MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Doomsday Preppers - short notice

Hi Everybody

In case anyone is interested, I was flipping through TV channels and right now (approximately 8:25 pm) the National Geographic channel is airing repeats of Doomsday Preppers from last season. This will replay again at 1 am. They will begin new episodes on November 13, 2012

YYY

drat, the old apt cable doesn't not pick up NGC, barely the History Channel or 49 for 700 club news. ( I like his newscast and his standard poodle is cute.)

Can we get the episodes online? or on kindle if you have a subscription? I need to check that. Maybe I can do downloads of episodes. Its fun to watch and see how nuts some of the extreme ones are and interesting to play with the scenarios for mental practice and adapt as needed to myself.

Do you not find that the NG team seem to have gone out of their way to find at least one person per episode who is happily sailing somewhat beyond the weirdness horizon. At first I insisted the whole family watch the recorded episode together. Now, if I catch it on repeat, "meh".

Do you not find that the NG team seem to have gone out of their way to find at least one person per episode who is happily sailing somewhat beyond the weirdness horizon. At first I insisted the whole family watch the recorded episode together. Now, if I catch it on repeat, "meh".

Yes! Some of the people are hard to watch. I watch it now just to see if there's anything interesting to see.

drat, the old apt cable doesn't not pick up NGC, barely the History Channel or 49 for 700 club news. ( I like his newscast and his standard poodle is cute.)

Can we get the episodes online? or on kindle if you have a subscription? I need to check that. Maybe I can do downloads of episodes. Its fun to watch and see how nuts some of the extreme ones are and interesting to play with the scenarios for mental practice and adapt as needed to myself.

Arby, you should be able to locate at least a few of them on youtube. I don't have cable and I'd like to watch the UFO show on NatGeo, but they're horrible about showing the whole episode on their website.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if any of you guys can get it ? The UK has an entertainer called Derren Brown. A hypnotist among other things. Upon occasion he has a TV 'special'. Last Friday on channel 4 was the first of a 2 part show where he put someone through their very own SHTF scenario.

The guy is in his 20's, lives at home with his folks and came across as a waste of space. The aim of the show is to teach him responsibility, courage, decision making etc.

The team started with a mis information campaign, hacked his phone, PC and RSS Feeds, made television announcements to 'his' television about the likely hood of the planet being hit by a meteor. Let him experience a mini emp. Later on his way to a birthday treat they hit him and the coach load of actors with a meteors hitting the road, blowing up other vehicles. Before he could panic they sent him back into a trance.

He was allowed to wake up in a hospital bed, in an abandoned medical facility supposedly 2 weeks later.

Enough to say that if you've seen The Walking Dead or 28 Days Later you have a fair idea of what happens next. Very bad idea to attract the attention of people in a dark locked room chowing down around a bed and covered in blood.

I await this weeks show with interest.