MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Black Friday

Yesterday the weather was lovely. Today, windy,cold and snowing. :frozen:

So my kids wanted to go shopping today. We went to Wm got fish food and some Legos for a friend. Next stop Tractor Supply.

DD1 got cowboy boots.

DD1 some nice winter boots.

Son a hoodie that says " My red tractor is worth more than your red sports car"

Did they want to go anywhere else? No. They were not going into the madness.

DD1 went with a friend to Kohl's late Thursday night. She said she was never doing that again.

What a great saying (and so true too) for the hoodie to have on it.

My son went out for a bit this morning/early afternoon with my mother, he wanted to see what Black Friday was all about. Last night he and my husband went to Wal-Mart. He experienced it, and is now over it, I think next Black Friday he will be staying home with me.

Edited by lumabean

Overheard a couple of people in Golden Corral this morning (we ate out!) and one asked the other if she's been to a "black friday" at WM...her answer was "yes, and I'll never go again!"...LOL Several years ago MM and I went to one and we're among those who say "not again" ...unless it's something we just can't live without...LOL

We went last night for the 8 and the 10 sales at wal mart. I love it!!! We do it every year even if I don't want much, I think it is fun. Dd got to go this year for the first time and loved it too, so I guess I have a future partner in crime!!!

I drug 3 of my 4 kids and two of their new spouses with me to Walmart last night. Everyone did a little shopping. Oklahoma has a law that doesn't allow stores to sell items below cost to protect smaller businesses that can't compete. Luckily Walmart will price match any store within 50 miles so living only 30 minutes from Texas really helped us get some great deals :)

DH & MIL started to plan, on Wednesday, what time they needed to leave to camp out for 'Black Friday". They wanted me to bring them Thanksgiving Dinner to their tent.

On Thursday the discussed being there by Midnight.

Every year they.... Talk about it.

:)

By the time I went most of the hard core ones were home sleeping it off. I don't mind going shopping on black friday. I just go later in the day. I don't care if I miss some deals.

Most of the people around here are still civilized.

No having a friend pick you and your new TV up while you leave a 2 year old behind sleeping in your car.

No shooting someone over a parking space,

No brawls.

I didn't see any fighting, brawls, or people trampling over others but what I did see was people helping each other out. Several older people on their electric carts couldn't get near the crowded displays and the people around them made sure that they got all the items they wanted. I saw people at the front of the lines handing the items to everyone around them and others passing them on to the others that were much further back. While people were helping others, other people were collecting items for them. People who had duplicate items offered to share with those who were too late to get any. Most of all everyone was talking and sharing with perfect strangers while standing in lines. I even saw a couple of people totally freak out by being surrounded by so many people and everyone stopped and cleared a path for them to get out. It was crazy but great to see so many of the people treat each other with respect and kindness.

I have had a pretty rough year and have become so cynical....I never dreamed going and watching strangers could help me see that there are still good people.

I wanted the shotgun that Bass Pro Shop had on sale, starting at 5:00. I showed up at 4:30, and the line went on forever. I said to myself "nothing is worth that line", and drove off. After I found a McDonalds that was a) open and B) sold hot chocolate, I headed for home. While driving back past the store, I saw no line at 5:20. So I went in, and took a number at the gun counter. I got #73, and they were helping #17. I looked through the ammo, and then started talking with another woman doing the same thing. She had a number in the 60s. We kept talking, and switched off watching our things for potty breaks, etc. We got real nervous, watching all of the people before us buying shotguns 2 at a time.

Finally they got to #60, and then announced that they were sold out. I was out the door around 6:30 empty-handed. :sad-smiley-012:

I decided to stop at Wal-mart for some donuts, and found the store almost empty at 7:00. Cashiers were standing around with nothing to do. There were still plenty of the TVs and other "doorbusters". I got the donuts, bread and a whole lot of DVDs and Blu-rays. Home and back in bed by 8:00. But I really wanted that shotgun. :sigh: