MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sparkling Thursday

Good Morning All!

I hope everyone has a great day.

My "ToDo" list is bulging at the seams, so much so, that I must prioritize each task to accomplish it in the time frame it requires.

Yesterday's storm was interesting. Snow in Arizona in places it has rarely ever snowed. They called it "grauple" instead of "snow". I thought if it looks like snow, feels like snow, and tastes like snow, then it IS snow. :scratchhead: Guess not. LOL We got cold rain most of the day, around 40 degrees. Poor Grrr would go out and turn around and go back in. Seems he does not like the rain and cold. We were calling him Brrr

I went out and took some pictures but I have not processed them yet. Hopefully, I will get to that later today and post some.

Radishes, beats, spinach and some lettuce have sprouted, still waiting and hoping the rest of the seeds will sprout.

Time for me to get back at it.

What are you doing today?

Thundersnow here...not much accumulation of snow nor sleet, but the noise of the thunder was quite interesting! Lots of folks far north are getting pelted with lots and lots of snow. Lots of folks to the far south are getting soaked with freezing rain. We're hiding out in our "Moses Syndrom" ... PTL!

Today is cleaning and laundry, then later on this evening, there's a class that I signed myself and ds up for in a nearby town - he's balking about going, and we're both not feeling that dandy today, but we're supposed to be meeting others there, so I am set on our going (it will hopefully be beneficial for us both, it's a class on eating better, healthy options and such, one night a week for 4 weeks).

All kinds of "stuff" outside so we're hunkered down...now that Mtn.Man got himself "unstuck" 3x trying to get some foam insulation for a work project. Just stretched some pennies on a pot of chili, using a can of Hormel chili with no beans, adding a can of Aldi's "diced tomatoes with garlic & roasted red peppers, and an Aldi's can of chili beans. Sure tastes alot better than just opening 2 cans of chili! I know, I know...just pinching my own pennies! LOL

Laundry, odds and ends around the house.

I took Marshmallow Root this morning for my sinuses. Finally found a gluten-free brand, so I'm thankful for that. This is something I hadn't taken in a long while, so it's also 'testing' it to see if I react. It helped with my sinuses and so far no reaction. I'd like to take some more...But...now I can't seem to find where I set the bottle! :shakinghead: It's been one of those days...I'm ready for :offtobed:

((((OOTO))))) Hoping you feel better soon, and you find the bottle... we have a "black hole" that sucks up the one thing you are looking for at the moment. :eek3: It shows up when we quit looking for it.

Hoping your family feel better too, Luma, and may you have fun at your meeting.

My DH has had the crud for 2 weeks now. I'll be glad when he finally gets over it. Seems like the same thing I had in November and December.

Pinching pennies is a way of life for us, Philbe.

Anyway, did a bunch of accounting, worked on a deer skin, took Grrr for his obedience training, examined the garden for sprouts... a couple of the giant sunflowers have broke the ground. And, found time to optimize this photo of the snow in the desert. The original panarama was over 8000 px wide. Most of the snow is gone today, but the memories will remain.

2013Snow1.jpg

Closer...

2013Snow2.jpg

Even closer....(I love telephoto lenses)

2013Snow3.jpg

Annarchy--beautiful pictures !!!!

Today was our once a month breakfast outting and a trip to the gun store with our one and only "like minded" neighbor. The rest of today was spent doing "research & developement" on how to make fine chocolates. Something I have always wanted to learn.

MMmmmmmmm........ chocolate!!!! :yum3:

And learning to make it, even better. :cook:

Sounds like so much fun. We have a family recipe for fudge, wonderful stuff, but you need to have a strong arm and know just when to pour it or it fails.