MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Starting Saturday

It is going to be a pretty day here. Sunny and crisp outside right now.

I am gearing up to do my weekly house cleaning, DH & MIL are heading out, and I will have the house to myself for a few hours.

What's on your ToDo list today?

Just finished having pancakes and eggs, Abby's doing some "kennel time' (which we do if the weather is decent) to give her some time away from us, and we'll be loading up for a walk in the woods, and then do some more work at the Little House. Need to get our picnic lunch basket packed, and some sort of meat laid out for supper. I think I'll drag out my crock pot and get a pot of beans going for us and some of the corn muffins that are already baked and ready...let it do the cooking for me...LOL Had blackeyed peas, fried potatoes & onions and corn muffins for New Years meal (a tradition). Throw a load of light colors into my washer and they'll be ready for the dryer when we get home later this afternoon. That's one of the advantages of living ON grid. If we have to, we know how to live off. In the mean time, we just add to our camping gear etc.

Got laundry going and helped cleaned the 2 boys room trying to go thru some stuff for when we move they dont play with so much stuff and the babys not a baby anymore but it just pulls on my heartstrings getting rid of stuff lol guess its time to put my big girl panties on or well have a house full of stuff at the new place and no room for us. When DH get up he has to go to work today so I get to take the 4 kiddos to the store with me yippee:) lol. Well I guess its time to get motivated again for some reason stuff doesnt clean or pack itself. have a great saturday everyone.

Monday morning I start back to work after two weeks off. :( Have to get my head back in the game...get a lesson plan going, go in and set up classroom, check work emails...and I'm feeling a little stress because the para I've been working with for the past 9 years is taking extended time off due to health reasons...maybe for the rest of the school year. So my classroom will start off the new year with three different people working different days...two I hand picked and have worked with. Mondays I'm a little scared...I have a young man who's worked two or three times in the other rooms but never with me...and his experience is minimal....to top it off Monday I have a main streamer starting as well as a 3 year old that I've never met but has listed on her paperwork as having behavioral issues. Oh well, it is what I it is..... Time to crank out a big batch of play dough, some shaving cream in the water table and pray for good weather so we can be outside as much as possible.

On the home front, laundry needs to be caught up, a few things need to be consigned and donated, we are going to be looking for a printer that works with a tablet and we need to sit down with son and talk about how he wants to finish out his senior year.

I think the sun is coming out from behind the clouds..hope so! I always have much more energy on sunny days.

Have a productive day!

My day started early, got bills paid online, took are of the pets, did a bit of cleaning, put 9 trays of frozen vegertables in the dehydrator, and then before I forged ahead to ds's room to clean (he said he already did it himself ... yet it still looks as though a tornado blew on threw ... boys!) I had a bit of a detour of babysitting for a short time, now back to the daily routine.

DH called to say hours at work have been cut back, so he will be leaving at 1 this afternoon. I think that will give him and ds time to fly the new remote control helicopter ds got for Christmas.

Probably some laundry in my future this afternoon too, followed by some ironing.

I've also been looking for nearby LDS canneries. So far, no luck. I did see that there's one 2-3 hours from mil's house (I think if it's not too far out of the way it may be possible to stop there on the way home -- if they allow non-members, that is).

Later on, I want to work on a bandage I am trying to crochet, I was watching a Katzcradul video on YouTube and learned that there are places that accept knitted and crocheted bandages for lepers. Sounded like a good way to do something for someone in need -- I don't get out much so this would work out well since I can do it from home. Granted, I am at a very pokey pace, but I am trying :)

Edited by lumabean

I have to reorganize all the cleaning junk under the kitchen sink. I got new plastic bins to put things in.

Have to go to the post office and send off some pictures to my dd. They are to be shown to the lawyer next week. She hopes she has a case to show neglect of her godchildren.

Stop at store for a few things.

Take something out for dinner.

Do laundry

Fix dinner.

Would like to work on a quilt. Maybe this evening after dinner I can do a little bit.

Fixed brunch and dinner is ready to heat up now that it is completed except for cornbread or biscuits. Laundry load in the little hand crank washer...... kitchen floor clean, dishes clean...... window open since its a fine winter day and not as cold as it was this week. Yesterday shopped for food and saved a penny or two while doing it. Working on some writing for a while for a sit down break while the air clears of pinesol which almost forced me outside. Have not used that ina while! Egads! Miss Macy is getting used to her adjustable camo style collar since it goes with her coat colors and we both despise black and pink. She seems to be getting used to it well enough too, one step closer to leash training for emergency evac and travelling in vehicles. Also considering what to clutter clear this week...

I'm ashamed to admit that I slept in today. But, it is my last chance to sleep in for a couple of weeks, so I went for it! It's time to take down the Christmas decorations. The tree is gone but everything else remains. So, time to deChristmas the house and do the dusting that's been hidden by garland for the past month! DD has a birthday party tonight and DH is home tonight, so I'll probably fix a "grown up" meal (HUGE salad with lots of extras) and find a movie for us to watch. DH got me Amazon Prime for Christmas - there are so many tv shows and movies that are free, so we'll find one of those to watch. Okay, off to exercise and clean! Have a great day!

I dusted the hallway area on the second floor and DS2's bedroom, changed linens on 2 bed (2 more to go), 2 loads of laundry and a load of dishes. Dough for BBQ Chicken Pizza is rising and chicken is thawing. Measured DS2's room for DD's full sized bed (I think I'm going to try and make a short loft for her bed so she has storage in there as the room is so small and then checked to see if the crib will fit on the where I want it to go in DD & DS1's current room. We are going to put them all three in a room for a year so they can have a playroom. Started a swatch to make sure my gauge is correct to make a pair of leggings for DD.

Kids go back to school and taekwondo on Monday so trying to do the last minute things that we need to.

It's dark and gloomy here but they are forecasting snow. I'm praying for it as we haven't received any measurable amount.

Edited by Jori

Cold but we saw sunshine today!

We got some errands done that we tried to do last Saturday, but had to postpone due to snow. So now I finally have a new filter for my vacuum. :thumbs:

Other than that, spent most of the day shopping for things that make me grumpy that we even have to buy (security cameras). :tapfoot:

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary