MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

MONDAY...thought I had the sinus/allergy problem under control but woke up this morning with vertigo like you wouldn't believe!!! Called family doc's office and nurse told me to get OTC generic for antivert (used in dramamine, motion sickness etc.). I have appt. with my lady gyn tomorrow so I'll run all this by her also. This is the first time I've been to her, so I'm a bit "antsy". Family doc wants me to start seeing a gyn because of my age and being "in tact" and having some hormone imbalances going on. Got a HUGE blessing today though...sold my collapsible bike a couple of weeks ago & kept the money to go towards a collapsible trike. Then we added the monies we made from our open air sales to the fund. Went to camping world and they had the trike on sale for only $50 more than what I sold my 2 wheel bike for! PTL! That leaves us a nice "donation" to our winter RV fund. We're planning to bug out for 2 or 3 months and spend the winter where it's warmer.

Just getting the laundry under control today and baking muffins and cookies. We have been in our new home in a small town since mid march and its been such a roller coaster ride. Hubby has work but doesn't pay anything close to what we are use to for a family of 6 and their is just so much stuff that needs done and it all cost money somehow I have learned to just laugh it all off and go on bc most stuff cant be tackled until much later like tax return time. We tried to save money and buy a metal shed in a box bc my brother said he was going to help but now hes backed out and after buying all the anchors and foundation it would of been cheaper to just have someone deliver and install a already made wood shed grrr. We asked my parents if we helped with gas money if they would come down and help but they got mad and said no I think bc we don't live close to them to drive my mom around and I don't have the money to help them with their bills anymore so they are having to choose between bills and beer/cigs. So they haven't talked to me in about 3 weeks oh well life must go on but it does irk me bc they have a tiller at their house they said we could have bc they got a brand new one given to them but now doubt well be getting it guess that's another thing I will add to the tax return wish list. I asked my brother to till us a garden spot up with the new tiller his mom in law bought him but hes not in a helping mood hmmm you think he would be after my hubby helped him bury 3 goats and a very large dog on 4th of july that supposedly died of worms not exactly what you want to be doing on a hot afternoon especially when its not your pretend farm. Guess the world doesn't work in the scratch my back ill scratch yours way that I was taught growing up but Im beginning to learn nothing I was taught was right or they just don't believe in it any more. Sorry for ranting just so many things changing lately and a lot seem crazy lol. Sometimes I wish there was a Mrs Survival town I could move to with like minded people.

Just getting the laundry under control today and baking muffins and cookies. We have been in our new home in a small town since mid march and its been such a roller coaster ride. Hubby has work but doesn't pay anything close to what we are use to for a family of 6 and their is just so much stuff that needs done and it all cost money somehow I have learned to just laugh it all off and go on bc most stuff cant be tackled until much later like tax return time. We tried to save money and buy a metal shed in a box bc my brother said he was going to help but now hes backed out and after buying all the anchors and foundation it would of been cheaper to just have someone deliver and install a already made wood shed grrr. We asked my parents if we helped with gas money if they would come down and help but they got mad and said no I think bc we don't live close to them to drive my mom around and I don't have the money to help them with their bills anymore so they are having to choose between bills and beer/cigs. So they haven't talked to me in about 3 weeks oh well life must go on but it does irk me bc they have a tiller at their house they said we could have bc they got a brand new one given to them but now doubt well be getting it guess that's another thing I will add to the tax return wish list. I asked my brother to till us a garden spot up with the new tiller his mom in law bought him but hes not in a helping mood hmmm you think he would be after my hubby helped him bury 3 goats and a very large dog on 4th of july that supposedly died of worms not exactly what you want to be doing on a hot afternoon especially when its not your pretend farm. Guess the world doesn't work in the scratch my back ill scratch yours way that I was taught growing up but Im beginning to learn nothing I was taught was right or they just don't believe in it any more. Sorry for ranting just so many things changing lately and a lot seem crazy lol. Sometimes I wish there was a Mrs Survival town I could move to with like minded people.

We've been watching several of the PBS series on people who took on homesteading adventures. One of the things that we noticed throughout (even though they're different states, different peoples & different backgrounds) is that everyone thought it would be a "community" and found that it was a hard thing to work towards...if it worked at all. We discussed how this would be in a SHTF situation & people who "thought" it would work to have a community might just find themselves in a very unpleasant atmosphere. You're finding out (sounds like) that some people just don't really care about anything but themselves. Hugs...

Philbe, I hope you're feeling better soon!

fishermanwife, I've been there. :hug3: Although it's tough, sometimes it's better to find out who you can really count on before it's an emergency and you're let down.

I went to the dentist this week to get that missing filling taken care of. God heard our prayers and answered them! I didn't even have to have an x-ray or any drilling. They (thankfully, necessarily) did numb me up, though. They're thinking the last one didn't hold because of blood from my gums when they drilled. They didn't even risk the numbing gel (you should have seen me when they told me that--What you're going to stick me with a needle and I'll feel it!?!) They gave me a stress-ball to squeeze and I thought I was going to pop it. My mouth is feeling much better and I'm able to chew now. :hapydancsmil: That's good because I need to be eating-- my tummy is getting more rounder and someone in there is "tapping" a little more. :)

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary

Mrs.Survivaltown, USA...sounds like a new forum coming up!?

• 2 weeks later...

TUESDAY...Trying out an "experimental" bread recipe for a "low gluten" bread in my bread machine. Sort of "winged" it so it will be interesting :-) Mountain Man's been having some issues again with his right foot. First had a bout with planters faciatus (?) and now it appears that he may have a gouty big toe :-( I called our primary doc and he's got an appt. this afteroon to have it looked at. Money's really tight right now so he's reluctant to go just any time. We did however get a "reward" (if that's what you want to call it) by receiving a money order from our prosecutor's office after the guy who broke into our home here was sentenced and he had to make restitution for damaging the side door & for materials to repair & secure it. That will help with MM's doctor's visit etc. I'm slowly recovering from the sinus/allergy infection that wanted to settle in my ears. Couldn't even roll over in bed without the room going into a spin. Made me feel like I was falling out of bed...aweful! The rest of me is recovering too. Seems I've had quite a year with challenges to my health. Then mother called a day or so ago to inform me that she had let her driver's license expire...a year and a half ago! She's been driving around like that and having son drive her, without being a legally licensed driver! Checked today and she went to her insurance company and put son on as secondary so he's okay to drive her. I asked her if she went by license bureau to pick up a book to study..."oh I know all that. I'll just talk to the lady who knows me and she'll tell them to give me whatever I want". Guess we'll find out in a day or two how much of the book she knows and whether she can pass the actual driving exam. Not going to borrow tomorrows woes, we'll just wait and see. Got enough today to take care of. Going to plan a yard sale at the homestead instead of loading up to go to the open air market. We have some larger furniture items that we need to get sold. Tomorrow's another day!

Around here if you let your license expire for so long, you have to take the driving test over again. I don't know how long that is though. And if you miss getting them renewed by even one day it's a $20.00 extra fee.

You might want to check out this site when you feel up to it. I've known 2 people who have had it and their symptoms sound very similar to yours. It's pronounced men-EARS...I think. :hug3:

https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/balance/pages/meniere.aspx

Around here if you let your license expire for so long, you have to take the driving test over again. I don't know how long that is though. And if you miss getting them renewed by even one day it's a $20.00 extra fee.

You might want to check out this site when you feel up to it. I've known 2 people who have had it and their symptoms sound very similar to yours. It's pronounced men-EARS...I think. :hug3:

https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/balance/pages/meniere.aspx

Thanks Jeeps! I'm already taking the motion sickness tabs plus Caritin-D Saw primary care md & he checked ears & said they look good, and to stay on the meclizine & claritin-d. Scheduled to see my gyn 10-7....

