MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I am having heart failure over this one site !!!

If she did water bath it...she did that wrong too. According to the pictures, the water in her pressure canner (that she is using as a WB canner) is not covering the top of the jars!

"Then I proceeded with the boiling water bath for 40 minutes. (This is the Extension Service method of doing a boiling water bath.)" Wonder which Extension Service she is in contact with?

• 1 month later...

Me, too ! I wish someone would frighten her enough by telling her she can get sued and lose everything she owns by posting this stuff if someone gets sick or dies. Liability is a real issue.

That is why I don't teach without liability insurance. It isn't lack of trust in my information and knowledge, but not everyone follows exactly what you say. Then, they can say it was your fault.

Good advice Violet. A friend has held some "classes" (?) and as far as I know, she's not a licensed nutritionist nor does she carry any liability insurance etc. Ya gotta be so silly careful these days. Your worst nightmare is harming somebody who's broke.

browsing around I saw that she's in the plans of writing a canning book ... yikes. Maybe the publisher would need to have some sort of liability coverage ... I'd sure hate to be the company backing that policy -- or worse, the unsuspecting people using those recipes.

:blink: she's got 40,000+ likes on Facebook -- that's an awful lot of people getting dangerous guidance ...

Edited by lumabean

Most of the people on the FB group are aware that the methods aren't "USDA compliant", but it' scary when a newbie comes along and says, "OMG! I didn't know you could can butter!" I've commented and then gave up. SB Canning is a good one though.