MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AMarthaByHeart

Be Anxious For Nothing

I have been on very little this summer as we have been moving to a new location, all unplanned. DH came in one day early June and said it is time to move. I nearly passed out because he wouldn't even talk about this. Long story short (maybe), we found a location to our liking close to friends and a lake. I started claiming and standing on this verse as I felt the Lord had impressed me . He knows me better than I know myself. I want everything done yesterday and for it to go as I had planned. Our plans were to take our time and try and be moved by November. Well, the Lord had different plans.

Philippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

SO

1. Made offer on 4 lots at half of asking price. (Be anxious for nothing...) He took it.

There was a old trailer on it that had been redone so we could stay there while preparing the land, then it would be used as storage and as an extra bedroom when needed.

2.Started moving all of garage preps, storage building preps, and what was in house. I was startled at what there was. Took a while but had help of friends, sons, and grandkids. Bad thing about it was now they know what we have. ((be anxious for nothing...)

3. Met neighbors and they are like minded people, canning, freezing, etc. preparing for hard times according to 92 year old grandma. (saying the Lord is our strength because we are to be anxious for nothing...)

4. Got electricity, water, pad for home in two weeks time span after being told it would probably take a month (Be anxious for nothing...)

5. Septic system was suppose to be aerobic but after testing distance from water, ground condition, rock content we could have regular septic at 1/3 the cost. So by the end of the third week we had septic. Passed inspection by state with flying colors at the end of fourth week. (Be anxious for nothing...)

6. Found new double wide in a close out just a few thousand more that the repossessed 1996 home we were looking at. (Be anxious for nothing...)

7. Wanted large garden tub taken out -needed storage cabinets worse than a tub, found man who as putting up skirting on home would do it for very little. Got cabinets on sale plus 20% more off at Home Depot (Be anxious for nothing...)

8. Needed steps built so could be used with a walker--church friend of septic man-did them for a very reasonable price, steps that came with home too steep for me with my knees. (Be anxious for nothing...)

9. Needed more storage so business we had bought our storage building from where we lived told us instead of buying a new one, he would move ours to new location for less than $400. (Be anxious for nothing...)

10. We were going to use pickups and trailers to move us. Out of clear blue,I felt led to call U-haul. They had a special that weekend for a 22 ft. truck for $108.00 if we returned it back to them instead of where we were moving. Son who lived there drove it for us and returned it back costing only $53.00 in gas. It would have cost a lot more in gas for 5 pickups. (Be anxious for nothing...)

11. Gandsons starting football August 1 so we moved third weekend in July because sons 'encouraged' us to move then so we would have lots of help since we are "getting up there"-68 & 62. Admitting, it was harder than 8 years ago. We sure aren't in as good of shape. We were all sore, hot, sweaty,and tired but no one got hurt and only a little torn piece of linoleum in the utility room. Praise God that was all. A friend who knows me well kicked in helping to make decisions when I needed to be in several places at once.With her grandkids and mine-7 of them- their dads and grandads we had everything out of truck in less than three hours, beds up, and boxes in rooms stacked waiting for me to put it up. No tempers flared and all relaxed over chicken and dumplings and chicken and spagetti. The final move went really smooth. Kids even got to go swimming all afternoon and play some basketball. (Be anxious for nothing ..)

12. No TV or computer until middle of August but this was a blessing as I learned we really could do without it at least for a little while. It was harder than I thought it would be. But it allowed me more time with the Lord and to put stuff up (Be anxious for nothing...)

13.Now big garage sale this weekend if it is not raining--which is badly needed. So (Be anxious for nothing...)

14. Now we need to desperately need to sell our home at a fair and reasonable price. (Be anxious for nothing....)***************************PRAYER REQUEST

It almost seems as if there was an urgency for us to get this done. It sure isn't November but at least it is over. We are at peace with our decision and know that God's hand has been in this all along. Without HIM , we would have been basket cases but now I have really learned that there is so much truth in trusting HIM totally. When I would start losing my peace, I would start quoting this among other verses and it would always work out according to HIM even surprising us at times. HE is faithful and true never leaving us nor forsaking us. For a worrier, this has been a good lesson. May I always remember this. God bless.

Philippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Edited by AMarthaByHeart

What a blessing for you, and an encouragement to us.

An awesome testimony to the power and goodness of God! Thank you for sharing it with us. Glad everything went well and I'll be praying about the other issues.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I think that this is the message that I needed to receive today. In fact, I am sure of it!

Be anxious for nothing... That will be my new mantra.

Exciting story.... Great move! I both dread and hope for a move for us. But...waiting on His timing. ['be anxious for nothing'...indeed!]

MtRider :amen:

Thank you for sharing! God is so good!

Loved reading this....worry is my shortcoming!!! I work on it daily!!!

Beautiful testimony and a good reminder!

Praying for the old home to sell fast. :pray:

Thanks you for the encouraging words. This is why I missed you guys while I was away. Oh, what perilous times we are living in. Our heavenly Father is our Rock.

Thanks for the prayers for home to sell. Realtor said in our price range ($75,000-$200,000) that people are having trouble getting loans approved. Money is tighter its seems.

Now for prayer for those in the path of Isaac............May God protect each of you as you walk through this. Psalm 91 is needed.