MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Snowmom

Christmas Ornament Exchange 2012

GOODMORNINGTREE.gif

Think Christmas. :)

It is time to think about our Christmas Ornament Exchange, right, that is just what I said, time to work on our Christmas Ornament Exchange. I know, I am late with this post, so we aren't going to have near as much time to do our ornaments this year. Just know you can start any time as we will need to get them out before Thanksgiving. :)

This is the way it works.

You sign up here by the October 13th, and send a PM me with your names and address. I will then, when I have all the names and addresses, send you a list of everyone on the list and you will make 1 ornament for each person on this list. In other words, if there are 10 people on the list, you make 10 ornaments, if there are 15 you make 15 and so on. Most of you know how this works. I will try to get the list to you by October 16th.

We need to get things started right away for those who need more time to make their ornaments. Are you all ready to sign up for this exchange???? Who is the first one going to be???

We should get these ornaments sent by November 15th. This gives you about 4 weeks this year to make and send your ornaments out. By sending them out this early, everyone should get the ornaments by Thanksgiving and we want everyone to have the ornaments to add to their tree.

Please: If you do NOT intend to make and send ornaments out, do NOT put your name on the list.

I know it is late again this year, but, we have had things going on here.

Now we will all get started and have fun doing this exchange. I know there are some who look forward to this exchange each year.

Find something you want to make, and get started, as you know there will be people joining this exchange. Please don't wait until the first of November and think about what you want to make, get them done soon. :)

Have fun.

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpgHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

This was a lot of fun a few years ago and I keep regretting that I always seem to miss this! So, even though I don't have time for crafting, I'm going to MAKE time! Count me in!

Me too! I have a special tree for home made ornaments that could use a few more!!!

Please count me in. It's been a few years since I did this and I remember it being so much fun. I still have so many beautiful, hand made ornaments from previous years.

th_GOODMORNINGFALLCHAIR.jpg

Ok, so far we have 7 of us lets see if there might be a few more joining this year in the Christmas Ornament Exchange.

Thank you all for joining, hope there will be more sign up. :) This is always so much fun. :)

th_FALLHUGS2.jpgth_HAVEANICEDAY4.jpg

I am really excited for the exchange - I've been testing out my idea for an ornament today that I saw on the internet, and it looks as though they are going to work out as I had hoped they would :DEager to move on to the official ones here soon :)

Finish the prototype.

There are 3 minor but important things from the pattern I don't like. 2 I know how to fix and if I don't figure out the 3rd I'll go into Micheal's and ask for Bobbi.

If she can't help me nobody can.

Ladies craft night at the church is next week. Food, conversation, and time to work on our projects. What more can a woman want.

I definitely want in too! Sending my PM in a bit.

Oh, and gofish, I used to work at Michaels and did the demos, so if you get stuck shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

th_GOODMORNINGDOGONSWING.gif

There are 9 of us now, this is going to be so much fun. :):):darlenedance::hapydancsmil:

Anyone else going to join the fun???

th_FALLHUGS2.jpgth_HAVEANICEDAY8-1.gif

goodmorninchristmaslights-1.gif

Only about 20 -24 hours to add your name to the list to do the Christmas Ornament Exchange with us. Is there anyone out there who is wanting to add their name??

htzcarol76776.gifHaveAWonderfulDayRedSparkle.gif

Sorry I didn't get in here on Saturday or yesterday, things took place and I didn't get in.

There are 10 of us doing the exchange now, so we each need to make 9 to send and 1 for ourselves. :)

Waiting for mommato3boys to send me her new address before I send out the names and addresses, so you can start making the ormanents anyway.

I will start a new thread to post when you have sent your ornaments and when you get them.

Woohoo! I definitely want to see what y'all are making, even if things are too much in flux for me to participate this time 'round.

Me too CG! I really hate to miss out this year, but not exactly sure when we will be moving. Long story...

I just sent out the list, so, I do hope everyone got it. If you didn't get it, please let me know. Thanks. Yes, mommato3boys, I got it now. :)

The CG and Trudy, I do hope things work out so you will be able to join us next year.

Will be posting pictures as soon as I am able after I have gotten all 9 ornaments. :)

Now, I need to get busy and make mine. I do know what I am making so it is just a matter of doing it. :)

Enjoy making them. :)

Dang Missed it! Next year I am in for sure! I miss doing all these wonderful exchanges! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone makes!

YAY me, I finished all of them last night. Now the hard part getting them packed and in the mail LOL.

LOL M3B, I just figured out what I'm going to make this morning. Now, to free up some time this afternoon and sit and craft and watch an old movie and drink tea. Wow, that sounds amazing! I haven't done anything like that in months! I can't wait.

Took Snowmom's to the PO today to see how much it would cost to mail since I figured she was the farthest from me. Only one problem on the way home I realized I forgot to write my name and date on the back of hers :groooansmileyf: oh well she will have to just remember me LOL. The others are ready to go and they will go Monday.

For once I am not running out the week of Thanksgiving trying to get mine mailed so everyone will get them for Christmas. :runcirclsmiley2:

YAY ME :hapydancsmil:

Lol - I've gathered everything together but haven't started yet! I even plugged in the cordless drill last week and haven't touched it yet. Hmmmm, tomorrow is sort of clear for me. I'd better get started!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.