MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

My beagle had quite a few issues with her ears too. Most floppy-eared dogs do. She also had allergies to grass but mostly in the spring and fall. Her belly would get red and itchy. We had to give her a round of steroid pills and both stomach and ears cleared up within a couple of days. Although we had to keep up with the med for a couple of weeks and slowly wean her off of them.

Her vet (when we lived in Indiana) made up a solution for her ears that I used about once a week for preventative care. Wish I knew what it was. It was good stuff. Her vet here in Ohio called him and got the formula so she could use it here as nothing else worked as well.

She always got better care than I. $$$

My beagle had quite a few issues with her ears too. Most floppy-eared dogs do. She also had allergies to grass but mostly in the spring and fall. Her belly would get red and itchy. We had to give her a round of steroid pills and both stomach and ears cleared up within a couple of days. Although we had to keep up with the med for a couple of weeks and slowly wean her off of them.

Her vet (when we lived in Indiana) made up a solution for her ears that I used about once a week for preventative care. Wish I knew what it was. It was good stuff. Her vet here in Ohio called him and got the formula so she could use it here as nothing else worked as well.

She always got better care than I. $$$

If you find the "recipe" for the ear wash etc., howsa 'bout lettin' Philbe know!? LOL

THURSDAY...Long rainy, stormy day so kept computers pretty much off "just in case". Did get some laundry done etc., but tried to stay alert with radio on and not get distracted by chores etc. Everything went either north or south of us, so hope everybody was alert also. Mom's doing pretty good (in hospital again with COPD/pneumonia) and will probably be there until Monday. Son took her up to the hospital & then called me to tell me they were there. Was so glad to have him there & able to load her up instead of having to wait for me to drive there. Glad it's Thursday and the end of Mtn.Man's work week. He stopped yesterday at $Tree and found the bell pepper/onion mixes again so he came home loaded for bear! Said cashier commented "looks like somebody enjoys stir fry!" His comment "we never know when you'll have them in, so when you do, we stock up". Looks like I'll put another 6+ trays on the dehydrator Monday. I don't want to put them on if I'm not here now and then to check on them. Abby's doing pretty good, a little groggy taking the allergy tabs but she'll probably get accustomed to it before long since she'll be taking them daily throughout the summer...May, June, July & August vet seems to think.

FRIDAY...Made a day trip to Mennonite Lands to stock up on some items I use alot of and wanted larger bottles & bags etc. Saw the late afternoon storm moving in (and saw all the customers in the store leave) so turned on the van radio & knew pretty much where it was headed so we drove due south and saw our "Moses Path" so high tailed it into it & headed for home before the 2nd one followed behind the first one. All the creeks, streams, ponds etc. are so far out of their banks...and raging with tons of debri. Hopefully people won't try to cross low-water crossings etc. So many are drowned each year because they just won't listen to the warnings! While putting things away into the pantry I managed to bump into my stove which pushed me off balance, and when I realized I couldn't regain my balance I turned so I'd go bottom down instead of hands or ??? first. Hurt like the dickens, already bruising on my left arm, but nothing broken. Grabbed the bottle of Aleve 'cause I know I'll be needin' it before the nights over! Just a reminder of how innocently accidents can happen and when you're over 65 you have to be extremely careful of falling accidents. That's why I quit wearing heeled shoes several years ago. Even my cowboy boots are low heeled. Abby's doing very well except a bit drowsy in the am's after she first takes her Zyrtec. No problem, we're enjoying her having a little less energy!

SATURDAY...Finished up getting everything re-packaged etc. from our shopping. MM looked at the items and said "where are we going to put all this?" I told him "right where it came from"...because we had been eating from our pantry for 2 months and I was only replacing what we'd used...LOL EXCEPT for the bucket items we bought in Mennonite Lands. But got everything re-packed in myar bags or vacume sealed in "tubes" and in buckets with gamma lids. Love those lids because I can get in and out of the bucket, pull a "tube" of ??? and just shut it back up. I don't like the idea of just dumping a bunch of beans, rice, oats etc., into a 5-gallon mylar lined bucket & sealing it up. If I want in it, I don't want to expose the whole bucket to the elements whatever they may be. I really like the idea that BexarPrepper has of filling clean white men's socks (cheap) with rice so it doesn't puncture you bag and then putting it in a mylar bag with oxygen absorbers or vacume sealing it. We bought another 25# of rice so I'm going to try that method & then put the "tubes" in a bucket etc. Checked on the garden and had to re-stand some of the taller corn & re-route the tomato plants back into the trellis because the storm moved things around a bit, but no damage. Today was a beautiful day with intermittent clouds coming & going, temps in mid 60's. Made another trip to Menard's and they had the food safe buckets & more gamma lids in stock so we bought ten more of each. It's alot easier & cheaper to fill & stack buckets than buy shelving units and can organizers. Besides, if we need to leave in an emergency, it's easy enough to throw buckets around & not worry alot about damaging product. Also plan to put together "specialty" buckets to also take for personal care, toilet needs, medical needs, doggie needs and other various things a person would need if they had to suddenly leave their home in an emergency for a short length of time.

