MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hi everyone, I hope you all are having a great day.

A long weekend is here and many are out and about. We have graduations also in our area.

We plan to stay home and hide out. There is a red flag warning, which also means windy conditions, that covers most the state, so camp fires are only allowed in designated areas, but that does not stop some people. God willing no one will start the desert or forests on fire.

What are your plans? Going out? Staying in? ToDo lists?

Not a great outdoor weekend here on the coast. Wet & rainy. We try to have our campfire cookout---but sometimes mother nature will not help us.

Be safe my friends--whatever you all are doing.

:woohoo: The heat and humidity are gone! We actually have a frost warning tonight. I have some of my new Lodge cast iron pans baking in the oven. I contacted them. To remove their preseasoning (which is Gluten-free, BTW), they recommend preheating your oven for 400 degrees and baking for 2 hours, then clean and reseason per their website. So I'm doing that. I think DH is going to have to sand some before be reseason, though.

The weekend--going to FIL's grave. He was a veteran, so DH likes to put something on his grave for Memorial Day.

We also have some shopping to catch up on, the other security camera to put up (weather and wind dependent), the rest of the garden to be put in (see, sometimes procrastination pays off, I don't have to be concerned about that frost tonight! :laughkick: ) and a few little things around the house. DH has been working overtime, including some Saturday hours, so we're a little behind on the yard stuff. That's okay though, as the overtime is a huge blessing right now.

We also will remember the reason for Memorial Day and thank God for those who made that sacrifice.

I hope everyone has a good safe weekend. :americanflag:

I'm having a problem with a co-worker :mad: but I'm not the only one who's having a problem with her. My team leader can't do anything about her because the spoiled lazy little brat goes to HR everytime he asks her to do a job she doesn't want to do. She misses so much work I don't know how she is keeping her job.

Wednesday I worked across from her. Each person gets 34 seconds to do the job before the next piece needs done. Rate is 100 per hour for each person. In 3 1/2 hours I did 371 to her 271. If it didn't happen everytime I work with her I wouldn't have said anything. Next time she works with me a manager is going to watch her from a distance so the company knows it's not pettiness on my part.

I did offer to slow down to her speed but for some reason they didn't think that was a good idea. :scratchhead:

It's cold here and might rain tomorrow so outside work will be put on hold.

I want to reorganize the kitchen this weekend. DH laughed and said what I really want to do is gut the kitchen. :happy0203: I have the cabinets, flooring, counter tops and paint already picked out. Now all I need is the money.

I'm going to try to get all the housework done tomorrow. Sunday we will put flowers on my families graves and Monday we will do DH"s

I've spent a good chunk of the day doing yardwork and burning the cobwebs around the shutters. The cats have flattened and dug up my front-yard garlic, which had been looking great. :sigh: So much for the garlic. The ginger, galangal, and turmeric still look great. I gave away the kiwi vines and the feijoa, since only DX had a real passion for them. Tomorrow, if I can get myself and one of the boys up early enough while it's still cool, I hope to put the blueberries in the ground. We've nurtured them in pots since they were cuttings, and it's time for the ultimate up-potting. But it's too hot to suit up and work that close to the beehives right now. :knary:

Earlier today, though, I was able to use the weedwhacker right up against the hive stands and between them, with no trouble at all.

No real plans ~ dh is working all weekend, and then again tomorrow (since he's working on Memorial Day, he gets a bonus day to use any time, which is nice). Today - babysitting. Yesterday I did some baking since the temps dropped so much -- downright chilly, which was good so I didn't have to worry about the oven making the apartment too hot. Ds wanted to do some yard saling, which may or may not happen, we're playing that one by ear.

I like to stay in as much as I can on holiday weekends (not the I go out often as it is lol), esp., in the spring/summer because it seems safer that way. I am hoping that it's safer for everyone this year -- back at the end of last summer a few people drowned in the river not that far from here. We live along the highway, which runs along the river, and both get very busy -- river seems far more dangerous at times, with all the drinking folks do, then decide to go tubing or kayaking. We live down the road from the fire department/emt center, heart sinks when those water rescue crews go by with their lights on :( hoping they remain silent this weekend. with the colder temps, there should be fewer people in the water.

Edited by lumabean

Woo-Woo TMC, I just checked out your blog for the first time and loved it! Great job! Only one complaint though... :(

I went to the radio part and listened to the intro, which was very professional BTW, and I need to hear more! Come on girl, don't leave us hanging.

Thanks, Jeepers! We are recording some interviews this week and hope to have the show debut in the next week or so. Working on the intro was a lot of fun. All three of the participants were in 3 different states. It was a purely online collaboration! I do love technology... :wub:

We went on a motorcycle trip to the mountains. Boy was it wonderful. We ride with the Christian motorcycle association, and there was a big big rally going on, so we went and did our mission work. I do believe many lives were changed!! We also made some great new friends!! Also got to spend some quality time with hubby!!!!

We camped Friday-Monday and totally enjoyed the relaxation...didn't do alot of recreation other than walking & playing frisbie with Abby. We've been catching ourselves coming and going for months, so this was just a "down time" for us. Did enjoy meeting new friends & laughing at some of the antics of pets and kids throughout the campground. The weather was absolutely beautiful, no rain, no hot stuffy weather, just beautiful! We didn't even turn on the a/c until Sunday when the humidity began to accumulate in front of the incoming thunderstorms from the west. Just opened the Fantastic Fan above our bed, opened the exhaust fan in the bathroom, and opened the front door (screen shut of course) and enjoyed the freshness. Didn't even need to open any windows. Our neighbors on one side did likewise except they did open windows since they didn't have roof fans. Neighbors on the other side were tent campers so they really enjoyed the 70's weather during the day and 50's during the night. Abby was sitting at my feet under our awning when a grey squirrel came right up to the tree in front of us (less than 6 feet) and scurried up the trunk. She watched it, not sure what she was seeing...LOL I'm glad she chose not to chase it because I had her leash looped over the end of my toe! We had the EZup over the picnic table and ate every meal outside. My pretty red & white checked table cloth really made our meals feel "picnicy". Watched movies every night on the dvd player and snacked on peanuts...in bed! LOL Crackers in bed? Or peanuts in bed...either way, it was fun. Stormy weather finally moved in Monday and finally caught us as we hit home boundaries so we just plugged trailer in, unhitched and came home for a couple of hours until it passed, then went back & unloaded food & clothes and unplugged. We'll go back tonight after MM gets off work site and work in the garden, plant some more lettuce, radishes & spinach. We'll be doing some inventory work for a lawn sale so while MM's doing that I'll do the cleaning inside the trailer. The spring Jacob's Cave event is the coming weekend so we'll probably take a day trip to see what's going on there...unless it rains. If it rains we won't slosh through the grass & mud and alot of the vendors will simply not raise their flaps etc.