MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How to fold a fitted sheet

ROBIE

That's how I do it. But when he has it laid out in a (kind of) rectangle, I fold the upper edge down a third of the way, then fold that third onto the last third. Then I fold that in half across once and then once more to make a compact small rectangle.

Then I fold the pillowcases into a fourth of their size, and place them on top of the fitted sheet.

I fold the flat sheet straight down it's long middle first. (That gives me or anyone else a kind of a "guide line" to indicate the middle of the bed when changing them.) Then I fold it in half the other way and a couple of times more until I end up with a long rectangle.

I set the fitted sheet and pillowcase bundle in its middle, and then I fold one side over one way, the other side over that. Or you could just roll the bundle over and over in it from one side.

It ends up being a nicely-wrapped bundle where everything is together and ready to just grab to make the bed.

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were wowed by how nice it ended up. I thought it just looked like a logical way to do it. (My mom didn't do them that way, though - she didn't want to do that much work.)

That's how I do it. But when he has it laid out in a (kind of) rectangle, I fold the upper edge down a third of the way, then fold that third onto the last third. Then I fold that in half across once and then once more to make a compact small rectangle.

Then I fold the pillowcases into a fourth of their size, and place them on top of the fitted sheet.

I fold the flat sheet straight down it's long middle first. (That gives me or anyone else a kind of a "guide line" to indicate the middle of the bed when changing them.) Then I fold it in half the other way and a couple of times more until I end up with a long rectangle.

I set the fitted sheet and pillowcase bundle in its middle, and then I fold one side over one way, the other side over that. Or you could just roll the bundle over and over in it from one side.

It ends up being a nicely-wrapped bundle where everything is together and ready to just grab to make the bed.

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were wowed by how nice it ended up. I thought it just looked like a logical way to do it. (My mom didn't do them that way, though - she didn't want to do that much work.)

This is how I do it. Really makes it nice to keep up with the sets. And, when making up a bed, you don't have to dig through two or three different stacks of things to get a set.