MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Looking for the bright side.

At work we have a co-worker form another department that comes over and bugs us about getting her parts done. When we tell her we will get to them just as soon as we can she doesn't like our answer. Today she went to our manager which brought our supervisor breathing fire down our necks. We were having enough problems we didn't need her drama. :angry:

Next time she should make sure of her facts about what time we need to have the parts done by.

I hope she enjoyed the nice long talk her very unhappy supervisor had with her.

I got home to find Son had strained a muscle in his leg in gym and wanted a heating pad.

DH's best friend brought him home because when he was taking DD1 to work something broke on his car. Something about the frame or a spring. The car is not worth fixing. Now we're down to one car.

The neighbor girl's mother takes Son to school. When she can't DH takes them to school. The doctor put neighbor girl's mother in the hospital today.

Dh has a old car in the garage that needed a head gasket. Its sat so long we're not sure if we can fix that car either. :sigh:

Well at least I'm going to get my garage cleaned out when DH takes the old car to see if it can be fixed.

:hug3: I know how you feel. Seems like when one thing goes wrong, it PILES on. :(

**Anyone up for a prayer circle for gofish???**

I'm praying things smooth out quickly and well. :pray:

Hang in there goldfish it will get better. We will pray you through this. We have all been there and have the t-shirt that said we survived. Some of us have more than one LOL. It is nerve wracking and really knocks you for a loop but you are strong and you will come out on top. :bighug2::pray:

This song has been running through my mind all day. Don't know why I haven't heard it in years.

1. To God be the glory, great things He hath done,
    So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
    Who yielded His life our redemption to win,
    And opened the life-gate that all may go in.
    • Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
      Let the earth hear His voice;
      Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
      Let the people rejoice;
      Oh, come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
      And give Him the glory; great things He hath done.

[*]Oh, perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,

To every believer the promise of God;

The vilest offender who truly believes,

That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.[*]Great things He hath taught us, great things He hath done,

And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;

But purer, and higher, and greater will be

Our wonder, our transport when Jesus we see.

Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/h/39#ixzz291t1fKw9

Bright side today is...

Snarky co-worker hasn't said anything to us all day today. She was in the wrong.

Son 's strain is better today. It happened when he was weight lifting. It could have been a lot worse.

Our house is paid off. Money is still very tight but that gives us some breathing room.

DH is working on the car problem.

I'm trying to view this as a test to our commitment not add new debt to our lives.

Yesterday after a hard day at work. I was hit with all these problems within the 1st 15 minutes of getting home.

I love that song of praise! I love to open my Bible, and just "sing" the verses...whatever they may be. Brings such peace. Don't be surprised if the "world" hates you...they hated our Savior too! But...you've got some mighty loving friends around here!

Add me to Gofish's prayer circle! Praying for you :pray:

My oil light came on today. Checked the oil. It's full. Lube Stop said it might be my oil pump or something else going bad. He said but it went over my head. Started the Jeep back up and the light went off. So, out of sight out of mind right now.

Hubby fixed our radiator problem over the weekend. It turned out to be the water pump and not the radiator. The water pump was $65 and the new radiator would have cost $200. He was able to install it himself, so we dodged the bullet on that one. Best of luck to Gofish and Jeepers with their vehicles, too!