MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Frustrated, feel like I am spinning my wheels...

thanks for the tip Violet, my drug store here may have some. I think i saw some being sold there a while back. If not I can order some next month. Wish I had a bottle now though, but whatever this is , other than opthalmic migraines, it seems this peppermint oil might help. might help my sinuses readjust some too.

Thanks, everyone. I am down to 2 big boxes in the living room. One to get wrapped and go to the barn - can't collapse it down much due to all the foam packing, and the other hopefully to be gone tomorrow. I found a new home for the various pieces of furniture that needed to leave and I was so glad to see it go. This evening I hit the 3rd bedroom hard and now it is an organized pile of stuff needing done and at least half the floor space is clear. The projects piled there are long term ones that I will have to plan and schedule to complete.

So...I think I have dd somewhat situated with her new schooling. I still need to go through a few more books, but they are mostly mine. I'd like to get at them though. The crowded, messy shelves make my entire living room look bad and contribute to the first impression visitors get when coming to my house. Another pending project is to sell as many of the no-longer-needed homeschooling books as possible and then give away or donate the rest (could bring in up to $300). I plan to direct that money toward replacing food storage items.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a naturopath to see if that specialty has any relief to offer with regards to my rash/Grover's Disease. I really want to avoid the heavy duty pharmaceuticals if I can. I had a very good talk with a Physician's Assistant (PA, which seem to be taking over much of American health care these days). He attends our church. He agreed with me that it was probably wise that I not chance side effects that line up with some mild but problematic tendencies I have experienced in the past.

Dh's birthday is this week. He wants to go ammo shopping with some points that we earned on a credit card. Fine with me. Also a field trip for dd's new school. Such a coincidence that their first trip happens to be not far from our home. It will be good to meet some of her teachers in person and put faces with names.

I'd also like to get 10 more articles written by the end of January. In my fantasy world, I'd get 20 done a week, instead of 20 a month. Our finances had become a bit grim last year when dh had to take a pay cut. But God is giving me a way to work ourselves out of this hole and I need to step up and take it. If I can get dd's schooling settled down by the end of the month, not much is scheduled for February. Maybe I can get closer to my 20/week goal then.

Although I'm not quite back to being able to work my 13 in 13 plans yet, I do feel good about the progress that's been made and optimistic about the future. That's one of the things that surprised me in December, this new-found optimism. I'll enjoy it while I can!

I've put dabs of peppermint oil on my temples before, and then took a short "whiff" ... it does help. I've never had migraines and seldom have headaches, but have used the peppermint oil when I had a sinus thing going on.

I will have to remember that. I still have a bunch of peppermint oil from the mouse problem

Getting back to the day I was battling the persistent headache....the peppermint oil [dabbed and whiffed] did clear my sinus a bit and the second Nuprin loosened up the insides. I was cleared up in about an hour.

MtRider --thanks for the reminder! :thumbs: Why be more miserable than necessary? :lol: