MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Back Surgery

Howdy ho neighbors! I'm trying to be good and wear my brace when I get up (it's felt & velcro - bustier in front and tortoise shell in back!) and remember to wear my "othofix" spinal stimulator force field, whatever the heck it is for 4 hours a day. And not bend, stoop, lift more than 10 lbs or twist. Sheesh. :runcirclsmiley2: Got the stitches out a week ago (all 37 of 'em) and all say I'm mending nicely. I'll be glad to get out of this brace but I've still got about 8-9 weeks in it. Don't know about the force field.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts!

It gets a little discouraging sometimes; my left leg is still numb & tingly at times. My left foot still feels heavy, too. Th doctor tells me that nerves repair at one (1) silly millimeter a month. The fact that my foot gets heavy means the damage is pretty extensive and will take months to heal. I tell myself it's only been a month, but I want to be back up to speed NOW! Lol.

What kind of back issue did you have repaired, if you don't mind me asking. My DD has severe back problems (a Pars defect). It's a broken vertebrae that is shifting in her lower back causing compression of the discs. She is afraid to have surgery because there is apparently only a 60% chance of it making it better.