nike shorts, a few drinks (Monster and 2 pepsi - we left those on the bank for the 1,000's of passerby's, because neither of us will drink them.), a knife, 6 pair of sunglasses $.26 cents, an extra large Jack Links teriyaki beef stake. Quick energy for the 1 mile walk back to the vehicle.

We got back to 'our spot', rigged up the poles and fished a bit. I caught the little bass and DH named him "Fishstick". LOL I let the little thing go, again. The trout were being elusive, my reaction to their light tap-tap-tap was not enough to stop them from cleaning the worm off my hook. We've caught 130 trout in that spot this year since fish and game stocked the river back in May. Most of the trout are gone now and only a few remain. In the whole area we dive, I have counted maybe a dozen left.

In the afternoon, the sheriff went by on their air boat, churning up the water and blasting us with spray from the boats large fan, as they maneuvered around the massive rocks in the bend of the river where we sit. Then, 15 minutes later came back down the river. A few years back, one of their boats, hit the rocks and scored the bottom. :sHa_sarcasticlol: Maybe I should not laugh, but geeeezzzzz, Really? You can see the rocks!

At 'our spot', we see people completely oblivious to their surroundings. When they get within 3 foot of the rocks they start screaming/screeching and no one ever bothers to paddle. They scrape their bottoms on the rocks and we hear unlimited comments about their "bum". :sHa_sarcasticlol: We actually heard that expression used this year when a group of British folks passed by.

A couple of horses came by around noon, looked like a mare and a yearling colt from what I had a chance to see. Many of the groups of people that passed around that time, said they saw the herd. Darn powers that be, say the horses are trespassing. They are native wild horses that live on the indian reservation and are in the area for the water. From what I hear, they are darting them with birth control, herding them up to cull them and the horse thieves are out there stealing them. :beat_deadhorse: <---- bad smilie choice, :cheeky-smiley-067:

I wish they would leave them alone. Those animals do not hurt the environment there, the people do.

DH got a light case of heat exhaustion, he is ok now, but I will keep a closer eye on him, since I deal with it regularly. The forecast has us in an excessive heat warning until tomorrow, 115+ and some humidity, so I am watering the garden to try to keep the plants alive.

Staying out of the heat is my biggest priority today. Hopefully, the humidity will bring evening showers. (I can hope.)

Well its going ok, trying to get all bills paid for the month. Friday I set up online banking and I think I got my phone service with bank done, and I wrote down all the ID user stuff and PW stuff........... and Ive been sorting through alllllllll my papers , new check book even cuase I had to set up that too , checked my wallet...... where in heck did I put that note???????

I am sitting contemplating pizza..... I have not had pizza in so long and a med or large meaty cheesy pizza would carry me over til Thursday when I can go shopping for the month. If I go get one after getting cleaned up first..... since I was watching Olympics first thing today then got into this bill and banking stuff....... and now Im just hitting a blank wall in my head about the banking information I need to use online and on the phone with them........ ugh. memory recall problems absolutely suck. I looked through all the notepads right around my little desk and went through all the stuff that was written on them...... ITS NOT THERE either.

It is somewhat embarrassing. I thought I had that all done, now I have to repeat some if not all with being talked through it..... change to a new bank after being used to another is frustrating when its goofed up in my head so easily. :banghead::ashamed0002::shakinghead:

Yes, Pizza and root beer are the answer! :band:

Edited by arby

Take heart Arby, you aren't alone. Doing things a new way or differently can throw me off too. Sometimes even the most simple things can confound me. I usually tell whomever is trying to walk me through something that I'm not being stubborn or contrary...I'm just not getting it. That usually helps slow them down.

I'm not that stupid. I just like things to stay the same way especially when they aren't broken. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Sometimes I wake up and pray, "God, please don't teach me anything new today." I'm still trying to catch up from yesterday. :icon19:

LOL, well I had some nice help from the phone lady at the bank to get all this set, I just cant find what I wrote down so I could study it for a while til I had it memorized! Probably going to have to start all over! Just not up to that at the moment. LOL. But I have other things I can do today, and I just got back. Had to get frozen pizza though, lol..... and some vitamin water cause it was on sale. Pizza place is at the fair this week evidently.....

I also now realize for sure I have a gum infection but its right over the bicuspid so I can get some hot water and a clean cloth and apply it several times a day and can probably drain it with sterile needle later.... been having aggravation in mouth tissues for a few days and confirmed it now. I will try this first , heat application and see how that helps. ER PA said that if I can do that to do it first, and if it helps good, if it doesnt, then come in to be seen for antibiotics. This spot is readily accessible ..... but I need a meal first .

Will check back later.

I am relaxing on the forum for a bit. I need to get our books caught up too, as our year end is fast approaching. One bill entered counts as a start for me today. My mind is sifting over the excitement of going to the gathering.

The roof is being replaced on the church that we attend so I made a cake to send along with dh when he went to help with that work. I have dishes, and a couple of loads of laundry done and the roomba is vacuming. I like that! The floors need mopping and we are to go into the city for my dog obedience class later this evening.

I laughed when I signed up for that. The sign outside the shop said, "Training at both ends of the Leash". We have a new rescue dog, a cocker spaniel cross, and have been very fortunate with him. He is really good, doesn't even take notice of the cats, but does have separation anxiety, and howls if he is left alone. That may be not so bad on the farm but we don't want him doing that when we leave him alone in the camper trailer. He seems to have taken a liking to dh and dh to him, although dh didn't want any more bleep bleep dogs......

I need to finalize our plans for Atlanta, and then get more caught up this week as we are helping our sister-in-law move on the week end. Dh will be full into getting ready for harvest after that. I always say that when the summer exhibition has been and gone it is winter. The fair ended yesterday!

Left the dairy at noon today and did some housework. Now I am relaxing with a big glass of water outside in the 100 degree heat. Tomorrow I am taking the 2 schnauzers to get the hair out of their ears, glands expressed and toenails cut. For 1 dollar more apiece they get a bath so that will definitely happen! I'll do my shopping while they have their tubby.

Cat, I am gad you have chickens again. I must have been out of here when that happened.

Have a great day!

At work they changed a process so we are working 12 hours a day to work the bugs out. :(

Today was my turn to go home when 2nd shift started. :)

As soon as I got home I had to take DD1 to work and Son to the bank. :(

We went in to Goodwill and they had 40% off on clothes. Got Son some T shirts and DD2 shirts and 2 pairs of jeans.:)

Was rushing to get DD1 form work, dropped DD2 and Son off on the way home only to find DD1 got a ride home from someone else. :)

Took my shoes off got comfy and DD1 told me she need to pick up a prescription. :(

Next month she gets her drivers license so she can do her own running. :)

She will have to borrow my car.:(