MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hey Martian Chick

I just read your newest book and reeeeally liked it! Loved the name of the law firm LOL. I think the preacher with the colorful clothes and fancy car might warrant a book about him too. I also liked the ending.

The only problem I saw with it was...

...when do I get to read about Starr!? Not fair tease!!!

Thanks, Jeepers! Starr's book is coming soon, but I want to finish the next Bystander book first. The preacher with the colorful clothes is the same one that is mentioned (in the beginning of the 2nd story) in Christmas in Bystander. He may make another appearance in one of my stories. I never can tell just how they will turn out since I always feel as though they've taken on a life of their own and I'm just taking dictation!

The name of the law firm came from my sister. She was visiting one day and began telling me a story about one of her friends. The friend has been married 4 times and I was amazed that my sister was able to remember all of the first names of the husbands: Earl, Ricky, Dick & Paul. I wrote them down on a post it note after saying that they sounded more like a law firm than ex-husbands!

Edited by themartianchick
I never can tell just how they will turn out since I always feel as though they've taken on a life of their own and I'm just taking dictation!

My characters do that when I'm writing stories. I keep describing my process as 'court room recorder'....as the video plays out in my head. Whew! Sometimes I wish I'd taken "shorthand" in high school. [ooops, that's dating myself, huh? :P ]

MtRider ---- which story are we discussing?????? :pc_coffee: Love Bystander and the residents!!!!

The new book is entitled A Slice of Heaven and it continues the story that I teased readers with at the end of Christmas in Bystander. At the end of A Slice of Heaven, there is a preview of a story entitled, Of Twigs and Branches, which is Starr's story.

You aren't dating yourself, MtRider! I never took shorthand in school, but I have a mother that was a whiz with it. She still uses it when she goes to public meetings or doctor appointments. We did have a home-study course (on records, no less) for how to do speed writing. I do use a lot of those abbreviations when taking notes, but I was never good enough to take dictation. The term courtroom recorder is quite an accurate description of how I feel about the writing process.