MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MICRO FIBER CLOTHS

One of the most valuable items I think I keep are microfiber cloths. When hubby and I attended an "RV Bootcamp" event a few years ago we were shown how to use these wonder cloths with only water, vinegar, alcohol or ammonia to do just about every type of cleaning you'd need on your RV...inside or out. The main thing about them, if you want them to be effective for this type of use, is to NEVER use fabric softener on them because they cease to be as absorbent. I'm amazed at what they can do in the line of cleaning. Just wondering if any of you around here love them as much as I do. I've purchased nearly all of mine at WM in bulk packages in the automotive sections.

I tried the microfiber before -- my mom got me a couple of the microfiber towels for my hair (it's sort of on the long-ish side, and takes forever to dry so she thought they'd be a big help), but, I couldn't get used to them, they had an odd feel to them that I couldn't get used to. They also kept 'snagging' on my dry skin (around fingernails esp.).

I never knew they were so versatile though.

Yes, they do feel "sticky"...but we've been able to clean the sides and roof of our camper using only vinegar and a microfiber as well as the flooring. It's the "roughage" I guess...but it sure does take off the grime etc. without using harsh chemicals and/or brushes etc. Camper exteriors are notorious for being hard to clean, and lots of danger of using chemicals. Just was wondering what ladies here thought. Sounds like I'm pretty much alone on this subject. LOL