MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Why you should carry a flashlight.

this might be a good time that I can't watch youtube with slow dial-up!

Not going to see it on my Kindle also.

But we both carry flashlights (the LED pocket kind) with us everywhere because at night when you are with Amish Friends out in the country you can't see your hand in front of your face if the stars are not out or the moon is covered with clouds.

:AmishMichael2:

AH,

People get into the elevator, the lights flicker and go out. While the lights are out, this disheveled girl with a toy doll climbs out of a side panel. The lights come back on and the people freak out, she screams at them, the lights go out and she leaves through the side panel. Leaving the person/people to their own nightmare imaginations.

Horrible joke, in my books.

AH,

People get into the elevator, the lights flicker and go out. While the lights are out, this disheveled girl with a toy doll climbs out of a side panel. The lights come back on and the people freak out, she screams at them, the lights go out and she leaves through the side panel. Leaving the person/people to their own nightmare imaginations.

Horrible joke, in my books.

thanks - Youtube with sub titles!

or like reading to the blind!

Speaking of flashlights, they made good Christmas prep gifts.

Wally World has those displays of gift-type items throughout the store. In their display near sporting goods, there are 2 pack Maglights for just under $20. One is a set of smaller sized LED lights. The other are regular (not LED) and includes a 2D size and a smaller one (2 AA size maybe).

edited for spelling

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary

I have a flashlight or lantern at every door, 2 int he car, one in my go bag and one at every workbench. Oh, and a little LED on my keychain. I thought that was sufficient. But I didn't have a "real" flashlight on my person at all times. After Aurora, I started carrying a surefire 6P on my belt. I find myself using it often.

I'm obsessive about flashlights too. For one thing, I canNOT balance (due to MS) if I cannot see! :o Secondly, we live in the DARK boonies! The need is more obvious out here. But I never go into town without one...or two...or...

Have all sorts from battery to shakelights to solar/wind-up. Have them stashed in every bag and positioned everywhere. I have begun to carry GOOD headlamps everywhere I go. Stashed in pocket of my coats, etc. I need my hands for cane use sometimes and I love headlamps while I feed livestock or do the other chores.

I've loved having that headlamp in my pocket when coming home from town...cuz I'm the one who has to get out in the DARK to open/hold/shut our driveway gate. After DH drives thru, the tail lights are not enough to see the gate latches.

MtRider ----obsessed with water and lighting issues!

• 3 weeks later...