MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Went to the Doctor.

This weekend I went to Evansville with my girls to check out the university . It's 6 hours from my house to Evansville. Because DD'1s BF who we were taking with us had to work until 9:00pm we didn't leave here until 10:00 pm Thursday night. We got to the hotel about 4:00 am their time slept until 7:30am and went to the university. Met with the per- veterinarian adviser, financial aid, and toured the campus had lunch and came home. We got back about 10:pm

Saturday morning my back started to spasm. Tried to do some house work and did the shopping to see if it would loosen up and it wasn't to unbearable. Sunday I didn't do much and fell asleep in the chair watching TV. I woke up with bad back spasms.

By Sunday night I could hardly move. I tried to go to work this morning and came home after a hour and a half.

Called my Doctor and they got me in right away.

The Doctor put me on a muscle relaxer and told me to put heat on it and not to drive after I took the pill. still waiting for that to kick in.

DD1 loved the university and wants to go there. It was a nice school. DD2 has 4 years of high school so she has some time to make up her mind. BF doesn't talk much.

If I have to go again we will leave more rested and make more stops. I never did travel well.

Nothing hurts worse! The back pain & spasms cause my tummy to cramp and then all hooey breaks loose! I've injured my back on a couple of occasions and I can almost feel your pain. We have an "inversion" rack that Mountain Man uses quite often to help him and I do when he re-positions the settings from somebody 6'1" to somebody 5'3"...LOL Anyway, take it eeeeeaaassssy like your doc says.

I hope you feel better soon.

Do you think the car ride was what set things in motion for the back spasms? My husband has issues if he sits in the car too long (same with plane, etc). He found it helps if he puts one of those heat packs (like those thermacare types)while he's sitting in the car, plane, chair for extended periods of time.. Maybe if the car is the issue that may help you out as well?

It's great your daughter liked the school :)

Edited by lumabean

(((gofish))) Oh man, I feel your pain. It usually takes about 3 muscle relaxants in a row before they start working on my back spasms. In the meantime, are you also on an anti-inflammatory? I would stay on that as well as the muscle relaxant. (((Huge Hugs))) TAKE IT EASY!

Yes the Doctor and I are sure it was the car ride. I take a anti-inflammatory every day for arthritis pain.

I do feel very tanked up at the moment. :imoksmiley: I can see why they told me not to drive. I don't like feeling this way. I would not make a good drug addict.