MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Majestic Monday

Good Morning!

The bright almost full moon is finally setting in the west as the sky is beginning to lighten in the east. Twinkling stars are slowly fading out and several satellites have passed by.

The temperature is sitting on 32 and the forecast calls for a warming trend this week reaching up into the high 70's to low 80's again. Great for my garden, which is covered right now with old table cloths, to protect the new shoots pushing through from the frost. Corn, a couple of onions, carrots and cabbage and 2 tomato plants have finally sprouted over the weekend. Still waiting on a bunch more to come up.

Yesterday, we took it easy and rested all day, then BBQ'd. I cooked the last of some 3 year old pinto beans in the pressure cooker, they soaked up almost all the water because I left them in there too long.... Still, they tasted good. Froze 1/2 for MIL.

Today's plans are to take Grrr for his "Heel" training. He is advancing very well. It doesn't matter what speed I am going ... slow or slower or stop... he is not pulling on the leash any more. This week's training advances into making left turns and sitting.

We have shooting scheduled for this afternoon. Not sure what I want to shoot today, other than my camera. Maybe save ammo and plink with our .22's. We shall see.

What's going on in your part of the world?

puppyinwindowsnow.gif

Right now it is 22.8 degrees out and we have a cloudy sky. It was so nice yesterday, the sun shining all day and now the clouds. Oldpine has to make a trip and will be gone most of the day, hope he is back in time to eat tonight. :)

Oldpine and I went to church then at out with a friend, his wife wasn't feeling well so didn't come. Our DD joined us for lunch and we were there for more than 2 hours. The guys like to visit.

Yes, the moon was so bright last night. I think it has some kind of affect on Minnie as the past 2 or 3 nights she has been wanting out in the middle of the night and that is not normal. :(

I need to get some :clothesline: done today, but, it sure isn't going to get hung outside. :):sHa_sarcasticlol: Not sure what else I will get done, but, there is always something to do around here. :) Oh yes, I need to give my sister a call today too. :) That will take a while as we usually talk close to an hour when we talk. :)

SNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpg HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gif

Bracing for another blast from winter...seems like this front has it's aim directly on the central midwest...Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas etc. Probably won't be as much snow this time around though, but add it to what's already on the ground it makes it pretty significant. Snow shoe time again!? Oh...I've just gotta share this youtube video with ya's...Mountain Man and I love to do the western swing...and this "geriatric" version is surely the hoots!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/eSKCi9ml4ME

:wave: Snowmom. Brrrrr that sounds cold.... Poor Minnie, hopefully, she will calm down now that the moon is waining. Enjoy talking with your sister. I miss mine, we used to talk for hours too, *sigh*. Glad you had a good time yesterday.

Enjoy the snow, Philbe, that's another thing I miss, snow. DH can not handle the cold anymore.

Oh, and here's a picture of Grrr.... he blinked!

Grrr130224c.jpg