MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mt_Rider

One more request for prayer, please?

With the Gathering approaching in ONE WEEK....I'm trying to get myself in the best physical shape possible. It's always a bit of a risk to fly by myself. [#1 please pray I don't run into anything EXTRA that sends me into MS meltdown on the plane!]

So I had dental work done two weeks ago....but unexpectedly, it resulting in a massive MS meltdown weekend. Drained me badly and even now, if any situation pushes me, I start trembling and nearly crying. Not thru emotional sadness but that's just a common physical manifestation of MS meltdown. :banghead: [#2 Pray my nervous system CALMS DOWN!!!]

Today was the final dental appointment and I was TREMBLING and overly anxious [MS meltdown] by the time I got ready and into the car. :shakinghead: Drive an hour then all that has to happen is the take off temporary crown and cement permanent one into place. :blink: Whaddya mean it DOESN'T FIT? :0327:

So more novacaine (NEEDLE) and take yet another tooth impression...then put the temporary back in. TREMBLING and such during those proceedures got so bad that I had to explain it to the dental assistant. :ashamed0002: [before she got too much in my mouth] Told her I'm FINE...just the MS. Ignore whatever and just do what you've got to do! I'll be trying to keep it in control (help me, God!!!)

Got thru that....DH had to help me walk outta there. Nearly wheelchair time! MORE energy loss.

I reallllly didn't want to travel half-way across the country and have something happen with the temporary crown. So the dental assistant got on the phone with whoever made the bad crown. They agreed to have the new one to the dental office THE DAY BEFORE MY FLIGHT.......more energy loss, what with 2+ hours of travel down there again! But I said, Yes! [#3 Please pray that the next crown is done correctly - fits wonderfully. ]

My folks agreed to help get me home that day or else I'd be stuck in town for 10 hours while DH has patients. Nooooooooooooo! AND we have to leave our house by 4AM the next morning to reach the airport. :imoksmiley:

Quite seriously, I'm experienced enough with MS to know that I'm in way over my head. NONE of this is good for me traveling solo. NOT ONE LITTLE BIT OF THIS! DH has said a couple times today..."Uh, and you're flying in one week?" I simply cannot tell you how wrong all of this is and how impossible this trip will be......if not for Our Heavenly Father. It's one of those situations in which HE truely has to act on my behalf or I'm physically unable to DO this.

Wanna help back up my requests on this? :pray:

Did I mention that I'll be alone for the next threeeeeee days? DH has a required seminar that he set up last summer. Leaves tomorrow morning early and returns Sunday eve. So I'm solo here too. I DID put friend 'on alert' but....yep, it's the same friend with the critically ill grandson with appendix deal going on. God, rescue us all! [#4 Please continue to pray for friend's GrSon and that all will be well ...and safe, for me 'n the critters here this weekend. ]

...rather peculiar to watch this scenario unfold, knowing that He's allowing me to be in such a physically impossible position...SO in need of HIM!!! The enemy would like to see me frantic :runcirclsmiley2: ...especially considering this MS meltdown-prone state. But while hanging onto the Father's hand as they gave me another needle and fiddled and pried and poked....I found peace instead. I'm not too happy about not being finished with the dental but ....HE assured me that HE is still running things. So....

MtRider :pray::amen:

Edited by Mt_Rider
updated

Mark and I are praying for you. :pray::bighug2:

Will be praying for you too, MTR, that our Father's will be done in your case. But please, my friend, consider that your current MS issues might be God trying to tell you something you don't want to hear--like stay home....I don't want to be negative or anything, but it seems like a lot is on your plate, and maybe that's because God doesn't want you to take that trip for whatever His reasons are.... I dunno--just pray about it, and do whatever you feel truly led to do.

Mt. Rider I am praying for you! Hang in there as you seek HIS desire for your life. You are right where HE wants you and has a perfect will for you. Be blessed, at peace and know that HE loves you and we do, too.

Thanks, all of you!

Yeah Vic, that IS something to consider when you get to these brick walls. But I feel nothing but a Go-Ahead-Green-Light. It's been that way since Darlene and I realized the new puppy was going to be ready to come home....right when the Gathering was happening. And then this and that happened and ....I set the tickets to come to fetch her in person.

I've been teaching Women's Bible study at our church for many years now. Each Wed morning is a struggle..... Most of the time, it's very close to a physical impossibility for me. And the energy that is poured out as I lead....leaves me trembling afterwards. Yet, He called me to lead in this specifically and I remain strong until I'm finished each week. I have ones who pray for me as I am leading, in fact. Then someone takes me home and I sleep.

God actually impressed upon me that I am called to be ....well, as near as I can describe it is that I will not be sitting at home :hidingsmile: I will be disabled and out in public. :shrug: And so I have been. Even with the occasional meltdowns.....tho I'm not called to be stupid. Every Wed mornings my usual question is "God? Am I going this morning or do You have Plan B?" Just a few times, it's been answered with "Stay home, daughter. Plan B this morning."

I have not gotten the "Plan B" answer at ALL on this one. I was kinda feeling like chickening out a week or so ago but He sent all the peace and assurance I needed. In the dental chair yesterday, I asked again: 'Does this tooth business change anything, God?'

"MY strength is sufficient for you"

:shrug: I feel EXACTLY like I always have on those struggling Wed mornings when He does not say "Plan B". And occasionally, I DO have a major meltdown there. Oddly, it's not usually when I *think* I'm feeling marginal tho. :unsure: Ya just can't outguess this stuff anyway. :lol:

I'm more confident now than I was a week ago!!! But I really DO want that tooth ready on Wednesday before I have to fly... :pray: God has my daily schedule and...HE won't give it back to me. HE says HE's got it handled and HE'll let me know, by and by, what I need to do next. ;) HE told me that since my parents are so anxious about me staying alone here without BigDog, I'm to go sleep over with dear friends 'next door'. OK...made my "reservations". :lol: Course I've always had the key to their house...

This ....could be interesting. Has all the potential to be one of those times.

MtRider :grouphug:

Edited by Mt_Rider

:bighug2:

Big hug then MTR! I am glad you understood so clearly what I was trying to get across in my post earlier! I just know that sometimes I push to do things "I" want, and shunt what God wants aside...and then he has to break out the 2x4, and my head hurts! Kinda like this...frying%20pan.gif, followed by me looking like :imoksmiley:. So I will pray for His guidance for you, and for strength and endurance and safety for you!

:bighug2: May I suggest cutting out all activities except those that are absolutely essential? Build up your strength - you're going to need it for your new furbaby! And don't worry about the dentist - I think they have dentists and drs in Georgia! Not to mention the fact, that in Georgia, you'll be surrounded by people who not only love you but are fully equiped to handle any and every unexpected event that might come up. Go and enjoy the experience! Oh, and maybe bring your own sandwich to eat on the plane. Dh and I fly quite a bit and the airline food has gone from marginally edible to vomit inducing.

Praying that God grants you the peace you need to enjoy this wonderful opportunity to its fullest!

Mt Rider, we are ALL going to be at Darlene's and be healthy while we're there. Dh and I are fighting off a cold, and praying hard right along with you.

Thank you Lord for caring for, and allowing us, if it be in Your Will, to enjoy this upcoming time of fellowship in all good health and hearty laughter.

Edited by lovinit

Lovinit, mentioning hearty laughter....

:sHa_sarcasticlol::laughkick::008Laughing:

:hapydancsmil::girlneener::happy0203:

:gathering::sassing::24:

:P {better bring Depends! If LAUGHTER is anything like last time!} :lol:

MtRider :D

:lol: Lovinit! Yeah, since I'm alone this weekend, I'm getting my suitcase and my ..er, 'purse' packed. Not taking a carry-on. Did all the laundry yesterday so I have all available clothes laid out. Now I have to make choices. Also making final choices on prep-stuff JIC something would happen that would make anything difficult or unusual.

