MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
gofish

BIG BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

CONGRATULATIONS gofish. That is one of the greatest achievements in bill paying there is!!! The feeling of relief and satisfaction never ends!!!! :bighug2:

Edited by Dee

darlenedance.gifcheer.gifcheer.gifcheer.gifWoohoo. Congrats!!!!

WE JUST PAID OFF OUR HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:darlenedance::balloons::band2::band::balloons::cele::cheer::woohoo::cloud9::happy0203:

:0327:

You're about to enter the greatest realm of peace!!! We live debt free and it's absolutely wonderful. Uncle Sam gets us every year for taxes (and of course insurances) but it's wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!

I have a cousin and her husband that paid their house off a year or so after we finished paying ours off. DH and I were so excited to be debt free after so many years and they were too, or so we thought. After 3 or 4 years they couldn't stand it any longer and bought another house, a nicer house than the one that was free and clear..

As we all know the economy and housing market went south and they lost their house last year. Foreclosed on and they are now it a shabby little rental in a bad part of town. I feel so sorry for them but am so glad we stayed debt free and still have our home.

She keeps telling me how lucky we are, how smart we were, how stupid they were......and as we all know hindsight is 100%.

Just a life lesson learned by a cousin I dearly love BUT wonder why they couldn't have been happy with what they had.

It is a great feeling. I can't stop :happy0203:

We bought the house in May of 1993 so we paid it off 10 years early. Makes me giddy:cele: to think of all the interest we didn't have to pay.

We still have 2 more years before we are debt free but we are getting there. 2 of our kids had a hosptial stay of a week or longer.

We will still work under the "If you don't have the cash you can't afford it theory."

We will still work under the "If you don't have the cash you can't afford it theory."

That's a going to be my new motto :)

Congrats again, on the house and on being so close to being totally debt free :woohoo:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.