MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WormGuy

Prepper expo in Nashville

There will be an expo in Nashville, Tn next year in March. If you sign up for their newsletter they will send you free tickets. I am considering going. Anyone want to join me?

http://www.npsexpo.com/

Ticket link: http://www.npsexpo.com/#!tickets

:wormie2:

John

I've mentioned it to Mountain Man...we're headed out to meet some like minded folks for breakfast (about 100 miles away) and then join them all for a gun show. We'll let you know!

Wormguy, have you gone to this expo in the past? This could be a fun one for us, dh has always wanted to visit Nashville, and of course I would love to attend a prepper expo. Win Win I'd say. Help me convince him.........

That looks interesting! Definitely going to look in to the possibility of going, it's only about a 12-13 hour drive, and we've never been to that area before.

Der Mr. Lovinit, please come to the Nashville expo. You will get to see me again.

Think that will work? :happy0203:

Probably not, so time for the big "guns"...Time to ask for help here.

Catwrangla will you help out here since you live there? I have been there twice and through it about a bazillion times but I have no clue what is there to take in. Pretty please.

We could all meet up and take in the expo together. :eclipsee_Victoria:

John

They had one recently in Arlington, TX. and I went with a friend.... DH was working. It was GREAT! So many different vendors, classes, information, samples, and products. Some of the classes were standing room only and we were really surprised at all of the really young families that not only were there but really gathering all the info that they could. The largest class (by far) was on how to create and build a community of 'like minded' people.

We would definitely go again...but I'm sure dh will want to go...I exceeded my budget just a little bit.:shrug:

Well, of course there's always country music! :happy0203: We have a Bass Pro Shop. There are several historical houses/Civil War battlefields that can be toured (Hermitage-home of Pres. Andrew Jackson; Battle of Franklin; Battle of Stones River) as well as regular museums. We also have a good-size zoo. Not too far away is Bowling Green, KY, which has the Corvette plant and museum. South of Nashville is Lynchburg, with Jack Daniels Distillery that offers tours. :imoksmiley: And also south of Nashville a bit there is an Amish settlement that offers tours, maps to various farms with goods for sale, etc.

I've mentioned it to Mountain Man...we're headed out to meet some like minded folks for breakfast (about 100 miles away) and then join them all for a gun show. We'll let you know!

Need a date as soon as you know one. If we're able to come we'd want to know where we can find Corps of Engineer camp grounds or possibly State camp rounds as we'd be dragging our travel trailer (we don't do motels for 2 reasons, I want my own clean bed, and we bring Abby with us) to stay in. Once we know date, we'll be sure to let you know. It doesn't take much for us to hitch up and go...any excuse is good enough for us! LOL

Wow! I'm 2 hours or less south of Nashville; would love to go to the expo. Maybe we could all meet up???

I never got the tickets and I don't see any other way to get them on their site. I'll keep checking.

John

Strange........I sent another request for tickets and then I got an e-mail. I was able to print off two tickets. If everything goes well I will be there. Anyone else?

John

I'm undecided. I'm scheduled to go to Knoxville for work that Thursday, and my manager is trying to talk me into taking a day off and spending the weekend in Gatlinburg (driven through, but never stopped). I was going to go to Gatlinburg this past fall, but things were so busy at work I decided not to go.

Decisions, decisions.... :runcirclsmiley2:

We just printed off 6 tickets, so I guess they are still giving them out. Thanks for the info.!

If Doc and Nurse Amy are there, sign up for the class on post-hooey wound sutures. Or stand around outside and "audit" the class. Never know when it will come in handy....or vital!

MtRider ----first time I EVER was able to be around needles without :0327: ....:cheer:

Arby, the dates are showing as March 16 and 17.

Kind of a dumb question ... but do we need a ticket for each day? Wasn't sure if the tickets I had dh print off would be used each day ... I'd read them, but they're in dh's work bag and he left hours ago (he had to print them at work since my silly printer is on strike again).

Dh got the vacation days approved :hapydancsmil: so we're good to go.

Edited by lumabean

My tickets show "General 2 day pass" on them.

John

Ten days until the Expo, everyone that's going got your tickets?

John

We're still pretty snowed in so I'm just not sure. We don't do motels and dragging our travel trailer in bad weather is a no-no. We'll check and see if tickets are available at the door as well as how the weather is looking for that weekend. All the expo's we've been to sell them at the door for a buck or two above registration ticket price.