MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I got a job offer

Praise God... at this point I have only a few weeks of "regular" unemployment benefits left. Yes, there's still the extended benefits if it came to that. I've been through the long unemployment routine before, though, and the day several years ago when I had to file for extended unemployment was a rather bleak one.

The job is a better version of what I was doing before- I'll get more good experience and it's a rather visible role so good for making connections. I'll still pursue IT certifications as a backup, but this job will pay better *and* will pay for overtime. Finally- the medical bills will DIE.

Then there's the bureaucratic nightmare the unemployment office has been putting me through. I am glad I saved some cash rather than pay down some bills faster. They have frozen benefit payments on me twice! And this was a simple claim that wasn't contested by my former employer. That finally got resolved last week. I shudder to think of those living paycheck to paycheck and/or are the primary breadwinner of their household facing such epic screw-ups and facing no cashflow.

So glad things are looking up for you! :hug3:

A good example to have some cash on hand if possible. A lot of hardship can happen when someone else messes up. Kinda like driving a car without insurance. You can be careful and do all of the right things but it's usually that other guy you have to watch out for.