Trying to recover from a mild anxiety attack, trying to do some little projects round the house today like putting a shelf above the washer the baby was sleeping and older kids playing out in the sunshine when the Tornado siren BLOWS! Oh my gosh it was nice outside so we weren't expecting bad weather we get out in the van and it stops hmmm.... call my brother and nobody in the last 2 months since moving to this town has anyone bothered to tell us that they also use the siren to call the volunteer firemen in to work Grrrrrr. My brother says there is a difference in the tone or pattern of the siren but we are so close to it less than a block away from the pole that its just a blaring, deafening, heart pounding sound that you cant tell the difference. Needless to say the baby wasn't sleeping anymore and when we got back inside we just sat shaking and I just cried with him lol sounds so stupid now but I hate that sound and how it makes my heart start going. Hope everyone had a great day think I'm going to find some chocolate lol and then try and get some sleep.

MONDAY...For some reason me's got those "down in the dumps" feelings today. Perhaps it's just a plain old pitty party, but they're sure hard to shake sometimes. Mom's out of the hospital today & son was able to go get her and run her around for her meds. It's such a blessing to have him living above her and able to do those things...especially taking her 2 dogs out during the day & evenings etc. Last time I received a pretty nice dog bite because of her youngest dog. With son living upstairs & spending time on the porch with Mom etc., they're used to him. Going to load up weed eater & take care of weeds at the Little House plus try to cut up more limbs etc. That place does indeed give me the "down in the dumps" feelings. The city there tagged the door because of the old camper. We know the biggest reason is because the local banker (this is a teeeeeny tiny town) has tried to buy the Little House several times (trying to steal it) and he's been told he can't afford it. I'm sure he's not happy about that and is looking for ways to make it hard for us. This happened once before also. What harm is a camper if it's just setting in your own yard. There's no broken windows, there's no smells, just an older camper that can't be licensed because it won't won't start & therefore won't pass inspection. Guess we'll end up just removing the valuable parts like the stove/oven, the frig, the sink, the brand new front seats etc., and then sell it for scrap. Abby's ear looks great. When I used a baby wipe to clean it this morning before I put her ear drops in, it came out nearly clean. Was getting lots of nasty stuff on the other mornings. The Zyrtec (generics) tabs have nearly stopped her wheezy attacks but they do make her a bit drowsy. BUT, she's better and that's what counts. Gotta go get some laundry out of the washer and the dryer and attack it again. Also need to empty dishwasher.

PS...Mtn.Man got the yard weeds knocked down at Little House but didn't do any spraying. Will have to do that perhaps in a day or two when we decide to drive back there. Feeling a bit better emotionally/mentally. Just not sure what had me feeling so gloomy. Sometimes feelings of "doom" are God's way of letting us sense something is amiss that we need to pray for. So, I'm praying for anyone who is feeling sad & lonely.

Edited by Philbe

FRIDAY...Seems like I've been constantly busy but not accomplishing much...??? Had planned to take a motorcycle ride today but the battery threw in the towel so we had to go get a new battery. We keep the motorcycle as our very last & desperate BOV so it must start and run. We removed the saddlebags for the time being and only have the big backpack, but we'll put them back on later. We'll just pack them full of the stuff we'd need to primitive camp. Abby's ear is great looking but we'll keep giving her the meds until they're gone & she goes back next week for her check up. Quit giving her the allergy tabs. They just seemed to make her "dull". We'll watch her and see how the sneezing etc. goes. Perhaps just giving them to her once in awhile or perhaps in smaller doses. We'll just see. At least now we know what we can use and stock for her. Mtn.Man's feet are still whipping his rear...planters facities (sp.?) so we bought him a pair of Dr. Scholl's sandle-type shoes (very soft cushions on the heel etc.) and a couple pairs of inserts with gel pads on the heel for him to put in his other shoes etc. Hopefully it will help the soreness and the hobbling around like a drunk. His feet are his weakness, and always have been. He's always had to have good shoes and good inserts to prevent his feet from pronating inward etc. Garden is doing great, but I do want to get some of the dimethicus (sp?) food grade soil to sprinkle around. Planning to take a short ride tomorrow while the solar oven is cooking our meal, then we'll do some sorting in the garage. Seems like we've been trying to do that for a year (have?) or more and still haven't gotten it done. It always seems to get shoved to the back burner...like the Little House. I've made it VERY clear, after this and the pastor's church job are finished, it's OUR work that's going to get done...period!!! I know it's not his fault. When he took the job it was only supposed to be to hang new front doors and put in a new bath tub. Didn't know the dumb house's tub wasn't hooked up to anything and was draining under the house! Then it was one thing after another after another etc. But...I know lots of you have your fires to put out too! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

SATURDAY...Wend to an automotive swap meet with Mtn.Man and enjoyed the walking, sun & fresh air. Glad I had on my wide brimmed hat and sunblock though! Also glad to have the GoGirl since all they had were those portable potty bins that are aweful for women! Came home and then were faced with an aweful evening.

Learned what the feeling is when the adrenalin kicks in and you're faced with arming yourself and protecting yourself again a gang of men (7 or 8) intent on destroying your vehicle, your property and you. Mountain was attacked by them and it ended up with our shotgun being the deciding factor. At least 2 of them are in jail and their truck impounded. The rest are on the run. Only the stupid two stayed with MM racked the shotgun, the rest headed for whereabouts unknown. They were drugged up & racing up and down our alley. When MM stepped out to stop them they nearly ran him over. To make a long story short, after heated cussings the two returned with their "buddies" and threatened to knock out the windows of our truck, shoot our house up etc. They rang the back doorbell and when MM opened the door...there they were. He marched them back to the alley while I called the police. Our back neighbors called 911 and told them there's a gang trying to enter our neightbors back door. Our other neighbors were out having a BBQ and they all came running and said "this ain't happening to our neighbor" when they saw them all jump on MM. BUT...everybody headed for cover when MM got free and grabbed the shotgun from inside our back door. We took the truck over to the homestead and the shotgun is sitting (loaded) beside the bed. Friends...all the preparedness in the world won't prepare you for that moment when you REALLY know your life and property is at risk. All I can say...is be prepared for that adrenaline rush so you don't do something stupid...like open a door after you've had any kind of altercation. And...also know you're alot stronger physically than you think you are. After all was said and done, all the neighbors couldn't believe it took three of them to take MM's walking stick away from him, and none of strong enough to face down a shotgun. Will they return? Don't know...but they could, and that's what could very well happen in a SHTF situation. Right now we don't feel very safe. Hope we can get some sleep. To top the evening, our back neighbors had a lightening strike that felled a tree over their fence, blew their meter box off the side of their house and scared the witts out of all of us. We loaned them some candled and some puck lights...young couple and so unprepared. They had to send their children to the grandparents until they can make some repairs. Sort of funny right now...they're sitting in their back yard with a firepit, and the other neighbors are enjoying their outside BBQ and they're all probably talking about those "crazy old farts across the road". I guess when the BBQ'ers saw MM rack the shotgun they all clapped and said "shoot their arses...shoot 'em". Guess we found out we have some pretty good neighbors after all. The ones who came after us don't live around here, but were known by the BBQ'ers. But when it came to us and them, they stuck by us. All filled out reports in support of MM and myself. The officer didn't agree with us stepping out the door to defend ourselves, he felt we should have backed off & called the police. We told him "we did, and it took you 20 minutes to get here". Our neighbors called 911 and our son called 911 and it still took you 20 minutes to get here".

That is so scary but Mt. Man just became my new hero!

I'm so glad you two are safe and it wasn't any worse than it could have been! I'm glad you had neighbors around. That is one reason I hesitate to move to the country. Especially at my age and by myself. How did Abby react during all of this?

That is so scary but Mt. Man just became my new hero!

I'm so glad you two are safe and it wasn't any worse than it could have been! I'm glad you had neighbors around. That is one reason I hesitate to move to the country. Especially at my age and by myself. How did Abby react during all of this?

Abby-girl started raising all kinds of dickens when the door bell rang. Guess she could sense something amiss. I didn't really know what was going to happen so I gave her the command to "stay" and I went on out...we have double back door entry's so she was always standing at the 2nd back door entry when I came in to check on her. I didn't want her hurt. She's not really old enough yet (in my opnion) to do much more than just alert us with a bark. We will however now begin to train her to "seek & bite".

SUNDAY...reinterating Abby's reaction to the trespass & assault last night. Abby-girl started raising all kinds of dickens when the door bell rang. Guess she could sense something amiss. I didn't really know what was going to happen so I gave her the command to "stay" and I went on out...we have double back door entry's so she was always standing at the 2nd back door entry when I came in to check on her. I didn't want her hurt. She's not really old enough yet (in my opnion) to do much more than just alert us with a bark. We will however now begin to train her to "seek & bite". We made the decision this morning for Mtn.Man to totally retire so he called the property owner and told her he had done all the heaviest work & he was now suffering from "planter faciatius" and couldn't hardly walk without a crutch. He also told her he didn't want further injury from his wife using a 2x4 on his fanny. Wrapped within that decision we're also going to go head & sell everything, stash the cash, and live in our travel trailer until both the houses sell. It's just not worth him injury himself working so hard. One of the reasons he was able to handle those nerds was his strength. Being a builder all his live, a hiker, a mountain climber, a bicycle peddler, his strength is truly awesome. I think that's why it took 3+ to try to take him down...which they didn't really do, because he did break free from them to come to the house and get the "equalizer". We have left the truck at the homestead. Our neighbors tell us that these creeps are already out on bond and have been strutting down the alley & doing burn outs...trying to entice somebody to come out. But, we weren't home! LOL I liked CGA's suggestion about speed bumps...perhaps we'll dig some trenches and create "speed dips"? LOL Maybe knocking a hole in their oil pan, rupturing their suspension or ??? will not be worth it for them? Anyway...we'll be shutting things down here. We're been wanting to travel & this has only made that decision for us. There's not much here (other than our preps) that I can't live without. We'll move the deep freeze to the homestead garage, and install an a/c in the 16x26 storage shed for our preps. That's why we had it built in the first place. In the winter we'll add a source of heat. Going to also put an RV hookup on the garage so we'll be able to run our a/c. None of this should take a whole lot of time. I'm just asking God's grace on our income. We're planning to be "flea market" vendors. We'll travel around, buy cheap, travel again, and sell for a bit of profit. As I told MM...if you're all crippled up how are you gonna do the things we've dreamed of doing?" I think God pretty much hauled him up short though...not really me. Later friends, and prayers please!

:pray:

what little jerks those guys are! they've obviously learned nothing from their being arrested, what big brave "men" they are strutting around, doing burn outs :rolleyes: What kind of families do they come from, if they were offspring of mine, they'd be getting their rears kicked. But, momma and daddy probably bonded out their 'innocent' little boys :rolleyes: It's scary how they're trying to provoke and don't seem to care. At least you and MM have a plan for exiting the area, and have the means to have an alternative, it would be worse to have that happen and be trapped there with them.

Your frightening experience has had my mind churning, lots of notes I've been making for myself. A biggie is safety, and also cutting down debt, because things like this can happen anywhere, and debt is a huge weight and master of what we can do. You and MM have the edge over most in that respect, so that's both a lesson and huge motivator for me!

I've been thinking about this all day. It just breaks my heart that that happened to both of you. And yes, I even cried. It's just not right. To not feel safe in your own home is unthinkable. I think you did the best thing holding Abby back. They probably would have gone after her too if they had half a chance. I'm so glad all of you are physically okay but I'm sure it has done a lot of damage to your sense of security and wellbeing.

What ever you do, I don't blame you a bit. Life is too short to live at the mercy of someone who is barely human. Sending you calming prayers and huge hugs!

At our age, I would imagine they could also be charged with 'elder abuse' too. I am so angry. They should be charged with everything possible and then some.

I've been thinking about this all day. It just breaks my heart that that happened to both of you. And yes, I even cried. It's just not right. To not feel safe in your own home is unthinkable. I think you did the best thing holding Abby back. They probably would have gone after her too if they had half a chance. I'm so glad all of you are physically okay but I'm sure it has done a lot of damage to your sense of security and wellbeing.

What ever you do, I don't blame you a bit. Life is too short to live at the mercy of someone who is barely human. Sending you calming prayers and huge hugs!

At our age, I would imagine they could also be charged with 'elder abuse' too. I am so angry. They should be charged with everything possible and then some.

They were out on bond within 4 hours and walking up and down the sidewalk and alley of our place (according to neighbors) just looking for trouble I guess. We were working to clear job site of tools etc. If there's another confrontation, it will be on our terms...they'll have to come to us. And, we'll be waiting. We're walking in "situational awareness mode". We will NOT have police escort us home. We drive right into our parking area just like we own it...because we do! And the shotgun + other stuff is within a few steps from either one of us. We are going to train Abby to "BITE" and aim that bite at their backside "ball room".

I'm surprised they weren't warned that if they went back to the 'scene of the crime' after being bailed out, they would be hauled back in with no bond. That's the way it would have been here...in theory.

It sounds like you had a peaceful night? I hope things stay calm. I was a little irate (oxymoron?) for you. And scared too. I wonder what I would have done especially since I live alone. A rude awakening for sure.

Philbe--just a suggestion: Check into your state's firearms and "use of force laws". I'd hate for you and MM to have to defend yourselves and then spend years in jail.

In my state, we don't have a right to defend our property with force. So that's one thing to look at. I think Texas might be one of the few that does allow it.

Another is, even if people are doing something very, very wrong, if someone confronts them, even just to say "Hey, knock it off!" and then things escalate (to say where the confrontor has to defend themselves), the confrontor is considered the one who escalated things. Calling 911 and waiting inside for the police to arrive might be what they told you all to do because that's the law in your state. Some states don't allow for use of force outside the home. (I've heard, "wait til they're completely inside to shoot"). Some states don't even allow that.

I know that's hard to do. With our criminal neighbors and their on-going actions, these are things I try to be very aware of.

Honestly, I think the laws stink, but in our situation, I don't want me or my DH to spend the rest of our lives in prison. I hope and pray to God that we never have to defend ourselves, but if we do, we'd probably lose everything just in court and lawyer fees.

I'd let your local PD know that these people are coming back to your neighborhood. It's obviously to harass and intimidate.

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary
Philbe--just a suggestion: Check into your state's firearms and "use of force laws". I'd hate for you and MM to have to defend yourselves and then spend years in jail.

In my state, we don't have a right to defend our property with force. So that's one thing to look at. I think Texas might be one of the few that does allow it.

Another is, even if people are doing something very, very wrong, if someone confronts them, even just to say "Hey, knock it off!" and then things escalate (to say where the confrontor has to defend themselves), the confrontor is considered the one who escalated things. Calling 911 and waiting inside for the police to arrive might be what they told you all to do because that's the law in your state. Some states don't allow for use of force outside the home. (I've heard, "wait til they're completely inside to shoot"). Some states don't even allow that.

I know that's hard to do. With our criminal neighbors and their on-going actions, these are things I try to be very aware of.

Honestly, I think the laws stink, but in our situation, I don't want me or my DH to spend the rest of our lives in prison. I hope and pray to God that we never have to defend ourselves, but if we do, we'd probably lose everything just in court and lawyer fees.

I'd let your local PD know that these people are coming back to your neighborhood. It's obviously to harass and intimidate.

I'll double check, but we have the right to defend ourselves and our property at last check. Then about a year ago they were supposed to "broaden" this to include anyone who comes on to your property in a threatening manner. We've been told that the moment they entered our parking area and then rang the doorbell, we had the right to defend. But...I'll double check. When the offers asked if we had a weapon we said "yes, it's registered & sitting right inside that back door. Would you like to go look at it?" He said "no, we just want to know where it's at." Nothing more was said about our firearm.

We bought a cantaloupe (okay, really Athena melon or whatever it's called; the cantaloupes that look like a basketball) today. Since being limited to 2 fruits (pineapple and bananas; salicylate sensitivity) for over a year, this is my next food to "test". DH cut it up and I had a very small bowl. Oh, my, it was so delicious!! :yum3: If I have no reaction to this small amount ( :pray: ) , I can try a larger amount tomorrow.

It's hot and humid here. It's supposed to be that way all week.

Ooto, I sure hope you can tolerate it. I can't imagine being limited so much.

Today, our weather is overcast and cool. Yesterday it was 90. Supposed to be having rain coming in tomorrow with a strong possibility of thunderstorms Tuesday. Pretty unusual for us...used to be from May to September we'd get zero rain and regular 90 to 100 degrees most of the time. We've had rain some days....then hot the next...then temps dropping into the 50's at night. My garden can't quite figure it out either....tomatoes in particular are pretty much sitting there not ripening.

I picked up a push lawn mower yesterday from a freecycler and it will so nicely for the small spaces in our yard that have grass. Was able to take Abby for a short walk and collect eggs but am now on an ice pack (sciatica).

