MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Friday's Itinerary.

Good Morning,

I hope everyone is having a great day.

It's Friday! Kinda doesn't mean much to us, but, it would if we were still working 8-5/M-F. Not much in my todo's, but that generally doesn't matter, I will fill the day with activities of one sort or another. Finished the deer hide and returned it to the customer. With that out of the way, I can begin to plan my next project.

The forecast calls for warmer weather reaching into the 80's this weekend. I am looking forward to not having to cover my garden at night. After the freezes we had, I will have to replant some of the seeds that have not sprouted.

We went to our local used bookstore and I got a 1958 Betty Crocker cook book. I like the old ones because they make things from scratch. DH spoiled me and got me an 8" cast iron dutch oven!!!! :cele: Then said I needed to practice with it and break it in.

Well, it is time to go spread some seed on the ground for the birds. There is a peregrine falcon that hangs around feeding time. He miscalculated one day, flying headlong into a yucca plant and falling down on the ground to recuperate, we laughed so hard, it did not come back for a couple of days.

How is your day going? Any plans for the weekend? schedule

Gearing up to go help some like-minded friends shovel out and trim/cut downed tree limbs. it's snowing again, but hopefully it will not accumulate but even better...stop. When we're finished this afternoon, they're hosting us to the local asian buffet so we ate a fairly light breakfast and will have leftovers for lunch.

:wave:

Not much going on here today. We've gotten precipitation every day this week. This morning is the 1st time any of the white stuff has stuck to the ground. I hope that little bit stays as I like to see the animal tracks in the yard. We had a rabbit hanging out in the yard all summer and fall. We used to be over-populated with rabbits, but the coyotes took care of that. Anyway, I call him "Hasenpfeffer" (...it's a German rabbit dish).

Got our friends shoveled out & limbs taken care of. Other friends at BOL were snowed in the whole time, and power was off the whole time. When I finally connected with her, she said their power had just came on, and that they'd lost 2 calves and maybe one more that had gotten caught out and the coyotes got them. Said she was tired of being a pioneer woman! LOL She has a wood stove in her basement so they cooked there, didn't even fire up the fireplace upstairs. Said the used their generator periodically to keep their freezers & frig's cold, just alternating them. Then at night would plug a lamp in for a bit to read etc. Walked down to their mailbox but mail didn't run...LOL They'll probably fire up the tractor and do some plowing on their driveway so they can get to the gravel that leads to the state road. She laughed and told me "it's so nice to talk to a human being...we felt like we were the only people on earth!" Anyway...all is well...PTL!

After work I went to see my Mom.The nursing home has a happy hour every Friday at 3 so we went to that. They had a DJ playing oldies and a snack bar with food, wine,beer and soft drinks.

After that we went to a ISSMA contest my DD2 was in for Jazz Strings. She had a solo in one of the songs they played. She didn't want to do a solo but her teacher told her she was one of best in the group.

It took us a hour and half to drive to where the were having ISSMA and it has been a long week at work so I fell asleep coming home.

i hate sleeping in a car, now I'm all stiff.

"Hasenpfeffer" MMmmmmmmm, good stuff. LOL Hoping you got to see the little hopper. OOTO, nice to hear you are getting some snow. As much as we like pleasant weather all the time, the precipitation refills and restores the ground water.

Sounds like you enjoyed you day Philbe. I've also begun to hear people complain about 'pioneer' living.

:wave: gofish. Hope you mother is doing well. How did DD2's solo go? Whenever I doze in the car, I get the worst neck ache for days after. Hoping your stiffness goes away quickly.

Grrr and I had it out... he tried to mouth my hand because he zigged when I zagged. "OH.. NO! You don't!" I knew it would come to that eventually, he's trying to find out what his limits are now. I may be female, but I am ALPHA to him! After that he did good. All is well with the world for now.

Abby still challenges us periodically...but, that's not unusual for a strong willed dog. They just have to be reminded that every time they challenge we meet that challenge with authority...and with consistency. We had to resort to the electronic collar several months ago and now seldom have to use it...but she wears it quite a bit just the same. We're looking forward to the day we can leave it off all the time. It's sort of funny, we can say "I'm going to get the remote!" and that's it...or pick it up and just point it at her and she figures "oh, oh, momma/daddy's not happy with me"...LOL The funning thing? Is she doesn't even have it on! We always put it on when we're hiking though because she loves to run ahead and behind us and we need the control...off leash. She's very good at immediately coming when we call "heel" or "treat" or "where are you supposed to be!" When we call "where are you supposed to be, she gets behind me and MM. When we call heel, she comes flying and then parks her rear on MM's left side, and then lays down. The "treat" command we use at home mostly. Grrr is so lucky to have somebody who cares enough about him to train him. Blessings to you, or he'd probably not be alive.

On Friday afternoon I fell, for the second time this week, and came home early to pick bits of cement out of my hand while I sulked.

Looked back over my time for the past two weeks and came to the conclusion that Facebook has become too much of a hobby. It has to go. I don't have that much free time. I had previously deleted the Facebook games, but that's plainly not enough. Just hitting "like" or "hide" on the political postings and trying to keep up with everyone's grandchildren is too much.

This week's extraordinary rain caused a 50-year flood, but we got no water in the house. This was an enormous relief, the way that stuff was coming down. Now it's turned cold.

We're supposed to have started our tomatoes and peppers a month ago so they could be set out on St Patrick's Day, but it didn't happen. I had blocked out much of this weekend for seed starting, but clearing DX's junk and his friends' junk has to happen first. This past fall was, evidently, a whole lot crazier for them than I had let myself see. A fellow (and his friend with a truck) is supposed to come out Saturday evening to help.

It turns out that, following the most recent sneak-in (a week ago Thursday), we no longer own a .22 or any .22 ammunition. This deeply disturbs me. The replacement got added to the "big ticket expense" list, after property tax and new glasses and all. Are we even going to be able to replace them? Even more disturbing is the way the deputy I spoke to about all this just blew me off.

My new hives arrive on March 12th. The new bees should arrive around the first of April.

The odds of getting my job legislated out of existence have turned against me. Won't know yes or no for a while, possibly not until May 3, but waiting until then to start researching options would be a fool's strategy. Worst case scenario (which is the least likely) would have me out of a job on June 1. Slightly more likely is me losing the job between June 1 and October 1. I'm paying ahead on the mortgage and utilities each month, and I bought three months' worth of flea stuff at this month's vet trip. Living on unemployment benefits while looking for work is an awful lot easier if the mortgage is paid, the electricity is on, and fleas don't keep biting all night long.

Dreadful to hear of your fall...they hurt more and more as you age, so be careful friend! As for the job situation, this world is so fragile right now and one doesn't know from one day to the next which way to turn...so....we walk with God don't we!? "The steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord"...that's one thing we can cling to! Told MM a few days ago ... "That's why I bless my food when I store it, when I cook it, and when I eat it...because Paul told us that nothing God blesses is unclean".