MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Gathering...it's started!

Darlene

Enjoying reading the accounts of our time together. Very neat to hear others perspectives and read what they observed.

A few of my own ....

Darlene amazes me that in the very midst of many ongoing projects, we are still welcome. She is obviously blessed with a gift of hospitality.

I was very happy to spend time with three of her children as well. Had never met Jason and it was a pleasure to do so. He is as welcoming and inviting as his momma. Madison and I had some good quality time together, she is a quick study on the fiber arts and with MrMom's help, we were able to get their spinning wheel in working order. :thumbs:

My time with MaSteele and family was brief but, so glad I got to meet them. She brought a true treasure with her, her dad who was a wealth of experiences and information.

MtRider continues to be a source of stability and strength to those around her which is an obvious contradiction to her sometimes uncooperative legs. At one point, she gathered my hands into hers gently and prayed soothingly until I was blessed with peace and confidence.

GP is not only an excellent instructor who generously shares his knowledge, he will make you laugh until your side hurts. My nugget from him this weekend, the history of the .22, how it got its name and why the .22 long rifle bullet is short!

WG is a man of many talents. A blessing to have as a friend and a benefit to any team. He brought and shared many tasty tidbits from his canning recipes. He can turn a tender pancake which was the perfect accompaniment to the Alabama Conecuh sausage I brought.

MrMomM and MomM are blessings at ever turn. Whether in deep conversation, genuine hugs or music and baked goods, we are always better for having seen them.

Lovinit and her Mr. were a real added bonus! Eager to contribute to whatever project was at hand and brought us something we had never known existed before!! Dehydrated snow!

I was so happy to see Granny again! Strange how you can feel like such old, true friends with people you've spent relatively little time with. I think she washed a thousand dishes this weekend. I enjoyed our talks concerning matters of the heart, family and even the civil war.

Jesse never hesitated to add his youthful energy to the many ongoing projects. He was able to shoot and practice to his heart's content.

I was thankful to bring what I could, do what I could and share what I could. But, it was my great honor to be allowed to teach from the Word of God on Sunday as we studied Strategies and Gideon's Army. God sees our potential. God is in the details. God is enough.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool to read reports from others. Koa continues to improve. She lost any water she drank yesterday but was not seen vomiting today. Stl had to subQ fluids to her and MY. She's turned into a whining, screeching, GRRRing, grump! Poor thing! We had 3or4 ta 'quart low' and needed fluids today. Need your help, GP! Y'all know about my kinda cured Needle Phobia? It's being severely tested. I hug pup close and Darlene gets to waving that needle around.... :o

I'm on for the next 10 days as Puppy Support. Laid on a couch

aww, Madison, you made me giggle and want some of that pie and baked ziti for sure. Latin, wow. I won't say what happened in my Spanish class in high school but French was better in college after the navy. I just pulled my Spanish and French discs out and ripped them to my laptop. I need to give myself lessons again. The Latin is important and I am glad you are doing well with it. I am glad you have the opportunity to take it in school too.

Mt. Rider I am glad Darlene kidnapped you and I would be trying to get that pan of pie from you I bet, to Madisons' chagrin.

It is heartening to read your summary MrMom on the Gatherings. I felt it would be so. Someday I hope to be able to come.

Bless the new pups, Lord, they will all have the best of homes and importance I am sure with the guidance and needs of those who are able to be so blessed with one for their homestead and home needs. I cannot think of a better prep item for Mt.Rider now. I just don't know how it will fit when it is grown, in her bitty cabin.

Thanks for sharing and I feel on the mend now from my recent health ordeal and the head is staying clearer.

I caught Madison with a joke. The dehydrated snow was "crochet" snow flake decorations.

Well, they did look as if they had been dehydrated, all stiff and crunchy like. :rolleyes: I thought since some people don't have the snow we do, I'd just take them some.

Awesome, I have seen some of the crochet patterns for snowflakes. I think they are really pretty. I just could not wrap my mind around how in the world you managed to dehydrate snow. :cheeky-smiley-067:

aww, Madison, you made me giggle and want some of that pie and baked ziti for sure. Latin, wow. I won't say what happened in my Spanish class in high school but French was better in college after the navy. I just pulled my Spanish and French discs out and ripped them to my laptop. I need to give myself lessons again. The Latin is important and I am glad you are doing well with it. I am glad you have the opportunity to take it in school too.

Mt. Rider I am glad Darlene kidnapped you and I would be trying to get that pan of pie from you I bet, to Madisons' chagrin.

It is heartening to read your summary MrMom on the Gatherings. I felt it would be so. Someday I hope to be able to come.

Bless the new pups, Lord, they will all have the best of homes and importance I am sure with the guidance and needs of those who are able to be so blessed with one for their homestead and home needs. I cannot think of a better prep item for Mt.Rider now. I just don't know how it will fit when it is grown, in her bitty cabin.

Thanks for sharing and I feel on the mend now from my recent health ordeal and the head is staying clearer.

My daughter uses a website called busuu.com to learn foreign languages, Arby. It is free and there is even a feature to allow you to chat live with people all over the world as your language skills increase.

Thanks for that website martianchick. I was looking for someplace for my son to work on his Japanese.

Should get him into the teen's forum & he & my LilDD could "talk". :happy0203: She's in her third year.

My daughter also used a website called YesJapan when she first began to study Japanese on her own. She used the free utilities for awhile and then I began paying monthly for it. I'm not sure if she is currently using Busuu for Japanese or just for Chinese.

Still with Darlene. Good time tho we're working hard ...understatement!!! Koa and sisters are doing GOOD. Even the tiny I'll one is bouncing around the yard..and mugging for attention. Weight difference a lot. Koa back up...13.5#. She has claimed me with those sad-pup eyes. Then growls if other pups get my attention LOL. Bought her flight kennel today and fly in two days. I hear CO is mentioning the 'S' word. :frozen: Sure has been beautiful here.

Pups were well into recovery by the time Dawn finally had her tiny pups. Wish some of you had been here to share the all night birthing vigil. Whew... D and I were crazy-TIRED. But Dawn and new babies are doing well.

Got the bees fed. Got pork fat rendered into lard. Have eaten WELL. Need more sleep :lol: mostly, it's about the pups.

Miss you all here.

MtRider

1) People mentioned fried cheese cake. We NEED the recipe for this, please. :008Laughing:

2) In the thread with the pictures, WormGuy mentioned cheese cakes made with Oreos in the base. We NEED this recipe as well.:cheeky-smiley-067:

3) I wanna go next year!

4) I should check out busuu.