MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

You May Now Address Me as "Dr"

Hello everyone.

Well, it's official, the dissertation is DONE. I turned it in on Friday. Now, I'm awaiting all the offices to clear me and I will have transcripts. Do you hear that? It's the angels singing. :)

And on the heels of this wonderful celebration, my mom fell. She says she's 'sore' but won't let me take her into the doctor. I can't argue with her, so the new guardian gets to. Speaking of, the new guardian is appointed on the 21st of this month. I will be working with her quite closely, for she's not about 'taking over' but making good decisions.

Dad has a court date this week...they decide whether or not his case is going to trial. I have a very strong suspicion things are going to head south very soon.

And finally, my car, the little puttputt that's lasted 12 years has begun the death rattle. It has 236,000 miles on an engine designed for half that. Yet another chore for the week.

Hugs to all!

Congratulations!!!!

Congrats on your HUGE accomplishment! :darlenedance: I remember watching my sis-in-law go through it! She has her doctorate in education also! Went straight from being a Kindergarden teacher to Principal of 2 schools, with some district wide responsibilities. Boy were some of the teachers ticked! Could be worse, she could end up being their superintendent instead! :008Laughing:

I KNOW it was a lot of work for you! Congratulations on a job well done!