MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Indian Summer

We are having it here. It's 78 right now. Sunday the high is going to be 49.

Thanks for reminding me. I need to get the rest of the outside chairs etc. put away. I want to hose out the cooler and my trash can before storing the hose away too. I also need to bring another load of firewood in before it gets rained on.

We have chipmunks here too but they have been scarce the last few years. Cute little critters but destructive.

It's been a gorgeous week for working outside but we've all been sick with colds! Quite frustrating. Just today, DD and I picked the last of the peppers. She picked and fixed dill weed to dry. I'm feeling a lot better today but still not up to par. Yesterday I couldn't even think about working, but today Ive been able to think about it :) That's an improvement!

Still needing a/c...last night I roused a bit and both myself and MM had kicked the covers off...a sheet & light fleece blanket and a ceiling fan over our bed! Power surges from myself, yes...power surges from MM...??? Maybe I should have wakened him! LOL

I got a stack of wood carried in, lawn chairs put away and all the blankets and winter jammies washed. I still need to get the cooler and trash cans hosed out. I need to hose out my laundry baskets. Gees, I didn't know they got so dirty. I guess that's what I get for buying white ones. :groooansmileyf:

We have not had good Fall weather. But, the last 2 days have been great. Like some of you, I've done a lot of winterizing outside.

The forecast is for a cold front to come in tonight so I guess that's it for daytime temps in the 70's.

Jeepers, I have while baskets, too. I'm always wiping them out.