MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Soapy Saturday

:wave: Morning!

How is everyone today?

Here in the desert SW, the sun is shining, hardly a cloud in the sky and they are saying we should reach the 80's. Last night it only dropped to the 40's. I still covered my gardens, just in case, you never know if the temp is going to drop out here.

It seems, I will have to replant some seeds. I think the day it got down to 28 degrees killed some of them even though they were covered. One cucumber, 6 homestead, 3 Roma, 3 beefsteak tomato plants have come up in the peat pots. DH asks each morning... "anything new?"

Today is Maid day. :clothesline::dusting::dishes: Sheets, rugs, dusting, polishing, sweeping and mopping all are on my regular list. I did most of the laundry yesterday to get a head start. Then, if I complete that early enough, give Grrr another bath. That boy loves to roll around in the grass and ends up tracking it in my clean house. :tapfoot:

I hope everyone has a fantastic day. :bouquet:

Are you doing anything fun or just resting from a long week?

Finished off re-stocking our pantry shelves...eating left-over chicken/vegetable/rice soup for lunch and a 'nanner for dessert. Then we're headed for the State Park fpr a "snow walk" (no snoe shoeing today...still a bit tuckered from all the shoveling these past two days) and then check the mail etc., at the Little House. Haven't decided yet what to fix for din-din but I'll come up with something! LOL

How does Grrr feel about getting a bath?

It was cold today. :frozen: But I like the cold!! :happy0203: After all, that means no bugs, no bees, no snakes, no humdity, no sweating, no pollen. (Obvious that I don't tolerate hot weather well?)

Finally made it to the library and got a little bit of genealogy research done. I found a few more pieces to the family tree puzzle...but then again, that just adds more to the puzzle that I don't have!

We stopped in a bookstore to look through the discounted books. Not a huge selection, but DH and I each picked up a book. I like to read, so I've already finished mine. I should pace myself, but sometimes it's hard to put down a good book!

So between working on the family tree and :reading: , I didn't get much else done today, which is sometimes expected when I get a new book. :sEm_blush: I did manage laundry, though!

I need to go through the grocery ads and my coupons yet this evening. DH is watching hockey dozing on the couch, so we'll be up for a little while.

Edited by out_of_the_ordinary

Took a long snow walk and believe me, it's easier with snow shoes when the snow is this deep! Hinney muscles did a real "burn" by the time I got back to van...LOL Stopped by Little House and fiddlesticks...the one tree that we didn't get removed, launched a huge limb down on top of our antique Tioga (which isn't running right now) cab over camper! So...tomorrow it's the chain saw and pole saw to the Little House to take it off and then off at the trunk. We "thought" we'd escaped snow damage etc. Picked up a 10# role of lean hamburger and spent the evening frying quarter pound burgers, cooling them, vacume sealing them 2 in a bag, and into our freezer for picnic lunches etc. Open one up, nuke it, add cheese & mayo and a bun, wrap in foil, into the picnic basket they go! LOL Still have 3 packages of celery I need to get onto the dehydrator though, and need to slice up a mess of green bell peppers. We enjoy them on our sandwiches instead of lettuce, and we nearly always have them along with onions in our scrambled eggs. Got all the chicken breasts vacume sealed, dated and into the freezer. Shouldn't have to buy meats for a long time. Did get a bit of a surprise today at the park. Another couple was walking their male Scottie and he decided he didn't like Abby. Well, for the first time since we adopted her (when she was 6 wks. old) she was ready to take him on when he growled. We all think she thought he was growling at me and Mountain Man and thinking "this is not going to happen!" The Scottie headed for timber when he thought he'd been had. MM had a good hold on Abby's leash and was able to give her a huge pull back with the command to "heel" and she obeyed. The man told us his dog as the "little man syndrom" and is always looking for a scrap. Seems they wouldn't have approached us (with it off leash!) knowing that?! Anyway...no disaster, but proof that our Abby-girl will protect us from something she feels is a threat. We'll have to keep a closer watch on things that approach us.

:wave: Jeepers, hope you had a good day.

OOTO, Grrr did well his 1st bath, seems like he's been to a groomer by his actions. Yesterday's bath went really well, and then....... he rolled in the grass/dirt. He was a muddy mess. Honestly, why did I bother? But, he was itching and scratching and he needed it, even if his idea of cream rinse was mud. LOL And, my DH loves to read too, he reads a thick paperback book a day! When he runs out of unread ones, he re-reads them.

It has been a couple of years since the house rocked with the concussion of bombs dropping. We live close enough to a National Guard shooting/bombing range that the explosions rattle all my windows and walls. BboOOoom! Rummmble, rummmmble. Thought of our RYRR forum, and what would we do if it was a war like in the middle east. Not something I would want to endure.

Sounds like you and Abby had some adventures, Philbe. Glad nothing bad happened.