MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

3:45 AM and jumping out of my skin.

Yesterday as I was getting ready for work I had to go into my dark kitchen.

Why there is only one light switch and why you have to fumble thru the dark kitchen to turn on the light is one of the many things that has confounded me about my house. :scratchhead:/> It was built in 1959.

There are some built in shelves under the light switch. Thy are not big enough to be useful and usually a catchall for junk.

So there I was in a dark kitchen reaching for the light switch when I touch fur. LIVING BREATHING FUR.:runcirclsmiley2:/>

1st thought was MOUSE. 2nd thought was wild SQUIRREL.:behindsofa:/>

I jumped back about a foot when the LIVING BREATHING FUR meowed at me.:imoksmiley:/>

Samara is a mostly black cat. I think she looks like a burnt pumpkin pie.

She is a very shy cat. I think it's been 7 months since I last touched her.

I had to pry her away from the light switch to turn on the light.

She let me pet her and purred for a minute than jumped down and walked away.:shakinghead:/>

Silly cat.

One night, probably closer to twenty than to fifteen years ago, the screen fell out of the backyard window to my bedroom. I heard something, so I put my hands on the windowsill to lean out and look down. Or ... that was my plan. I put one fist on the windowsill and one fist inside the hot, wet belly cavity of an ENORMOUS RAT.

I became excited.

After that, my huntress cat returned to eating her catches somewhere else.

My son had a cat that would catch mice and rats, eat the bodies and leave the heads and tails in the hallway outside his bedroom door. It was always interesting walking down the hallway in the dark!

One of my reasons I chose a white underbodied cat this time was so I could probably see her in my darkly carpeted place, lol. Luckily she doesn't spook me that much and if so, we both 'jump' out of startlement! lol. That would intimidate me too, lol, to come onto a silent furry thing when I am reaching for something else in the dark and it didnt end up being my cat as there are all kinds of critters around here. Miss Macy does imagine their are mice inside our place now but so far has not gotten ahold of one. sometimes I catch her laying on the kitchen floor watching under the stove though and other assorted places 'underneath'. So far nothing and no sign of anything else other than her being the only furry animal inside. :wave: Hi everyone. At the library today and not quite so busy so I thought I wouuld drop in. Glad to see site is up and running. Any word on when shoutbox will exist again, if ever? :pc_coffee: