MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Epic Saturday

Morning everyone,

'Tis a crisp 39 degrees as dawn breaks in the east and the mocking birds and woodpeckers announce the suns' arrival.

We ended up having a partly cloudy day yesterday, warming up to about 70.

As usual, today is my "House Cleaning Day". I am not looking forward to it, my back has been screaming at me to quit doing so much. But, it must be done, and I need the exercise.... gotta add to my 'mile' list. (Note to self..... post last weeks miles..... I'm such a slowpoke sometimes.)

Anyway, Grrr is learning real quick. He is now off the 15 foot leader and on a 4 foot leash learning the trade of "heeling". He's learned that regardless of the distraction - cat, person, dog, food, car, etc - he is to watch me. He is also learning to "wait" until he is told 'ok'.

The saga continues as I will go about my day. Time for me to go feed the birds. I can hear them jostling for position in the tree branches and on the electrical lines, sounding their calls for me to get out there.

Are you doing anything special today?

I had to work today which puts me at 60 hours at work this week.

After word i came home to find DH had cleaned the living room . He also took me to Hobby Lobby and out to eat.

I tried and hurting so I think I'm going to bed early,

Edited by gofish

I went into town to pay a bill and visit with a friend who is just out of the hospital. Picked up a few groceries and high tailed it back home. Housework one so just playing on the computer and watching a few recorded shows with dh. Not epic but wonderful!

Edited by snapshotmiki

They guys are at work today. I am trying to demud the house. Now that the snow is melting they are tracking in mud even though they take their shoes off outside it is on their clothes.

Like I said the snow is melting and it is pouring off the roof, sounds like rain but it is bright and sun shiny. We have a winter weather advisory in effect tomorrow and Monday with more snow predicted. I just know I am ready for my toes to thaw out. Yeah Yeah Yeah I know you can remind me of this come July and August when I am complaining because it is 100+. LOL

Snow shoe'd for a couple of hours. So good to be retired and not "have to" get out in it until we're ready and want to. Like many in the mid-west, we're bracing for another front to come through sometime Monday. But...all is "tight" around here except I have an eye appointment Monday early, it's time to get my prescription checked for another year's supply of contact lenses.

What a busy day it turned out to be. With cleaning done, DH and I sat around a small fire with Grrr. Like you, Gofish, I was tired and sore too. Yanno, your DH is spoiling you. That is so sweet. I love it when my DH does stuff like that.

Miki!!!! Hi! Been thinking of you. Nice to hear you had a wonderful day.

De-mudding? We did that for a few days also. We do not get much rain here in the desert, so when it does, everyone tracks it around without thinking. Our normal is usually thick dust everywhere and on everything all the time. MT3B, you can complain about the cold/heat any ole time. I am trying to suck up all the cool/cold I can before we soar into the triple digits. lol. My DH has been requesting warmer weather all month.

Ambergris, are you going to get some bees? We had to take down the hummingbird feeder because the bees are swarming. The local beekeeper brings his boxes to the farmers fields and the wild desert bees multiply and migrate in swarms, this time of year. Isn't visiting with friends heartwarming?

:cheer: Congratulations on your new kitchen, Deerslayer!

Looks like you had fun with your pup Philbe, but I think I work harder being retired, then I did when I was working. LOL

Oh..... and Hi Jeepers. :happy0203:

We spent a goodly amount of time watching a pair of fox hunt for mice, and just hang out in the sunny, warm, weather yesterday morning. They stayed around so long because our dog was busy on the other side of the house.

She was eating up all of the stale cereal and crackers we had put out for the partdridge (sp)??, that had been parading past the front window.

I thought to myself - This is why she is a bird dog, she goes after the bird food, not the birds! She let the wild ones scurry past her while she laid there and watched them.

An amusing Saturday morning for us.

Edited by lovinit

Watching wild life and feeding the birds are hobbies of mine too, lovinit.

I can imagine the fox were quite amusing. (As I think of the screen saver pic I have on my computer, of a fox in mid air pouncing on something in the snow.)