MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hospice

Yes, it is difficult. But Hospice is a blessing that you can only fully appreciate after they are no longer needed. Our experiences with them were good ones.

**prayers for you**

(((gofish))) Hospice was wonderful when we needed them for my Father-in-law. They are as much of a support system for you as for your Mother. Sending prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

• 2 weeks later...

gofish, I can honestly not say enough good things about a Hospice Team.

Last October I was caring for my Mum who was in final stages of metastized bone cancer, and I had promised to keep her at home until the end. Then she had a stroke and became quite violent and was placed in Hospice. There she got care that was as loving as anything I could offer, but with regular heavy duty medical care as well. I stayed with her the entire time of the five days she lingered.

The Team took as much care of myself as they did of my mother. And at the end, they supported me emotionally, physically, and spiritually - despite my not knowing at the time how badly I needed it.

Hospice workers are carefully chosen for their abilities, and they deserve a special place in heaven, for surely they are God's gentle hand here on earth.

One of the wisest things they said to me was, "The one watching suffers more than the one who is ill". Hold that in your heart, it will help you get through your troubles. My prayers are with you.

gofish, I can honestly not say enough good things about a Hospice Team.

Last October I was caring for my Mum who was in final stages of metastized bone cancer, and I had promised to keep her at home until the end. Then she had a stroke and became quite violent and was placed in Hospice. There she got care that was as loving as anything I could offer, but with regular heavy duty medical care as well. I stayed with her the entire time of the five days she lingered.

The Team took as much care of myself as they did of my mother. And at the end, they supported me emotionally, physically, and spiritually - despite my not knowing at the time how badly I needed it.

Hospice workers are carefully chosen for their abilities, and they deserve a special place in heaven, for surely they are God's gentle hand here on earth.

One of the wisest things they said to me was, "The one watching suffers more than the one who is ill". Hold that in your heart, it will help you get through your troubles. My prayers are with you.

Amen...

Yes, it is difficult. But Hospice is a blessing that you can only fully appreciate after they are no longer needed. Our experiences with them were good ones.

**prayers for you**

I so agree, we only had them for two weeks with my mom...they were such a God send. When they left if felt like family was gone. They helped me and my dad so much during that difficult period. I'm sorry your need them, but be glad that you have them.