MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lowlander I want to know if this question I ask is true

Dee

What do Scottish Guys wear under their Kilts? I always see Bonny Prince Charley on the news in his kilt and of course the Irish Rovers sing that song " Donald Wheres Yur Trousers."

Everyone I have talked to says they wear nothing. My sister also said this... just wondering if what I hear is true. Oh thanks for the marmite tips. I found a store here in the US that I bought some from. I am waiting for it to get here. I will let you know how it is... Annie

------------------

reci.jpg

snoop2.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a picture going around on the internet a couple of years ago where supposdedly the wind blew up the kilt of a man on guard duty or something and showed him from the back.......................it was a bare butt expopsed! grin.gif

------------------

dee.jpg

Ah well, it was only a matter of time before someone just HAD to ask!!

Before I answer that, a brief history lesson!

Bonnie Prince Charlie was Charles Edward Stuart, known by the Scots as Bonnie Prince Charlie and to the English as Pretender to the throne. He was the grandson of James II, and born in 1720. In the Jacobite Rebellion of 1745 he won the support of the Highlanders; his army invaded England (hurray!) but was beaten back by the Duke of Cumberland (boo!) and routed at the Battle of Culloden in 1746, after which he went into exile. The Charles you saw the other day is Charles, Prince of Wales, and not quite so bonnie!! (but he is organic, but he does go fox hunting, so I have mixed views on him, myself!).

"Donald Where's yoor troosers?" was sung by a very famous Scottish music hall entertainer called Harry Lauder, nothing to do with the Irish or the Rovers!!!!

Anyway, be that as it may..............

it is true. True Scotsmen wear nothing under their kilts, I can truthfully vouch for that. Their big hairy sporrans keep them warm in winter when it's cold, and their nether regions are cool in summer without the encumbrance of undergarments.

Mel Gibson is Australian, so wouldn't know anyway!

Where the marmite comes into it, I'm not very sure...............

(I enjoyed answering this one!!!!!)

------------------

lowlander.jpg

*whispering*

It was announced this summer in the medical journals and reported by a news service that it is believed that this custom is why the males in Scotland who wear the traditional kilts have a *much* lower incidence of fertility problems.

nixweiss.gif

------------------

cat.jpg

*TEENAGERS*... God's way of helping parents clear the nest.

It is true, apparently, about the fertility of Scottish males who wear kilts; as opposed to the italians who have a lot of problems due to the very tight trousers that they wear. the medical profession in Italy is trying to get them to loosen up a bit to alleviate the problems, but the Italian men are none too happy about it!

Deb - you can come and sit outside my little croft when I move back to Scotland and we can go sight-seeing together!

ps heather doesn't frow in fields - the mountains and glens are more or less completely open with very few or no dykes (drystane dyke - Scottish wall of locally found stone made without mortar. these are so well done that a lot of them have been standing for 300 years now; they improve with age, getting covered with moss and lichen etc. Mt grandad on my mother's side was a drystane dyker as part of his work)

Ladies?! I see no Ladies!!!!!!

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Funny!..Me and Peg were on a cruise.. the captian asked these 3 men wearing kilts to come up to the stage..he asked the same question...they all "flashed him"...he laughed and said" that answers that"!..I got to talk with oneof them..after a few drinks of course! They are all in the sevice together..it was nice meeting them!

------------------

edandpeg.gif

Allllllright Lowie.....you got a deal!! Can i take Brigie....she has the binoculars!!

Ohhhhh so Heather doesn't grow in fields...hmmmmmm thanks for the info! All the better....i'll lay down in the grass or sit on a stone wall.......where ever i have to go......i will go.....

Hey Lowie.....is there any month that it's windy-er than others????

(I know.....my Mommie would slap me for being fresh)

Funny ED!

deb

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

HEY! I get first crack at one of those bad boys..teeeheeee!

My Heart is all aflutter now! Wooooohoooooo and hot dammmmmmmmm! Maybe I should Walk Scotland instead of the Trail! The View would certainly be a lot different...WOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Walking The Appalachian Trail in 04- CHANGING THAT TO THE HIGHLANDS OF SCOTLAND IN A FEW MINUTES.....WOOOOHOOOO

------------------

reci.jpg

snoop2.gif

Seeing we have a crowd.......i'll go get refreshments......anyone care for a beverage?

Hey Lowie.....do they have pizza delivery service here in Scotland???

Yeah....Ed....watcha talkin about.....Is it a real long t-shirt.....and where exactly is the pocket?

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

All right gals.......move on over, the party hasn't started until Spitfire's here......now, where's that wind you say?!!?!?

Squish over MM, I wanna good seat. See brought my binocs. and packed us all a picnic lunch.......a little bubbly to wash it down.....now....where are all those men?!!?