MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wednesday's Wanderings

Good morning all,

Today I am headed down the road to Tx again.

I'll probably see snow from the storm that went through the other day.

Excited about my garden, the radishes are sprouting even with frost on the ground.

What are your plans for the day?

Have a safe trip to and from Texas, Annarchy.

A garden sounds good, esp this time of year in my part of the country, lovely thoughts of spring :lois:

My plans are some of the usual, cleaning, laundry, babysitting, trying to spark ds's interest in his school work (getting sooooo much harder as he gets older -- he just turned 17 earlier this month).

I am excited too that I may be able to finally finish a crochet baby blanket I started -- I read that the size should be 36 inches by 36 inches, but I am almost out of the yarn I was using (it's older yarn that I don't believe is sold any longer so I can't run out for another skein), so it may only end up being 34-ish (and with no trim). Not sure if I should be this excited given those realities, but I still am LOL.

Edited by lumabean
Have a safe trip to and from Texas, Annarchy.

A garden sounds good, esp this time of year in my part of the country, lovely thoughts of spring :lois:

My plans are some of the usual, cleaning, laundry, babysitting, trying to spark ds's interest in his school work (getting sooooo much harder as he gets older -- he just turned 17 earlier this month).

I am excited too that I may be able to finally finish a crochet baby blanket I started -- I read that the size should be 36 inches by 36 inches, but I am almost out of the yarn I was using (it's older yarn that I don't believe is sold any longer so I can't run out for another skein), so it may only end up being 34-ish (and with no trim). Not sure if I should be this excited given those realities, but I still am LOL.

One idea...make a "stripe" of another color (yellow if it's a blue blanket, white if it's a pink blanket) about 2 inches from your finishing edge, and then do the trim in the same color. Will be quite "festive" I believe.

Have a safe trip Annarchy!

Luma, I'd do what Philbe suggested. Or crochet a boarder all around it.

I have some errands to run. I've been putting it off because my neck (arthritis) is killing me today. Really a bad day. It's starting to trigger a headache too. While I'm out I want to see if I can pick up some peppermint essential oil to see if it will work if I get one...ala Violet. In the mean time I'm eating a peppermint candy cane. Probably not the same huh? It's almost 4:30 and I still haven't showered before I go out. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Jeepers, my arthritis was kicking in too. Crappy stuff. Geez, doesn't it understand I have stuff to do? That I can not pamper it?

I found my stash of ingredients for peppermint bark the other day, gonna have to make more when I get back home. LOL

Lumabean, just keeping a 17 year olds attention is a major accomplishment. I think Philbe's suggestion of a border might help you make the size requirement for your blanket.

The trip was without event. Thoughts of everyone here kept reminding me to :pray: Yeah, that's what happens on long road trips when the radio doesn't get any reception. LOL

Average temperature: 49-50

Average gas prices: $3.50

Average trucks on the road: Above average in a big way.

Average trains: Above average.

Average time on the road: 6 1/2 hours.

No snow, except on the distant mountain tops.

Glad everyone had a good day, time for me to get some rest.