MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The WE2's

PC BACKUP DISKS

Learned the hard way last week about having pc backup disks for the system! My problem now is I can't seem to get this pc to want to do backup to anything but a "D" drive...which is WAY to small for whole backup. Does anybody know how to backup to CD's...which requires several disks...?:banghead:

External USB flash drives come in large GB capacity.

Depending on what version your PC is; ME, XP, Vista, etc., there are a few ways. There are also disc utility programs that will allow you to change the destination for your back up from CD/DVD to external hard drives.

Yes, back-up are critical to have. When my first laptop crashed, it took with it 5,000 photographs and 3 businesses accounting records, never to be seen again.

Last night and most of this morning I just went into explorer, located the files and photos I wanted, and burned them onto several different disks. I didn't lose any pics because I ALWAYS keep them on both the camera card (and just buy a new one when this one gets full) and then make copies onto my 16 GB thumb drive, that is for photos only. Did lose alot of the survival articles we had saved, but still had some on our "favorites" thumb drive. Last year we found the thumb drives on sale and loaded up...to the tune of about 20 LOL But I definitely will look into the suggestion of being able to change the destination of my backup, to a thumb drive or ???