MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Grandma is in hospital

My prayers are with you and your family for strength and acceptance whatever happens, if not a cure. Grandma sounds like she is one special lady and very brave.

Thanks guys :grouphug:

We found out yesterday the brain scan came back normal! We did have a scare though. Dad went to her appt with her, and all of a sudden they're talking about how it's worse in her left lung (biopsy was on right) and how it's gone into her collar bone and into the muscle and lymph nodes. This was all a shock, because the same dr. didn't say this before. Well, Grandma gets a call last night from the dr. saying that he read the wrong scans!!!:tapfoot:

Although the diagnosis is still the same, it isn't as bad as this other woman's scan he was looking at. Talk about some confusion! It's still the same, with spots in each lung, one in liver, and (i just found out one near her trachea). But hearing someone else's worse diagnosis oddly enough can comfort you knowing that it's not as bad as it could be...

Scary thing is, she starts chemo Wednesday. What if he didn't catch it before then? :gaah: He said he is changing some of the medicines and she won't get as sick on these as the ones he originally prescribed (for the other woman's cancer)

:wacko: It's been a crazy last couple weeks! Ok, Well, I gotta finish getting ready for work. :sleep1: lol

Edited by Nichole

sometimes, I swear, those docs cam make you crazy! But I am oddly heartened by the knowledge that it is not as bad as it could have been. That poor other woman. Im still keeping all of you in my prayers.