Wow life sure has taken over with school,softball, baseball, and football. Around 7pm on the 8th my youngest (3) started gaging and we noticed his tongue was swelling so gave him Benadryl and took him to ER after waiting 2 hrs it went down some and they didn't do anything for him just said watch him and push fluids and Benadryl. Kids put dog out Monday morning before school (730)and I went to water her around 11am and she was dead I had to have hubby come home and deal with her bc I was worried that what happened to the dog and baby might be related but after a few days Ollie got better, Thank God! On the 13th trent(6) came home early with a tummy ache but later that night said his groin/scrotum was hurting so we looked and he was Very swollen so again we went to ER where after 4 hrs they sent us home with an "Ant bite" grrr. Saturday morning he was still in pain and swollen so I called across the state line to a hospital in Ft Smith and they take our ins so we drove over there where we had no wait in the ER and they did an ultrasound and said he has epididymitis probably caused from an injury such as bicycle which he just got a new big boy one or a urinary tract infection so with some ibprophen and antibiotics he should be better in a few days. whew is it nap time yet lol so ready for life to settle down. Well off to clean up the mess I made in the kitchen when I started to rearrange yesterday and the laundy pile looks like 3 loads left 2 which are blankets/towels so hopefully today will go smoothly.

Wow life sure has taken over with school,softball, baseball, and football. Around 7pm on the 8th my youngest (3) started gaging and we noticed his tongue was swelling so gave him Benadryl and took him to ER after waiting 2 hrs it went down some and they didn't do anything for him just said watch him and push fluids and Benadryl. Kids put dog out Monday morning before school (730)and I went to water her around 11am and she was dead I had to have hubby come home and deal with her bc I was worried that what happened to the dog and baby might be related but after a few days Ollie got better, Thank God! On the 13th trent(6) came home early with a tummy ache but later that night said his groin/scrotum was hurting so we looked and he was Very swollen so again we went to ER where after 4 hrs they sent us home with an "Ant bite" grrr. Saturday morning he was still in pain and swollen so I called across the state line to a hospital in Ft Smith and they take our ins so we drove over there where we had no wait in the ER and they did an ultrasound and said he has epididymitis probably caused from an injury such as bicycle which he just got a new big boy one or a urinary tract infection so with some ibprophen and antibiotics he should be better in a few days. whew is it nap time yet lol so ready for life to settle down. Well off to clean up the mess I made in the kitchen when I started to rearrange yesterday and the laundy pile looks like 3 loads left 2 which are blankets/towels so hopefully today will go smoothly.

Hugs to you...sounds like your family's having it's share of health challenges! Although we live in an area with a major hospital, we also have several "emergency clinics" throughout that serve after hours etc. A friend traveling from CO a year or so ago became very ill on the plane, and she was able to drive him to one of those clinics & they stablized him so they could travel the additional 100 miles home. Glad you found a place to help you!

TUESDAY: The nurse from the GYN's office called and they're wanting me to see a surgeon to take a look at the umbilical hernia on my tummy. It's been there for several years and primary doc hasn't seen any reason to be concerned, but gyn says it could go bad very quickly. I'll be calling primary care physician to see what he thinks...grrrr! Again, I'm so very tired of not feeling well! But, I guess it's best to get these things taken care of (that could be life threatening) in an emergency situation.

It's been raining here most of day, so haven't needed to water the garden. It'll probably make the veggies grow big time! Baked a loaf of my gluten free bread today. Used just about the last of it for our lunch sandwiches. My recipe is about the only one MM likes, and some friends who struggle with gluten also like it and plan to try to make it. The recipe is for a bread machine but I prefer to just use my food processer & put it in my big loaf pan and bake it myself when it's risen.

Cooked up the last of the raw carrots I picked, for supper. Pretty tastey! Along with a baked potato, a chicken bread, and some cherry tomatoes (of course!).

WEDNESDAY: Talked to primary physician's RN and she said she'd talk with him, but that usually umbilical hernia's don't get very large and don't cause any problems. Said "if you are concerned about it" then call "so & so surgeon" and let him take a look and decide if it warrants any surgery. So, I'm going to discuss it with MM and see what he thinks. He had one surgically repaired many years ago, but...he's a retired builder/contractor and did alot of very heavy lifting.