:rolleyes: As if my whole life hasn't always been UNUSUAL... :tinfoilhatsmile:

Due to my parent's anxiety, I packed up for overnight at my near friends' house. SLEET all over the windshield and BRRRRR :frozen: Warning...this weather's coming your way. Frost alerts for some of you. [we're already into FROZEN alerts ...but no snow...yet] Harder for me to sleep there but I think THEY slept better. :lol:

Not doing much that requires labor today. Did all that yesterday... :0327: Well, except :dishes: Just sorting and packing.

MtRider :pc_coffee:

Edited by Mt_Rider

Mt. Rider- you go and have a wonderful time. For those of us who can't come, just know we are a little envious of all, but want you each to have the time of your life. We will be praying for safe traveling mercies both to and home again for everyone, including the little pup. He(I think) will bring you great joy in your next journey. As for the dentist, 'be anxious for nothing' because God is in control as you know. Just go (on the trip), enjoy, relax, be revived, renewed, and refreshed for what is coming in our future. Think of it as part of your preps to get ready. We all need this sometimes. Be blessed and know that we love you.

Edited by AMarthaByHeart

For some strange reason, as God was formulating His plan on causing the chaos of space and the original stunning beauty of earth to be formed, in the back of His mind He had already decided that He was going to hitch MtR and I at the hip.

Totally different personalities in some ways, totally different people in some ways, but incredible carbon copies of each other in a few areas, especially when it comes to Him.

Now, most people would look at this dog situation as not that big a deal...one can get a dog anywhere if they want. Yet God chose to take something that He's blessed me with, that holds great meaning to me, that He's given me to exhibit a part of my passionate side with....and orchestrated the circumstances and timing for a litter to be born and ready to go to their new homes at the exact time of this gathering.

I have 12 dogs...this breeding was the first breeding I didn't see unfold so I wasn't even sure they had bred till the last couple of weeks of her pregnancy. Mt. Rider had taken her beloved dog for a ride to Dairy Queen and all was well till a couple of hours later they found she had passed.

I have told Him many times how special it is to me to share one of these puppies with her. They are the most important earthly thing on my farm to me and I take the homes they go to very serious. I love Mt Rider...she's been a trusted and valued friend so I cherish the opportunity to share something that has such meaning to me...and also meaning to her because her need for this type of dog is more than apparent. I COULD have bred Beagles for that matter, but no...God gave me a primitive guardian that I love with all my heart.

So yeah, it's enemy interference for MtR...wanting to discourage her, feel her with hopelessness and deny her all the blessings He has planned for her on her trip to my mountains.

I know she sometimes stresses and worries about the trip, but I don't at all. This is a big journey for her, I know. But we all know His grace is sufficient and He will complete the plans He has for her life with this little pup.

As a side note, I've shared with Mt Rider how I had prayed over the weeks, asking Him which puppy He had destined for her. One day we were taking the pups out of the Xpen and letting them run out in the grass. I was thinking about the gathering and all I need to get done lol and when I got to the 2nd to the last pup, I reach over, picked her up and as I held her in my arms out of no where came the thought, "are YOU the one that is destined for MtR?". It took me by surprise because that was the last thing I had been thinking of at that moment so I looked at the pup and asked her..."are you the one that Jesus has planned for her?"

She looked at me as if to say, "*blink* *blink*...ummmmmm, I didn't have anything to do with this".

lolol

I've watched this pup over the weeks since then and she is one of those rare pups I get sometimes in a litter that have a depth that is deeper...or at least it's easy for me to see. There's a calmness and control about her...a self assuredness and independence that will take MtR's breath away as she matures.

So, as MtR runs around going, "oh my gosh, oh my gosh", I just sit here and laugh because I know what she's coming for and she'll barely remember these weeks preceeding by the time she gets here.

:darlenequeen:

Darlene, what a wonderful woman and friend you are. I am truely humbled by your generosity.

Praying for everyone.....

And I keep bugging her for MORE PICTURES!!!! :wub: Sheesh, those babies are darling! Can't wait to meet mine and start getting to know her.

My suitcase is packed ['cept for last minute stuff] as of today. :cheer: With DH gone this weekend, I was actually better able to focus. Now I'm breathing easier cuz I like my packing to be done WAY ahead of time. Can't stand to have LAST MINUTE JITTERS!

:laughkick: That's one way in which Darlene and I are exact opposites! She seems to revel in the last minute pressure but not me...... :runcirclsmiley2:

Remember last spring when both of us ended up with major cuts on our hands? That sort of thing happens all the time. It's pretty weird but...I guess God wanted us to have each other to commiserate with. :hug3:

We even had bathroom repair/remodeling done at the same time two yrs ago. I came out of her bathroom laughing.... yep, exact same model of 'throne' was installed. :rolleyes: Dontcha think that's taking things a bit far??? :lol:

Seriously tho, it's been quite a journey and easier when you have a 'twin'...even one that's a brat! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

So thank ALL of you for praying with me thru this. :grouphug: I don't go far from home often. The last time I got on a plane, it was 2 yrs ago...the last Gathering. HE is holding me up and containing my scattered brain :wacko: ...even with less sleep than normal this weekend.

DH is home and enjoyed his seminar. He hadn't planned on this one but a nearer one this summer was canceled and he HAS to get hours. So what does he learn on the first day? About mercury vapor outgassing as one gets dental work done. High speed drills and silver-amalgam fillings are a problem. There is a lot of speculation about a connection [or at least, aggravation] between these fillings [or their removal without precautions] and MS. Oye! Is THAT part of what hit me and is keeping me trembling????? Mebbe.

MtRider :amen:

Ack!.... This barrage of physical stuff isn't letting up. It's getting worse. But, as Darlene pointed out, it's all nonsense from the enemy and this is gonna happen anyway. My pain level yesterday...and starting out today, is getting pretty high. HOWEVER, since all I still needed to do was sit and take all the sharps out of my 'purse' and such. Organize a few things. Did that while sitting down...which doesn't hurt. THANKFUL that I'm essentially all packed. Slow day today and dentist tomorrow and leave at 4am Thurs.

I'd love to be in top shape when I arrive but....I'm coming anyway. :shrug: Today is the last day I could ride, but unless this pain subsides, that ain't happening. :grinning-smiley-044: But...I'm coming anyway.

Appreciate continued prayer for ALL of us involved with this Gathering. Wherever two or more Believers are gathered.... well, the enemy likes to poke and prod and try to have fun. :pray: :frying pan: I'd like specific prayer of that nature, please.

MtRider [ ....In YOUR Name we pray.... :amen: ]

Mt Rider, thankyou for your prayers. Please, folks and especially you , dont worry about Israel next week. Looks like things will hold together there and here in our continent . I think, from what all I see. I certainly understand how dastardly the Enemy is and how he uses folks who have no clue as I just went through that kind of fire and fright.

As for israel, they are saying next spring. That gives us all more time.

LOL, its a bit different being at Darlenes and ya get stranded than it was for me and you are in a big group. BIG difference. Does that put some perspective on it. Maybe that had to happen to me all alone where I was in a big scary know nothing to help you city that is mean mean mean I learned. So please , and yea I understand the meltdowns. I am sitting here all wobbly and shaky cause I dont know how big Andreas gift to me was that I am finally going to get at the PO. I hope its small enough to fit in a totebag. Not up to hauling stuff just now. LOL. I will try. If I need to they will hold it for me to come back with the wagon. Lord love you all. Thanks so much for your support and prayers too.

So, Mt. Rider, I want you to relax and take things slowly. K? Gets lots of rest if you can. Fiddle around with puttering if you get too upset or whatever relaxes you. Didn't I hear you are getting a trusty little princess to bring back home? ( Anatolian pup?) Or something special that is a live, I know I read something along those lines last week on the other thread..... is hubby going with you? I wasn't sure. If he is he is certainly there for you and won't let anything happen to you and your stuff. He's going to keep his head if you don't. I so would have had a different experience I bet if I had had someone advocating for me in person during my trials last week.

So, big hug to all of you. Wish I was going.