MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I am now a widow

I know I haven't been here in a while. As some of you may recall, my dear Scott was diagnosed with stage IV Lung Cancer in June. He did some radiation in July, a few months of chemo, ended up in the hospital with seizures, blood clots in his legs, a bleading ulcer that put him in ICU and then home with Hospice in October. I took care of him as much as I could, fortunately we didn't need round the clock care until the last 2 weeks of his life.

On December 7th Scott passed away.

Fortunately, I am blessed that my sister was here with me when he passed and she stayed the week up until his memorial. Her husband came out from NY, my youngest son came home on his 14th birthday from school, and my older son was here with me too. Scott always took care of me while he was alive and he promised he always would. I am blessed to be able to pay off all debt, buy a much needed newer vehicle in a few more weeks and will be looking for a small home to purchase.

I know I am more of a "lurker" but I hope to change that in the future as I try to make plans to create a different life. I hope to go back to school, but to study what, I have no clue. I just want to get OFF SSDI ASAP! No matter what direction I end up going in, I am trusting my Heavenly Father to guide me. Scott is watching over me, of that I am sure.

Thank you for your prayers

Thank you ladies for your prayers and support. I know this will take time, I am just grateful for the short time we had together. Scott blessed my life and made it so wonderful, even on our worst days, I wouldn't trade one second of what we went through because I know he loved me. . .

Glad you have family support. I know you've been a part of MrsS for years now ....so you are not 'more of a lurker'.... you are family here. We'll be praying that God comforts you; guides you; protects you; and provides for you....as HE promised to do for the widows.

MtRider :grouphug:

I am so sorry for your loss.

Listen to what the Holy Spirit tells you. If you can, give yourself some time and space. Wait a few months before making any long term decisions (financial or otherwise) if you can. Paying off high-interest debt is about the only exception to that I would make.

I was widowed after 42 years...so sending you my hug & my prayer..."Psalm 57:2" for you.

You were certainly blessed!! We had 1 year, 4 months and 2 days married but just over 3 years together. I cherish the memories of those special days.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Listen to what the Holy Spirit tells you. If you can, give yourself some time and space. Wait a few months before making any long term decisions (financial or otherwise) if you can. Paying off high-interest debt is about the only exception to that I would make.

Thanks HazelStone I plan to pay off ALL debt as soon as possible after the new year, and I desperately need a newer car. I have my husband's dearest friend (like a brother) watching out for that for me. Funny thing (only not so funny) I had a headlight die on the car last night, fortunately it's a minor thing but what a PITA to have to deal with just days before getting a newer car! The only reason I am taking care of it (other than the fact that I don't want a ticket) is that I drive my son's girlfriend home at night along the highway, AND I am hoping to go to Maryland for a few days next week.

As the snow falls outside my window, I am dreaming of a 4wd vehicle now instead of the thought of another van. :)