MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thanksgiving Shoutbox

I'm home resting...and digesting.... :yum3:

At the last minute, I cooked nearly everything in my tiny kitchen and then transport it all to my folks'. Our plan in the past couple years has been for me to stay overnight Wed. with my folks to help and DH joins us after feeding critters on Thurs morning. But both my folks had been hit by some bug and were slow in recovering energy. So this worked better....except trying to find room to set something down. I nearly felt I would become a performing seal and balance a pan or bowl on my nose!!! :blink:

But we all had an absolutely wonderful day. Each year I'm thankful that my parents are still healthy enough to be in their own home...in their 80's. I'm thankful that modern technology still works so that I can be in touch with family in far east and west of this country. I'm thankful for grocery stores that still have abundance...tho the price is a little more dear each year. I'm thankful for an amazing little entertainer who joined us this year.....a pup who was SO good out on my parent's porch. She and her antics were priceless. I'm thankful that DH and I are working together more than ever....for today's event and for our tomorrows...as uncertain as they seem to be for humankind. I'm thankful that God Himself, was present in every moment of our day and in our tomorrows, and that they are never uncertain for Him.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :happy0203:

MtRider {....whoa, now I've got a ton of leftovers :hapydancsmil: }

Edited by Mt_Rider

Ha- no danger here about that! It was a grilled turkey and all I could taste was Kingsford. :blink: A shame, too- it was an organic, free range bird and I shudder to think what it cost. The meat was wonderful from a texture standpoint and it was cooked to perfect done-ness.

And then I had to evade pleas to eat the leftovers. First World Problem, yeah, I know.

Other than that, the usual family stuff and stepping on toes over a long weekend. At least we didn't get stuck in much traffic going there and back.

Now if only the bleeping Fiscal Cliff would be resolved so I might get a bleeping job...