MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

EEK! A Mouse

Jeepers

I saw my first ever mouse at my house yesterday. I've lived here 22 years and have a wooded area behind the house so you would think I would have seen plenty of them by now.

Son mowed the backyard (fenced in) and went to move the door mat on the patio that had folded over on itself and a little mouse was in there. He ran away (the mouse, not my son) but now mice infestations are in my head. :runcirclsmiley2:

I hope it was a 'he' and not an expecting 'she' mouse. :0327:

I have to admit that outside he was really cute :wub:

Inside he would be really dead :baseballbat:

Also, I moved a couple of pieces of wood that was on the patio and a fat toad was hiding underneath one. Ugh, not so cute.

There are oak and hickory trees in the woods and I have never seen so many acorns and nuts in my back yard in all my 22 years here! They are so thick you can hardly walk back there without slipping around on them. Most of it is nut shells because of all the squirrels and chipmunks back there...and probably mice.

So, I'm wondering what kind of winter we might be in for. Some of the deer back there are looking a little shaggy too.

small mouse = DESTRUCTIVE, GERM-CARRIER

fat ugly toatd = Eats lots of bugs, our friend!

Too bad the first one is cuter than the beneficial one. :rolleyes:

Glad it was only on the patio...... :baseballbat: indeed!!!

MtRider [....having not seen a mouse in or out of the traps for a couple weeks now. :band2::cele: ]

Miss Macy my cat is on mouse watch frequently. Unfortunately she may be right but not sure how it got in the building here, not that it couldnt. She watches spots where they are likely to hide, like under my stove. She will lay there for hours, or a couple other great spots...... I have yet to see one dart around the baseboards or elsewhere. She has yet to catch one. it makes me giggle when I catch her doing her mouse watching. It is a recent pastime for her.

Her fur, and she is inside all the time is very plush and thicker already too. She is also eating more. She wants her kitty treats far too often too. Reaches up and knocks the bag down or taps me to get my attention and sits up on her bottom and begs as she can do that. Reminds me of the movie Oliver, Please, Sir , may I have some more?

LOL. Sounds like its fall and winter coming on fast. I have to be adjustable with clothing around here at this point. Air temp, winds, humidity, rain or sun , fog its all different really fast now as the leaves change too and start to drift down.

Snakes scare me far worse. LOL. I like frogs and toads though.

Just back from a "bug out" (as we call it) and the squirrels were absolutely dilerious in their running around gathering and scampering, paying little to no attention to our dog Abby or anbody elses for that matter. Maybe they've been around the area long enough to know that most dogs are leashed, but ...??? Even a groundhog raided a neighbors bread basket (they'd left in a cooler) and another's crockpot lid found it's way off. Guess the GH found the lid a bit hot? Pretty early for these types of animals to be so brazen? As for mice...I haven't seen any yet in this house and we can't set out poisons because of Abby...maybe her presence and curiosity will keep them from wanting in??? I'm sure she's love to wrestle one to the ground! LOL

I haven't caught any more mice lately, but we know they broke into the package of poison DH had left on a cabinet downstairs. mousecheezef.gif

Sorry, mouse. That wasn't cheese.

The basement has begun to take on a rather ummmm, shall we say AROMATIC quality this weekend. shakinghead.gif

I think it's only the *one* I saw, because the traps haven't caught him.

And of course it's in the most inaccessible place and I have several other projects I'm trying to accomplish before winter hits. While still babysitting nearly every weekday. (Today son-in-law stayed home.) Since I'm pretty much the only one going down there, I may just let him dry up for later surprises. :shakinghead:

th_GOODMORNINGFALLCHAIR.jpg

We have had mice off and on for several years, then none, then again. I was told to use dryer sheets, it seems they do work. Of course you need to change them once in a while, probably every month or less. I haven't seen a mouse now since I put the last dryer sheets out. I put them everywhere. People probably wonder why they are all over the place, but, if it works, don't knock it. :)

th_FALLHUGS2.jpgth_HAVEANICEDAY8-1.gif

th_GOODMORNINGFALLCHAIR.jpg

We have had mice off and on for several years, then none, then again. I was told to use dryer sheets, it seems they do work. Of course you need to change them once in a while, probably every month or less. I haven't seen a mouse now since I put the last dryer sheets out. I put them everywhere. People probably wonder why they are all over the place, but, if it works, don't knock it. :)

th_FALLHUGS2.jpgth_HAVEANICEDAY8-1.gif

****I've heard dryer sheets work also, even for mosquitos if you rub them on your arms etc. However...our dear Abby dog chews them like bubble gum & swallows them (if we don't catch her!) and then hubby sees the evidence shortly! I'm gonna hunt me out some spots where I might be able to hid them from her!***