Ooto, I sure hope you can tolerate it. I can't imagine being limited so much. Today, our weather is overcast and cool. Yesterday it was 90. Supposed to be having rain coming in tomorrow with a strong possibility of thunderstorms Tuesday. Pretty unusual for us...used to be from May to September we'd get zero rain and regular 90 to 100 degrees most of the time. We've had rain some days....then hot the next...then temps dropping into the 50's at night. My garden can't quite figure it out either....tomatoes in particular are pretty much sitting there not ripening. I picked up a push lawn mower yesterday from a freecycler and it will so nicely for the small spaces in our yard that have grass. Was able to take Abby for a short walk and collect eggs but am now on an ice pack (sciatica).

Sometimes people can tolerate only small amounts at any given time. Just to be able to enjoy it occasionally would be great too!

SUNDAY...Well, the yard sales are over and we were able to add another 12 gauge plus a nice supply of ammo for it and some 9mm for MM's fire power. Has been so hot here these past 3 days but that's the time of year here. Pulled out the sun dresses! Son wanted to "help" by watering garden and put a sprinkler on it...and it beat one whole bed of our corn down! So distressful. We went over, drove in some stakes, wove some twine, and then tucked the stalks back up and through some of the twine. Praying it will go ahead and stand and continue to grow. Already have a couple stalks that have tiny tassles...so pretty. Son just doesn't understand the Mel's Mix concept that you don't water/soak like a traditional garden, so we thanked him & asked him to just let us take care of the garden. He was feeling so bad. We should have staked it a week ago but didn't, so it was just as much our fault as his. Again...praying it will go ahead and resume it's growth. Abby-girl pretty much proved that she doesn't need to be formally trained to be a guard dog. A man came up during the yard sale, walked into "my space" and sat down in a chair next to me and she very quickly let him know he'd better move! She had her "halt" collar on so I was able to restrain her, but she sure didn't like him that close to her momma! I pet her the whole time so she'd know it was okay for her to growl and bark at him, and when he left I gave her one of her "special" treats...a peanute butter filled pretzel bite! Went out to the asian buffet for a late lunch/early supper. After we finished cleaning out the garage area so mom could put her car back in, and picked up all our signs we were tuckered out. Sold alot of stuff, but still have some furniture items that we just can't seem to get moved no matter how cheap. A very well built, 6" dresser...for $10 and it didn't sell? Figure? Did finally sell some of the glass vases when a lady came in and was buiding a "bottle garden". Sold the 1-man inflatable kayak and the big "tube". Still have the 2-man kayak. A little fella wanted to buy the 1-man inflatable and his dad said "we having a garage sale too, so if he can sell some stuff and make enough..." Well, anyway about 3 hours later he came back with his piggy bank with about half of what we were asking...Montain Man caved...and the little guy got his inflatable kayak! LOL MM is such a push over! LOL We've done that alot of times with children. They want something and they're willing to give whatever pennies, nickles & dimes they've go...how can ya not sell it to them!? We never "give" it though, they have to do their part. Don't teach them a thing if everything's handed to them.

No reaction to cantaloupe! :cele: Praise God! :happy0203: The possible reactions we were looking for was a skin rash/hives or redness around my mouth (think old lady lipstick). I'm thrilled that none of that happened.

I'm having DH stop and buy more cantaloupe today. My digestion system has s-l-o-w-e-d way down. :gdtmi: I'm hoping a bunch of cantaloupe will get things moving. Everything on the OB's list for constipation is stuff I can't have. (Seriously, why do most OTC things have to contain food dye? :shrug: ). I did order plain psyllium husk capsules, but they won't be here until next week. I'm not very confident about taking that, though, as apparently psyllium fiber is imported from India. :gaah:

Other than that, it's hot and humid here. I'm just trying to stay cool.

No reaction to cantaloupe! :cele: Praise God! :happy0203: The possible reactions we were looking for was a skin rash/hives or redness around my mouth (think old lady lipstick). I'm thrilled that none of that happened.

I'm having DH stop and buy more cantaloupe today. My digestion system has s-l-o-w-e-d way down. :gdtmi: I'm hoping a bunch of cantaloupe will get things moving. Everything on the OB's list for constipation is stuff I can't have. (Seriously, why do most OTC things have to contain food dye? :shrug: ). I did order plain psyllium husk capsules, but they won't be here until next week. I'm not very confident about taking that, though, as apparently psyllium fiber is imported from India. :gaah:

Other than that, it's hot and humid here. I'm just trying to stay cool.

Are there any "anti-gas" gel caps that you can take? Can be quite effective...TMI from a nurse friend...also glycerine suppositories...?