MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mt_Rider

For DF's Appendix GRson

Y'all remember this summer when my dear friend had a DD in the hospital with deadly meningitis in one state and a DGrS with a ruptured appendix in the opposite direction.

They just visited DD and she's doing better. Apparently meningitis is SO very serious and the brain swelling can last months. But she's making progress. Even able to work a couple mornings a week. But she can walk less than a block to work - cuz she can't drive yet.

Grandson is doing great. Is took quite a while before he could stand and walk upright. We went fishing with them a few wks ago and for the first time, he was walking normally. He's taken great strides since then. So TOMORROW [Tues, Oct 2] he goes in early to get in line for his surgery to reattach the colon. He had testing and everything seems a GO on that. He can get rid of the ostomy bag. He and his mother [getting up in the middle of every night to empty it] will be very happy! :cele: Then a while for recovery from that major surgery. Then he might finally be able to return to school just before Christmas break. He's anxious to be normal again. Pray that all goes well.

My dear friend could use prayer too. She's got multiple allergies and health issues and cares for adult disabled gals in her home. Pray she has peaceful days and restful nights for a while so that she can heal from the long trip to DD's home. [she got into some allergies, what with all the harvesting going on in this season]

MtRider :amen::pray:

I'm so happy for that little boy! I was thinking about him a lot lately because of Arby's painful situation.

Sending prayers to the family and to your BFF :pray:

So happy to hear this positive news! Will pray for a safe operation and uneventful recovery for the little guy, continual recovery for the DD and restored health for your friend.

:pray:

That family is sure getting more than it's fair share of medical issues to cope with. Thoughts and prayers for them, esp. the little boy having surgery :pray: that has to be rough on the entire family (esp. the little guy :hug3: )

Edited by lumabean

LolGlad to hear lil guy is doing much better. Sitting in er waiting on catscan to determine appendix or other complication just now. MY son is so mad at the docs. The nurses. Are good though. Fevers up again. So trying to settle whit. Its aggravated

:runcirclsmiley2:

I pray everything goes well with his surgery.

And Arby, I hope you get things headed in the right direction too! Prayers.

Great report from surgeon today. Boy no longer has ostomy bag! :amen::cele: Lost his valve between small/large intestine tho. Doc says body will adjust after a bit. Last report: He went from recovery to his regular room. Did not have to go to ICU. Much better this time cuz he'd had time to get healthier for the surgery. :) Still very groggy and prolly sleep away til tomorrow. :wub: Think this lil' guy is gonna be just fine! Long recovery expected cuz it's a major surgery but :woohoo:

Grma says THANK YOU ALL for the prayers since this began last summer. She planned to tell GrSon of all the folks praying for him. He'll be impressed!

I was at her house all day...holding down the fort so she could go to hospital......

MtRider :pray:

Edited by Mt_Rider

A troubling update on young Grandson today. Friend told me he's developed a fever overnight and is under more pain than they'd like. The plan now is to change the method of pain control by putting him into ICU and starting morphine. This is what they thought they could avoid. He's still very sedated. She's asking prayer for his pain levels and for the fever [indicating infection in this infection-prone region of body] . His mom is nearly ready to drop from exhaustion too.

Thank you all so much,

MtRider :pray:

:pray:

praying the little guy gets the comfort and healing he needs

and of course comfort for grandma and mom as well

:pray::pray:

:amen:

Young ones are so resiliant. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery. :pray:

Ive been gone all day but word I heard from this morning was that he's still struggling with both fever and more pain that docs want him to be in. They did have him up walking just a little ...with a half dozen tubes into him. :(

Mom called doc in early this morning and insisted they change pain meds... Epidural not working, even with IV added. :unsure: Might mean he went into ICU for morphine today. I'll get an update tomorrow. But he's for sure still needing our prayer!

God, You are the merciful Healer. We pray on behalf of this boy. Ease his pain. Destroy any infection that tries to invade healthy tissue. Restore all his GI functioning. Lift up his spririt to YOU. Hold up his exhausted mom. ....and Grma isn't doing so well either.

:pray::pray::pray:

MtRider :amen:

Still praying for little boy and family. We went through same with oldest son--his ruptured, lost 1/3 of liver due to peritonitis after 10 days of orginal attack, but because of age and being athletic, he survived. Surgeon told us orginally he had an ulcer. God is in control and HE has a mighty plan for this child. May peace, healing, wisdom for doctors and family, strength and God's perfect will decend upon this family. May all infection be gone and his body be restored in the name of Jesus Christ as we plead the blood of Jesus on him.

Finally today, there was a better report. He had a bad reaction yesterday [panic and disorientation :wacko: ] to a med. Mom climbed into his bed and held him, praying, all night. He slept cuz she was there and woke this morning feeling better. They also finally had his pain under control. :thumbs: for Momma instincts!!!

Has been scary. Docs were worried too! After all he went thru when it first ruptured, Docs keep saying he shouldn't be alive! Yet God decrees the moments of our lives....

MtRider [ ...keeping ya updated :pray: